Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hope I've created this thread in the right spot.

I'm sure most people have heard of Kayo Sports by now. For those that haven't it is basically a streaming service for sports. It is owned by the same people that own Foxtel and covers all the same sports at a much more reasonable price.

I'm just after a bit of feedback from anyone that has signed up. I've just signed up in the last hour and am already having issues as I haven't been able to cast to my Chromecast.

If I can get that working it looks like it will be really good, but just wondering what everyone else thinks?

Admin Edit:
Free 14 day trial now. - Use this link and support BigFooty. DO IT! Please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently you need a Chromecast Ultra for Kayo Sports or it doesn't work very well.

I signed up for the free trial too, been watching for a week or so. Some buffering issues but I don't have very good internet so if you have the NBN it'll probably be better. I'm going to cancel though because without the EPL and with the NFL in an inconvenient timezone I just won't watch much until AFL season. All the cricket I want will be on FTA apart from a few BBL games.

Apparently you need a Chromecast Ultra for Kayo Sports or it doesn't work very well.

I signed up for the free trial too, been watching for a week or so. Some buffering issues but I don't have very good internet so if you have the NBN it'll probably be better. I'm going to cancel though because without the EPL and with the NFL in an inconvenient timezone I just won't watch much until AFL season. All the cricket I want will be on FTA apart from a few BBL games.
Thanks mate. I've only got an old school Chromecast by the sounds of it.

I've got Foxtel at the moment but I'm always frustrated that I have to pay for so much s**t that I will never watch.

First I've heard of it but looks awesome. I was always happy to pay 20-25 for sports, it was more the principle of having it gated behind other rubbish content (i.e. the 'basic' foxtel package) that made me cancel my Foxtel.

It's not limited to small screens right? It can be used in a regular browser and streamed to a TV?

Will it have literally every AFL game as per Foxtel?

First I've heard of it but looks awesome. I was always happy to pay 20-25 for sports, it was more the principle of having it gated behind other rubbish content (i.e. the 'basic' foxtel package) that made me cancel my Foxtel.

It's not limited to small screens right? It can be used in a regular browser and streamed to a TV?

Will it have literally every AFL game as per Foxtel?
Not limited to small screens, it works just like Netflix would.

Hopeful that they develop an app in the near future for most of the new smart TV's.
If they do this then i will finally lose foxtel and go with this. Im not fluffing around with chrome casts and apple tv etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just after a bit of feedback from anyone that has signed up. I've just signed up in the last hour and am already having issues as I haven't been able to cast to my Chromecast.
Im also having Chromecast issues, in that I can't do it more than twice without logging in again. I contacted support, and an Essendon supporter named Gray told me that they are working on it, and that reloading the page should help.

However I know another user that has been casting without incident for almost a week.

Android TV app within a couple weeks.

Nice, I've never actually updated my Sony since I bought it 12 months ago, I imagine it's pretty straight forward to install a new TV app once released?

One option that might interest some people is the $99 Foxtel Now box. You need a Foxtel Now login but you DO NOT need to subscribe to Foxtel or Foxtel Now (ever). The device has Chromecast built in and comes with a HDMI cable, Ethernet cable and remote control. You can download apps from the Google Play store.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/box.html

What's the quality like? Any better than the blurry mess they pump out through Foxtel Go?

Foxtel Go has improved a lot recently, the quality on PC for the cricket was great.

In any case Kayo goes up to 1080p and I believe they are considering 4K streams as well

Get a job. Or get a friend and split it, a mere $150 per year. If you think $150 or even $300 is expensive then that's sad.

You're a horribly judgmental person and should be ashamed of yourself.

I have a very decent corporate job and can comfortably afford it, does not mean I think it represents good value.

In the mean time take a look at yourself in the mirror

Yeah.... It's great value. Organised with my folks to split the bill as well. $12.50 a month is insanely good value for FHD sport.

I already did the 14 day free trial. Will definitely pick it back up come footy season.

It was also hit and miss for me when it came to the chromecast function. Worked fine for the first few days, then just wouldn't cast. They'll have an actual app soon so i imagine it'll all get sorted by then.

You don't think $6.25 a week for all that sport and shows is reasonable?

What would you call reasonable?

It costs me double for foxtel

Right now I pay $80 a month and get unlimited internet, optus fetch including EPL, all fox channels incl sport and netflix.

Pretty happy with my current set up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back