Moved Thread Kayo Sports

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I have the latest Apple TV and from memory I think I have had reason twice to delete the Kayo app and re-install it.

Like anything, two things you should always try is switching off and on, and deleting and reinstalling.

Using Kayo with an older generation "incompatible" chromecast for the first time. The quality is much poorer (worse than FTA), but at least it works.
I'm glad I forked out for my Ultra though (which works smoothly).

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don't forget to use SplitView to easily watch multiple games or at least to easily switch between games.

Don't forget to use SplitView to easily watch multiple games or at least to easily switch between games.
This feature isn’t chromecast compatible , but I really wish it was. I use the dual mode all the time from my tablet /laptop for the footy though :)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
They've completely ****ed the iphone app's ability to cast with the most recent update a week or two ago. Constant drop outs, if you move the app to the background to do something else on your phone it doesn't work. It's inconceivable to me that they made it worse.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
They've completely ****** the iphone app's ability to cast with the most recent update a week or two ago. Constant drop outs, if you move the app to the background to do something else on your phone it doesn't work. It's inconceivable to me that they made it worse.

Mine was dropping out a bit on my s9 but there was an update and it seems to have fixed it.

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I get constant drop outs if any of my housemates are also using the internet. Besides bribing them with a few beers to all watch together i have noticed casting it off my mac via google chrome has helped.

As others have said i dont have the buffering issues with netflix, stan, youtube etc

had a spare raspberry pi 3 lying around. loaded librelec onto it for Kodi, loaded Kayo Sports plugin into Kodi, and works flawlessly. bedroom tv now sorted for the world cup!

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I switched on the TV last night and opened up Kayo to watch the NRL State of Origin. Couldn't find it then realised it was probably on ch9.

Which was annoying because I was hoping to use Splitview to also have the cricket and tennis on.

Which then got me thinking it would be convenient to access free-to-air channels via Kayo, similar to what happens with Foxtel.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
OK. I have been watching split view on the computer and casting from my phone so have had the two French Open channels on the computer and the cricket on the tv that way. It is annoying you can't cast from the computer. HDMI cable would be a bit of a pain but maybe split screen would work on the tv that way.

Using Kayo with an older generation "incompatible" chromecast for the first time. The quality is much poorer (worse than FTA), but at least it works.
I'm glad I forked out for my Ultra though (which works smoothly).
Chromecast ultra is brilliant.
Streamed EPL all season and worked brilliantly.

Any tech wizards know how I'll be able to use Kayo overseas? Obviously it says on the site its only for Aus (and NZ i think) customers and you can't login once overseas, but surely there is a way?
Reports on the whirlpool kayo thread of people accessing successfully overseas with a VPN.

Back