Kayo discount with Telstra

Remove this Banner Ad

update: (cancel kayo, take up Telstra discount 12 mths)

- cancel kayo

- you have to get the signup on Telstra end properly completed first, once you've got the Kayo logo displayed in your internet package

THEN

on Kayo end, using same old login, reactivate, the Pay with Telstra option would then appear.

update: (cancel kayo, take up Telstra discount 12 mths)

- cancel kayo

- you have to get the signup on Telstra end properly completed first, once you've got the Kayo logo displayed in your internet package

THEN

on Kayo end, using same old login, reactivate, the Pay with Telstra option would then appear.
I noticed that the logo was still on my telstra acc, if I need kayo i will try that option thx

I noticed that the logo was still on my telstra acc, if I need kayo i will try that option thx
have you checked the amt being fleeced by Telstra each time ? does it correspond to subscription ? if the amt is correct yet you haven't been using kayo then....better start using the f*** out of it.

I watch kayo via my PC onto my 4K TV...waaaaaaaaay better I reckon, timeshift, instant replay, pause it while I go take a dump...etc...etc and the fps is way higher than usual, only downside is no more 4K games..I think Foxtel decided to keep 4K as the ace up its sleeve.

have you checked the amt being fleeced by Telstra each time ? does it correspond to subscription ? if the amt is correct yet you haven't been using kayo then....better start using the f*** out of it.

I watch kayo via my PC onto my 4K TV...waaaaaaaaay better I reckon, timeshift, instant replay, pause it while I go take a dump...etc...etc and the fps is way higher than usual
I opted out after the GF but the amounts were correct and telstra passed on the credits Kayo gave me for dropouts so all good. Not being charged anymore but logo is still there

I opted out after the GF but the amounts were correct and telstra passed on the credits Kayo gave me for dropouts so all good. Not being charged anymore but logo is still there
ah ok, maybe Telstra hasn't bothered to do its housecleaning.

When it goes back $25/mth after 12 mths, ie. no more Telstra discount, in theory, I could subscribe to kayo only during the footy months, hibernate the account during off season, reactivate when season starts. That's pretty good I reckon.

YES!!!

no more 'kennoying ads on kayo:

There will no longer be ads during play on Foxtel and Kayo when taking the Channel Seven feed.

Prefer kayo now than FTA tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had Kayo since March at $15 a month it is much cheaper than Foxtel which I only had for the sport anyway.

Same same. I have it via y TelstraTV. It's probably only a TelstraTV issue, but if you have to logon again sometimes with Kayo it is a real pain in the arse navigating around the screen keyboard putting email and password. There was a glitch in the system one week and we had to do this at least dozen times, 5 or 6 were while a game was on. I shot off an email to Kayo and they credited e an extra week or two - so they are approachable. It has most things FoxFooty has including On The Couch and Blobbo's World!

for AFL Live Pass customers:

"Eligible Live Pass customers will be able to access Kayo with a $20 discount, meaning customers will only have to pay $5 to access 50 sports across platforms, including live AFL and NRL games."

"Eligible Live Pass customers will be able to access Kayo with a $20 discount, meaning customers will only have to pay $5 to access 50 sports across platforms, including live AFL and NRL games."
Not bad, but it's $5 a month more than nothing. Will have to look into it, and I get the sense it's only for the first 12 months...

Thanks for that, saved me $20 a month.

Not bad, but it's $5 a month more than nothing. Will have to look into it, and I get the sense it's only for the first 12 months...

Yeah its only for 12 months... but so was AFL livepass originally. If it does well i reckon they'll keep some sort of deal. It's basically to compete with Optus and EPL which has been huge for optus.

That was my first response - bewdy, I'm now going from $0 per year to $60 per year for being a Telstra Customer. Existing customers are just the collateral damage to try and win new customers I suppose.

why not sign up with a free account...explore/test....decide...

This doesn't require you to enter credit card details (unlike the 2 weeks free trial from memory)

ps: if you click the link on the right with Telstra...the article says:

"It's unclear if fixed broadband, such as Telstra NBN services, will also be eligible. We've reached out for confirmation."

Well, I'm on NBN50 with Telstra, unlimited, with Kayo for $15/mth....so it definitely works.

Last edited:
Yeah its only for 12 months... but so was AFL livepass originally. If it does well i reckon they'll keep some sort of deal
They’ll need to if they want to hold onto subscribers. I’ve never subscribed to Kayo as I’m mostly only interested in footy. I use the AFL Live Pass all the time, including for accessing replays. A bit aggrieved that this will no longer be free, but I guess it’s up to me to determine whether it’s worth paying.

They’ll need to if they want to hold onto subscribers. I’ve never subscribed to Kayo as I’m mostly only interested in footy. I use the AFL Live Pass all the time, including for accessing replays. A bit aggrieved that this will no longer be free, but I guess it’s up to me to determine whether it’s worth paying.
I can get a cheaper mobile plan that is on the telstra network now, I only stayed because of the afl live pass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back