Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
So I go to watch the Kayo mini of Storm v Roosters and it's almost 22 ******* minutes :mad::rolleyes: !!!

What kind of idiot thinks that 22 minutes is a "mini-replay"? **** that.
22 mins is pretty good for the Mini match I reckon. Hated it when it first started and they were like 7-8 mins long.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
It's not Kayo 'not showing Warriors/Rockets', it's ESPN who I assume don't have the rights to that game. Foxtel takes the ESPN International feed, Kayo shows the Foxtel feed.

If you want every game you have to sub to NBA League Pass.

I'm aware. Kayo owned by Foxtel so by association really. And I daresay ESPN Australia had a say in what was being streamed through to Australia as in USA all play off games are shown on cable.
And I would think Foxtel had deep conversations with ESPN Australia about what content to show on the two ESPN channels we get here.

Just consistency would be nice. GS best team in the league, they show the first 3 games but then don't show game 4. Bit weird.

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
Had it almost since it started and love it. Never would pay $100+ for Foxtel to watch a few hours of sport a week, but happy to pay $25. Streaming can sometimes be a bit flaky, but 95% of the time all good.
This. Had it pretty much since it started as well and its been close to perfect. Has all the sports I want available when I want to watch them at a great picture quality, only had the screen buffer once since the AFL season started so cant complain at all.

I find I watch a lot more NRL for example now because I can watch the AFL friday night game and then flick over and easily watch the relays of the 2 NRL games after as well.

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I haven't paid close attention but it seems like sometimes the later of the 2 NBA games is not being shown.

I have had it confirmed though that every single game of both Conference finals will be televised live, and then as they advertise, every game of the Finals will be shown live (ie. the playoff between the Conference winners).

Spursfan

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
I haven't paid close attention but it seems like sometimes the later of the 2 NBA games is not being shown.

I have had it confirmed though that every single game of both Conference finals will be televised live, and then as they advertise, every game of the Finals will be shown live (ie. the playoff between the Conference winners).

This on ESPN ? I was so pissed off the conference semi finals weren't on today I went and spent $40 on league pass for a month.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
This on ESPN ? I was so pissed off the conference semi finals weren't on today I went and spent $40 on league pass for a month.

yeah espn

kayo emailed me today as part of a reply saying its UP to 7 of regular season and rounds 1 and 2. but ALL conference finals and nba finals live and on demand.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's not Kayo 'not showing Warriors/Rockets', it's ESPN who I assume don't have the rights to that game. Foxtel takes the ESPN International feed, Kayo shows the Foxtel feed.

If you want every game you have to sub to NBA League Pass.
No he doesn't I don't think. I'm pretty sure YouTube TV has every game live. If it gets moved from espn it goes to tnt from memory. Which YouTube have, plus the nba channel. See if YouTube has what you want if you truly aren't happy and want every game and see if it meets your needs. It is more, $40 usd a month.
boolsheet.
Nah it's true.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
No he doesn't I don't think. I'm pretty sure YouTube TV has every game live. If it gets moved from espn it goes to tnt from memory. Which YouTube have, plus the nba channel. See if YouTube has what you want if you truly aren't happy and want every game and see if it meets your needs. It is more, $40 usd a month.

$50 per month, yeah that would make sense to watch a couple basketball games...

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
$50 per month, yeah that would make sense to watch a couple basketball games...
I was saying for the month or 2 needed for those with an issue with kayo not showing all play off games. As opposed to signing up to nba league pass which is $40 a month for a couple of basketball games. So not much difference for a lot more.

https://watch.nba.com/packages?ls=leaguepass:nbacom:3pp:generic:main

Plus you can use a free trial for YouTube TV for 7 days so you can use that to watch some of the matches for free if you wanted . Just saying. And unlike kayo, YouTube TV doesn't charge your account after you cancel the trial as many have reported.

Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
I didnt use Kayo for NBA games pre playoffs (Clippers hardly get coverage) but it seems the 76ers get a lot of coverage is that because they are a "decent" team or the Ben Simmons is Australian aspect?

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I didnt use Kayo for NBA games pre playoffs (Clippers hardly get coverage) but it seems the 76ers get a lot of coverage is that because they are a "decent" team or the Ben Simmons is Australian aspect?
Relying on espn and foxtel has never been a good nba viewing experience for me. Which kayo basically is, just playing the foxtel sport channels. Which is why I offered a solution (free for 7 days) for those who are missing games as I was prepared last year and did some research into it as I wanted to make live bets on it, and was watching through YouTube TV and don't recall missing a match while foxtel couldn't keep up. Another option would be something like sportsbet, often betting websites show matches foxtel don't. Sportsbet might even be a chance. 1x bet use to show everything live and in full screen but is white listed now. I'm assuming for that reason. To any one thinking im trolling on this issue I don't know, just imagine I loved kayo and was it's biggest advocate, this is still the information I would suggest those who aren't happy with missing a few games through kayo. It's the best solution I could come up with when I was unhappy with the coverage of the nba I was receiving from foxtel last year.

Last edited:

ttomred17

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Lakers
Never read this thread before now. Baffled at the negative opinions. Have had it for 3 months along with a heap of mates and have not had a single issue. The UI could be easier to navigate but whatever.

For anyone sooking about NBA coverage, SunGirl is right. Educate yourself on how to watch NBA in Aus.

My tip - get a group of mates, purchase a cheaper league pass via VPN and then use Apple TV Gen 3 to watch it, ya don't get logged out its beaut.

morsie

All Australian
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Kayo is great.I varied my package with the Oz newspaper so it costs me $3 per month.Only issues I have had arise from my wifi being a bit dodgy in back of the house.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I wish there were more historical AFL games available and I wish they were easier to access.

Other than that and the ads on channel 7 AFL games, I'm loving it.

Back