Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got Foxtel at the moment but I'm always frustrated that I have to pay for so much s**t that I will never watch.
Then get rid of foxtel and subscribe to watch afl and pay 75% of the price for about 1% of the content on foxtel. Or just watch ads and half as many games on FTA .

You don't think $6.25 a week for all that sport and shows is reasonable?

What would you call reasonable?

It costs me double for foxtel
No it doesn't. Sports plus pop all in HD is $44 a month with no discounts. Cancel at any time. That's $528 a year. For all the sports and pop package. Or pay 300 bucks to this mob and only stream on 2 devices or pay $420 for the orivilidge of 3 devices for a bunch of FTA sports. Trash.

You can get foxtel with sports and hd for free with telstra as well if you use them for internet. $99 a month unlimited internet 100mb a sec sport and hd.

Or use fubo TV, yttv, watch afl. This service is no better than any other.

Yeah.... It's great value. Organised with my folks to split the bill as well. $12.50 a month is insanely good value for FHD sport.

I already did the 14 day free trial. Will definitely pick it back up come footy season.

It was also hit and miss for me when it came to the chromecast function. Worked fine for the first few days, then just wouldn't cast. They'll have an actual app soon so i imagine it'll all get sorted by then.
Nice. Just make sure you or them don't have it on a 3rd device lol.. And hope they don't lock it to ip addresses which they will.

Get a job. Or get a friend and split it, a mere $150 per year. If you think $150 or even $300 is expensive then that's sad.
If you think saving 200 bucks for this trash is worthwhile and can't afford the 200 extra for the extra content and service foxtel offer that's sad. Pleb. Get a REAL job.

Apart from Kayo not having the Eurosport channel, my biggest criticism is the implementation of the Key Moments function in soccer.

In cricket it’s fine, select a Key Moment and 15 seconds later, it happens. But in soccer, select a Key Moment and that moment has already happened, you then see a replay of it.

They need to move the timing of the Key Moments in soccer back 15 seconds.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except 2 screens only and double the price of Netflix and none of the content. Apart from that, yeah. Exactly like Netflix lol /s.

It’s sport, you know, something that attracts a premium price. Anyone comparing the price of this to Netflix is an idiot.

Last edited:
Aussie Open on or what? wtf happened. We used to get games galore on fox. Could press the old red button and have 8 games to choose from on one channel.

Will be bricking Fox Sports head quarters.

All of the various courts are available via the channel 9 app/site. I was watching multiple courts on Day 1 in multiple browser windows.

Their motto is “Every Match, Every Point”: https://www.9now.com.au/australian-open-tennis

Last edited:
Nice. Just make sure you or them don't have it on a 3rd device lol.. And hope they don't lock it to ip addresses which they will.

Because that’s what Netflix and Stan do, oh that’s right, they don’t. No streaming service will do this, it’s about concurrency not specificity.

Last edited:
I'll stick with my free to air crap, it's crap, I know that, I can barely get thru watching 30 minutes of television anyway, it's mind rotting garbage, that's a given.

But paying anything more than the price of a T.V and the electrical bill that comes with it to watch grown men play with balls is kinda ghey.

I like AFL and NBA but refuse to pay monthly/yearly to watch it, that's what advertising was meant to pay for! Meh, if only other people had refused this American style cable T.V phuckfest ripoff shyt we'd all be watching it on free to air paying for its pleasure through advertisement viewing, but people are morons.

No it doesn't. Sports plus pop all in HD is $44 a month with no discounts. Cancel at any time. That's $528 a year. For all the sports and pop package. Or pay 300 bucks to this mob and only stream on 2 devices or pay $420 for the orivilidge of 3 devices for a bunch of FTA sports. Trash.

You can get foxtel with sports and hd for free with telstra as well if you use them for internet. $99 a month unlimited internet 100mb a sec sport and hd.

Or use fubo TV, yttv, watch afl. This service is no better than any other.
So not quite half, apologies mate...

So you get Foxtel for free with telstra?

I just left Telstra and Foxtel, it was costing me 90 odd bucks for Internet and then 40 odd bucks for Foxtel. I was never offered free Foxtel with them, even after asking for a better deal and eventually leaving them for Optus and going with Kayo. All up I think I'm saving close to 50 bucks a month now and I have no issues with Kayo.

Best thing I did.

Then get rid of foxtel and subscribe to watch afl and pay 75% of the price for about 1% of the content on foxtel. Or just watch ads and half as many games on FTA .
I got rid of Foxtel. Unfortunately the AFL app doesn't give you all the AFL shows and last time I checked, it doesn't play cricket and any other sport?

I don't want half as many games, I want to be able to watch every game?

So you get Foxtel for free with telstra?
Yeah, I do. The plan I signed up to offered it. Free foxtel and sports hd with the iQ3 which I upgraded to iQ4.

18 months into the 24 month contract they started charging an extra $44 or so and after waiting 3 months of being told "Yep it will be fixed and show on your next bill" I took them to the TIO as there only solution was to sign a new 24 month contract and I got a credit for $1, 030. Telstra aren't great for customer service, they are downright awful to deal with, but it's still a good deal.

Since I get it for free, I also mainly use YouTube TV which has a fair few games on it, and Philo TV which has better shows and channels than any other service I have seen for $23 aud a month or $16US. Check them out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back