Kayo for the richmond game

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Apple TV straight to modem. Doesn’t ensure it’s faster but it’s not getting caught up with all your devices trying to pinch the WiFi waves!
I’ve definitely noticed it’s much smoother with the hard line connection
I like the idea, but it means your TV would have to be close to your modem for the HDMI cable to reach. Which mine isn't unfortunately

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Hard to remember off the top of my head but we’ve had

Round 3 @ Collingwood
Round 5 v Port
Round 8 @ St. Kilda?
Round 9 v Melbourne
Round 16 @ Fremantle? (I was at this game so I didn’t watch it. 7 normally do the last game on a Saturday though)
Round 17 v Collingwood
Round 18 @ Melbourne
Round 20 @ Carlton

That’s just off my memory and looking at the fixture, I could be wrong
The port game and the derby were Foxtel games

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I like the idea, but it means your TV would have to be close to your modem for the HDMI cable to reach. Which mine isn't unfortunately
Powerline kits are a good alternative, I use one for my desktop. They come with two little boxes which have an Ethernet port on them. You plug one in next to your modem and the other in next to the device you want to connect via Ethernet. Run an Ethernet cable from each box to the modem/Apple TV, and it uses the electrical wiring between the two powerpoints that you connected the boxes to as an Ethernet cable, if that makes any sense at all.

Sounds weird but they work quite well, I use one due to the weak wifi signal in my room and it doubled the download speed on my PC.

image.jpg

Some of them (like the one I use) even include a power socket on them so you can still use the other power socket on the power point. Because of their size they generally will cover up the second power socket, so I think it’s worth investing in the ones which include a power socket on them.

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
Not quite. It's a small device that plugs in the HDMI port of your TV / AV receiver. It connects to your WiFi and you "cast" video to it from your PC or phone.
Once you install the app on your phone, all the Chromecast-compatible apps on your phone get a "cast" button that lets you view the content on your Chromecast instead of on your phone. It's a very handy device for something so small & inexpensive.
Ah interesting. I think my samsung TV has this already as i can cast youtube from my phone to the TV. Probably an older version though as myw tv is 5 years old.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Ah interesting. I think my samsung TV has this already as i can cast youtube from my phone to the TV. Probably an older version though as myw tv is 5 years old.
Kayo doesnt support inbuilt chromecast equivalents found on Samsung TVs, even new ones.

However new Samsung smartTVs (2018, 2019) now support airplay - can cast kayo directly from a iphone / ipad without needing a Chromecast.

But you'll need to get a Chromecast or AppleTV for a 5 year old TV.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
kranky al whats a decent/cheap VPN? I only need one for two week and probably won't use it that regularly.
I use cyberghost having said that it was mint when i got it - it renewed recently and its not as good now.

Australias kinda s**t to vpn to and from because the distances are huge - and the further the distance the slower the connection on vpn.

It might be ok to watch in sd on a ph or a pad - but you might struggle with hd and a tv

All depends how fussy you are

Last edited:
Back