Moved Thread Kayo Sports

bird_man

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thread starter #1
I hope I've created this thread in the right spot.

I'm sure most people have heard of Kayo Sports by now. For those that haven't it is basically a streaming service for sports. It is owned by the same people that own Foxtel and covers all the same sports at a much more reasonable price.

I'm just after a bit of feedback from anyone that has signed up. I've just signed up in the last hour and am already having issues as I haven't been able to cast to my Chromecast.

If I can get that working it looks like it will be really good, but just wondering what everyone else thinks?

Admin Edit:
Free 14 day trial now. - Use this link and support BigFooty. DO IT! Please?

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quinz

Chief Club Folder
AFL Club
West Coast
Moderator #2
Apparently you need a Chromecast Ultra for Kayo Sports or it doesn't work very well.

I signed up for the free trial too, been watching for a week or so. Some buffering issues but I don't have very good internet so if you have the NBN it'll probably be better. I'm going to cancel though because without the EPL and with the NFL in an inconvenient timezone I just won't watch much until AFL season. All the cricket I want will be on FTA apart from a few BBL games.

bird_man

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thread starter #3
Apparently you need a Chromecast Ultra for Kayo Sports or it doesn't work very well.

I signed up for the free trial too, been watching for a week or so. Some buffering issues but I don't have very good internet so if you have the NBN it'll probably be better. I'm going to cancel though because without the EPL and with the NFL in an inconvenient timezone I just won't watch much until AFL season. All the cricket I want will be on FTA apart from a few BBL games.
Thanks mate. I've only got an old school Chromecast by the sounds of it.

I've got Foxtel at the moment but I'm always frustrated that I have to pay for so much shit that I will never watch.

Costanza_

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
First I've heard of it but looks awesome. I was always happy to pay 20-25 for sports, it was more the principle of having it gated behind other rubbish content (i.e. the 'basic' foxtel package) that made me cancel my Foxtel.

It's not limited to small screens right? It can be used in a regular browser and streamed to a TV?

Will it have literally every AFL game as per Foxtel?

bird_man

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thread starter #9
First I've heard of it but looks awesome. I was always happy to pay 20-25 for sports, it was more the principle of having it gated behind other rubbish content (i.e. the 'basic' foxtel package) that made me cancel my Foxtel.

It's not limited to small screens right? It can be used in a regular browser and streamed to a TV?

Will it have literally every AFL game as per Foxtel?
Not limited to small screens, it works just like Netflix would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zero

Norm Smith Medallist
Other Teams
WA state-of-origin
I'm just after a bit of feedback from anyone that has signed up. I've just signed up in the last hour and am already having issues as I haven't been able to cast to my Chromecast.
Im also having Chromecast issues, in that I can't do it more than twice without logging in again. I contacted support, and an Essendon supporter named Gray told me that they are working on it, and that reloading the page should help.

However I know another user that has been casting without incident for almost a week.

AFL Club
Gold Coast
One option that might interest some people is the $99 Foxtel Now box. You need a Foxtel Now login but you DO NOT need to subscribe to Foxtel or Foxtel Now (ever). The device has Chromecast built in and comes with a HDMI cable, Ethernet cable and remote control. You can download apps from the Google Play store.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/box.html

craffles

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Get a job. Or get a friend and split it, a mere $150 per year. If you think $150 or even $300 is expensive then that's sad.
You're a horribly judgmental person and should be ashamed of yourself.

I have a very decent corporate job and can comfortably afford it, does not mean I think it represents good value.

In the mean time take a look at yourself in the mirror

Unique Name

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah.... It's great value. Organised with my folks to split the bill as well. $12.50 a month is insanely good value for FHD sport.

I already did the 14 day free trial. Will definitely pick it back up come footy season.

It was also hit and miss for me when it came to the chromecast function. Worked fine for the first few days, then just wouldn't cast. They'll have an actual app soon so i imagine it'll all get sorted by then.

craffles

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
You don't think $6.25 a week for all that sport and shows is reasonable?

What would you call reasonable?

It costs me double for foxtel
Right now I pay $80 a month and get unlimited internet, optus fetch including EPL, all fox channels incl sport and netflix.

Pretty happy with my current set up

Top Bottom