Remove this Banner Ad

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers.
Awesome, heard there were issues earlier this year but the dev is still actively updating the add-on. Good times.
yeah the kodi update second to last for xbox basically broke the kayo app for live streaming but it's been fine since the latest update came through a while back.

JohnZ

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
so during live feeds on kayo from ch7, kayo doesnt switch to fox footy at half time?
nope it sucks. They have to take the Ch7 feed from first bounce to final siren.

edit: it's objectively the worst streaming option of any league, where the free feed isn't available for free on Ch7, and the paid feed isn't available to paying customers, but instead the free feed is only available online to paying customers. Joke.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
nope it sucks. They have to take the Ch7 feed from first bounce to final siren.

edit: it's objectively the worst streaming option of any league, where the free feed isn't available for free on Ch7, and the paid feed isn't available to paying customers, but instead the free feed is only available online to paying customers. Joke.
Confused what you mean by the bolded. How is the Ch7 feed not available for free on Ch7?

The Made Guy

Club Legend
May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
so during live feeds on kayo from ch7, kayo doesnt switch to fox footy at half time?
I watch Kayo through the Kodi app, and they go back to the Fox Footy studios at half time. It is a pure Fox Footy feed from start to end.

If you're watching through the native Kayo app, you might get the full Ch.7 feed (including commercials after a goal is scored) depending on your location.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
I watch Kayo through the Kodi app, and they go back to the Fox Footy studios at half time. It is a pure Fox Footy feed from start to end.

If you're watching through the native Kayo app, you might get the full Ch.7 feed (including commercials after a goal is scored) depending on your location.
Thanks mate

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have been finding lately unless the internet connection is working 100%, and others in the house aren't streaming it should be fine. Otherwise it buffers almost once or twice a game.

Borough Blood

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Watching on Android TV Kayo app which gives me the Channel 7 feed as usual. Decided to scroll back on my phone and it had the Fox Footy logo in the top right corner. Casting to TV is now giving Fox feed with no ads. Anyone else get this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one eyedtiger

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
I recently got rid of foxtel and have jumped on Kayo, so correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be a way to stream a specific channel? I have to select the program and once that ends I have to select the following show that's on rather than just watching Fox Footy. Is that right or am I missing an obvious way to stream channels?

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
I recently got rid of foxtel and have jumped on Kayo, so correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be a way to stream a specific channel? I have to select the program and once that ends I have to select the following show that's on rather than just watching Fox Footy. Is that right or am I missing an obvious way to stream channels?
If you keep scrolling there is live channel view as well

Lindsay_Gilbee

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m sure this has been addressed before, but does anyone stream kayo on ps4? Wanna give Foxtel the flick but they don’t have a kayo ps4 app.

underthestars

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2009
Under a Big Sky
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’m sure this has been addressed before, but does anyone stream kayo on ps4? Wanna give Foxtel the flick but they don’t have a kayo ps4 app.
yep. supposedly been working on it for two years now. don't hold your breath. recently moved interstate and bought a furnished apartment. useless large screen samsung smart tv included - doesnt have android os, so was hoping for a ps4 app. nope. either need a chromecast or a new tv. would rather a ps5 but again - no app. pretty poor by kayo. and i'm in bloody southern qld. much more fta footy back in alice than here.

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
yep. supposedly been working on it for two years now. don't hold your breath. recently moved interstate and bought a furnished apartment. useless large screen samsung smart tv included - doesnt have android os, so was hoping for a ps4 app. nope. either need a chromecast or a new tv. would rather a ps5 but again - no app. pretty poor by kayo. and i'm in bloody southern qld. much more fta footy back in alice than here.
Is it poor by Kayo or a business decision?

Remove this Banner Ad