Kayo discount with Telstra

Remove this Banner Ad

Good deal IMO
The people complaining must be people who think AFL is the only sport in the world
You think that some people are complaining that an offering that was previously free is no longer, and requires subscription to a service they don't want or need, but are only complaining because they are unaware of any other sport besides AFL?

OK.

Last edited:

I can get a cheaper mobile plan that is on the telstra network now, I only stayed because of the afl live pass

Same, and the data watching doesn't count (green dot)

for AFL Live Pass customers:

"Eligible Live Pass customers will be able to access Kayo with a $20 discount, meaning customers will only have to pay $5 to access 50 sports across platforms, including live AFL and NRL games."
Basically, the only thing you lose is access to "live" games through the app (as they're delivered via Kayo instead)

You actually gain access to the "full replays" section of the site without an account now, whereas this was limited to subscribed/Telstra accounts previously (e.g. go here and click on the "view all videos by match --> Richmond v Geelong Cats" on the left-hand side and you'll see the full replays pop up on the right-hand side)

I already have and constantly use Kayo, so no issue for me, but I can understand the frustration if people don't want to pay for Kayo.

I am eligible but instead of $5 I see:

Add on Kayo Basic for $15/mth for 12 months

I have crunched the numbers and no matter the calculation, $5 is not equal to $15. So, what gives?
my understanding is the $15.00 is only for the 1st 12 months then it reverts to $25.00.

Last edited:
Righto. To get the $5

1. Open the AFL Live up on your smart phone.
  2. It will ask for an update.
  3. Update it
  4. Open it again.
  5. It'll tell you that AFL Live is over.
  6. You'll see something about Kayo.
  7. Turn off your wifi.
  8. Click the via mobile phone offer. (if you're a Telstra customer of course, it's a Telstra-Kayo offer, duh)
  9. Your phone's browser will open and take you to https://hub.telstra.com.au/kayo.html?device=mobile&ref=AFL_PROP_2021#/product
  10. No, you can't just click that link in your PC browser, as you won't have authenticated. If you click that link on anyting other than your Telstra mobile phone account authenticated mobile browser, you'll be taken to the standard landing page.
  11. It'll expect you to clicked via your Telstra phone. If you have you'll see this:
1612333916738.png
12. Note the $5.
13. Panic as usual if your battery is under 20%. Me? I'm chill AF at 21%
14. Sign-up

Update: 15. Telstra error results. Oops.

Last edited:
Righto. To get the $5

1. Open the AFL Live up on your smart phone.
  2. It will ask for an update.
  3. Update it
  4. Open it again.
  5. It'll tell you that AFL Live is over.
  6. You'll see something about Kayo.
  7. Turn off your wifi.
  8. Click the via mobile phone offer. (if you're a Telstra customer of course, it's a Telstra-Kayo offer, duh)
  9. Your phone's browser will open and take you to https://hub.telstra.com.au/kayo.html?device=mobile&ref=AFL_PROP_2021#/product
  10. No, you can't just click that link in your PC browser, as you won't have authenticated. If you click that link on anyting other than your Telstra mobile phone account authenticated mobile browser, you'll be taken to the standard landing page.
  11. It'll expect you to clicked via your Telstra phone. If you have you'll see this:
View attachment 1050600
12. Note the $5.
13. Panic as usual if your battery is under 20%. Me? I'm chill AF at 21%
14. Sign-up

Update: 15. Telstra error results. Oops.

Thanks you are legend for typing all of that but as usual I don't get it. The one time password cant be eyeballed because the little notification screen has to be scrolled down somehow, so when you try you lose your screen where you have type in the one time password and have to do all that again and again and again until they tell there is a problem and they are working on it - try again later. yeah, much ******* later!

Gets to the one time pin part and its sending it to some random account number, no clue why or how to actually get around it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God, 29.19m is nearly as long as I wasted trying to get Kayo for $5pm on my Telstra account on my phone - and I'm inclined to think I'll get the same result if I don't watch it - but thanks at least to CPB!

God, 29.19m is nearly as long as I wasted trying to get Kayo for $5pm on my Telstra account on my phone - and I'm inclined to think I'll get the same result if I don't watch it - but thanks at least to CPB!
normally i would never 'use' anything when it first comes out...there's always teething probs...so give it a few days...let the guinea pigs iron out problems for you ;)

I set it up, went to watch the basketball game need Wi-Fi it says so I got onto the mob and told them to jam it, what a joke

I found it pretty easy. I just logged into my Telstra account and followed the links where it asked me to log into my Kayo account
From there it showed me I already had the $10 off deal and it was replacing it with $20 off
Took 2 minutes

I found it pretty easy. I just logged into my Telstra account and followed the links where it asked me to log into my Kayo account
From there it showed me I already had the $10 off deal and it was replacing it with $20 off
Took 2 minutes
same when i got the $15/mth deal, once kayo was added to my internet package on telstra end...smooth from there.

So what happens after 12 months? We have to pay $25 a month if we want to watch the Tiges play and if it's not on free to air?
yes after 12 months it goes back to $25 Standard or $35 Premium, so if not on FTA then it's gotta be paid.

You can park the account during no footy months, reactivate it around March...I used to just leave it anyway to watch UFC but meh...I can watch UFC "streams" in decent definition...no need for fullHD so might park it after the GF from now on.

Gets to the one time pin part and its sending it to some random account number, no clue why or how to actually get around it.
try uninstalling your afl app and then reinstall and go through the setup process again Not saying it will work but worth a shot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back