Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

I've sent them some feedback. They only offer payment via credit card. At a minimum they should offer direct debit, or even better, payment via PayPal.

One option that might interest some people is the $99 Foxtel Now box. You need a Foxtel Now login but you DO NOT need to subscribe to Foxtel or Foxtel Now (ever). The device has Chromecast built in and comes with a HDMI cable, Ethernet cable and remote control. You can download apps from the Google Play store.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/box.html
What do you think a better option is, this or a chrome cast ultra which is about the same price?
I was just going to plug a laptop in with hdmi cable but then I can’t rage on BigFooty during games.

Has anyone tried the split view feature? Would it be good for the man cave having a few different things going on the one big screen?

What do you think a better option is, this or a chrome cast ultra which is about the same price?
Depends what you want. How important to you is 4K? A remote control? Ease of use?

Chromecast (Video, 3rd Gen, released Oct-2018) - $49* - 1080p @ 60fps
Chromecast (Ultra, released Nov-2016) - $95* - 4K Ultra HD, High dynamic range video
* prices from OfficeWorks

A mate just bought a Vodafone Media Player for $72, normally $144. That might be the best deal. https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/415277

Anybody else worried about this all going **** up? Let's assume over the summer everyone switches to Kayo from Foxtel and the first non free to air blockbuster comes on in April. Bang, the system is overloaded with triple the volume for the first time ever and their servers all go down quicker than Optus at a World Cup.

I'm with Telstra. I can cast the live app but the quality is crap. Better on fox go which I currently subscribe. I'm going to look into this in detail. I use the phone hotspot a smart TV so expect no problems.

Anybody else worried about this all going **** up? Let's assume over the summer everyone switches to Kayo from Foxtel and the first non free to air blockbuster comes on in April. Bang, the system is overloaded with triple the volume for the first time ever and their servers all go down quicker than Optus at a World Cup.
No

This cannot happen in Australia

Extracted the $80 p/m out of optus for everything bar foxtel. Swap one of my optus sports account logins for use of my mates fox account. Just stream it ivia my surface go to my TV.
If you run a set of jumper leads to your neighboors power box you could be getting free electricity too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quality is trash for me which is unfortunate as the Cricket.com.au stream worked in HD on Saturday night, now its forcing the Kayo trial and its struggling to stay at 360p, flashing in choppy streams and fuzzy footage.

The quality is trash for me which is unfortunate as the Cricket.com.au stream worked in HD on Saturday night, now its forcing the Kayo trial and its struggling to stay at 360p, flashing in choppy streams and fuzzy footage.

You can watch it through the CA app still, just you have to sign into your Kayo account. The CA stream working much better than the one on the Kayo app.

Signed up, for now. Works ok for me, sort of. When it buffers (yes even at midnight on a work night) it just keeps buffering and I need to refresh the page and select what I was watching again, but if I'm watching a replay it starts again from the beginning. I'm expecting some bugs so we'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

Anyone who has it, how many NBA games do they show?
I don't watch NBA so can't help. sorry.

You can watch it through the CA app still, just you have to sign into your Kayo account. The CA stream working much better than the one on the Kayo app.
I did that on computer, it just streams the Kayo stream through the CA website.

Guess I will try the CA app next time though, still won't be a solution come AFL season

Has anyone tried the split view feature? Would it be good for the man cave having a few different things going on the one big screen?

Especially good for Formula 1, can have the race going and then a small split screen of the track overview so I can follow everyone at once.

Especially good for Formula 1, can have the race going and then a small split screen of the track overview so I can follow everyone at once.
That sounds very cool! I think it’s time to upgrade the tv for next season

Quality through the Chromecast (over 2 years old) has been fantastic for me - wouldn't know it was streaming, just like through a foxtel box.

Only issue is that it took a couple tries to get the Chromecast connected last night, had to exit and try about 3 times.

Quality through the Chromecast (over 2 years old) has been fantastic for me - wouldn't know it was streaming, just like through a foxtel box.

Only issue is that it took a couple tries to get the Chromecast connected last night, had to exit and try about 3 times.
That's the issue I have which is frustrating.

Once I want to change what I am watching I have close the browser and reconnect the chrome cast to get it to work again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back