Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanted to go back and compare prices of Foxtel, Foxtel Now and Kayo Sports.

Comparison: All sports, HD, 2 screens

Kayo Sports: $25
$25 - Basic pack

Foxtel Now: $54
$25 - Pop and Lifestyle pack (compulsory)
$29 - Sport pack

Foxtel: $93
$29 - Entertainment pack (compulsory)
$29 - Sport pack
$10 - HD
$25 - Multiroom

Interested to hear anyone suggest that Foxtel is better value.
i have a very decent corporate job and think foxtel is better cos my mate pays for it.
;)

in all seriousness, i might sign up for it when the afl/mlb/nba seasons overlap. i already pay the $6/month on fetch to get the two espn channels (plus all the other garbage i don't watch) to watch the occasional US sport game, but think i might give it a go.

optus have the data free spotify/epl packages for their phone plans, haven't heard if kayo do it but if telstra made kayo data free i'd be tempted to switch over.

Do enjoy seeing poker that not seen for number of years on free to air tv. Catch it by ESPN channels on Kayo.
After footy and cricket, poker and UFC are sports I watch. Other great news I heard this week is UFC is coming to ESPN in the new year so that means even more coverage of UFC on Kayo. I still do not trust the live match will always be hassle free but I will watch a lot more games via replay etc so for $25 a month, not fussed at all.

About to watch World Series of Poker on ESPN2 which started midnight on the tv guide. The good thing I like is these channels watching on pc show 2.5 hours of video showing so if I missed something that started 30 minutes ago, I just click back 30 minutes on it from when I goto channel and can still watch it. Done that a number of times already and about to do it now to catch the show that started over half an hour ago.

Those of you waiting for a Smart TV app for a specific manufacturer will probably be waiting forever. You can’t seriously expect apps to be released for Samsung, Sony, LG, etc etc

Why so slow with the android TV app? thought it would've been on nvidia shield TV by now.

Why so slow with the android TV app? thought it would've been on nvidia shield TV by now.

It is a bit annoying. Between using edge on the xbox one and just streaming from my phone using the app it hasn't been that bad at all.

Considering the only reason I was keeping foxtel was the AFL Kayo is saving me a fair amount per month now.

Quality has been great for me as well.

With Kayo sports dont you need to also buy a ~$100 chromecast?

Nah.

I stream it through my laptop, which is connected to the TV by HDMI cable. Set up the TV as a second monitor, drag the Kayo window across and set it to full screen. Works well enough.

Nah.

I stream it through my laptop, which is connected to the TV by HDMI cable. Set up the TV as a second monitor, drag the Kayo window across and set it to full screen. Works well enough.
That's probably what I'll do for the TV in the front room with the desktop. Still have to run a HDMI cable through the roof... Been meaning to do that for the last few years, but now I've gotta pull my finger out and get it done. Would be great if you could use your phone as a remote for pause, rewind etc rather than getting up to the PC each time.

That's probably what I'll do for the TV in the front room with the desktop. Still have to run a HDMI cable through the roof... Been meaning to do that for the last few years, but now I've gotta pull my finger out and get it done. Would be great if you could use your phone as a remote for pause, rewind etc rather than getting up to the PC each time.

I have a laptop on a little trolley. Just the right height to sit next the the couch or armchair. Much less effort to set up.

Also - I can post here at BigFooty during the game without getting up.

Been well worth the money for Kayo, I like no (or very few) ad breaks during the cricket so far. I signed up for the $25 dollar package for 2 devices. Since then a mate has asked to go halves with me. Works perfectly well if we both agree to only use 1 device each at a time. Which is fine for me since I live alone. Works out to less than $3 per week. Beautiful value for money I reckon.

Can anyone tell me how the '2 screen' subscription works? For instance, can you have two screens with different IP addresses? How does the login work? Thank you.

Can anyone tell me how the '2 screen' subscription works? For instance, can you have two screens with different IP addresses? How does the login work? Thank you.

As I understand you can use on two devices at once. Yes, they could have different IP addresses - you could for eg use one at home on your wifi and another out and about with 4G data.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got myself a Chromecast Ultra the other day. Geez, Kayo is absolutely awesome. Everything I have always wanted. At the moment I'm just streaming from my HTC, have had no issues at all. The image is so crystal clear, identical to proper Foxtel HD. On a couple of occasions tonight it switched to 720p for 5 seconds during the Big Bash, but I've had no buffering. I'm on 50/20 FTTN NBN.

The layout is definitely confusing so far, hopefully it won't take too long to get the hang of it.

Very happy to pay 25 a month for this. Just hopefully my brother wants to go halves with me though and fronts up some cash so I can get another Chromecast for the other TV. Was originally going to to do run a HDMI cable for it, but the functionality of the CC is awesome. Definitely need another one.

With Kayo sports dont you need to also buy a ~$100 chromecast?
I'm using the older version of chromecast and it works fine. Caps at 720p but that's good enough for me at the time being.

Rowmote

This thread is convincing me to get Kayo sports and ditch fox for good.

will look at getting stan & netflix for the tv shows etc...etc... and still will saving $50 a month. :D

This thread is convincing me to get Kayo sports and ditch fox for good.

will look at getting stan & netflix for the tv shows etc...etc... and still will saving $50 a month. :D
For years thats all i wanted - happy to pay $30 a month as all i want is footy.

Finally fox - i reckon they could have got $30 a month out of me for the last 15 years....

Very happy after my Kayo trial.

Watched via Apple TV 4k and it hasn't missed a beat.

So happy with the performance I'll be ditching Foxtel and taking out the basic foxtel now.

Have Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, and Optus Sport running through the ATV as well as the FTA catch up apps.

Will run foxtel now through PS4.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Very happy after my Kayo trial.

Watched via Apple TV 4k and it hasn't missed a beat.

So happy with the performance I'll be ditching Foxtel and taking out the basic foxtel now.

Have Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, and Optus Sport running through the ATV as well as the FTA catch up apps.

Will run foxtel now through PS4.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Netflix is still a street ahead of Stan and Amazon Prime for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back