estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
My picture-in-picture button is gone!

Please tell me this is a temporary glitch, it's the best feature of the whole service!

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Can confirm that picture-in-picture is working for me on Apple TV and iPhone.

I'm going to email them then.

Splitscreen is still working but PiP where the minimised window sits in the corner while I browse the net has disappeared.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Only works on Chrome in my experience so if you've changed browsers that could be it

Yeah I use Chrome. Tech guys gave me some things to try this morning, they didn't work straight away but it seems to be back working this arvo.

Cattas_21

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles, Arsenal
Only got Kayo last night and using a CC ultra to cast on my TV. While the quality is great when watching Kayo on my phone or laptop, as soon as I cast to my TV the picture keeps jumping between HD and blurry every 10 seconds. Why would this happen? Is it a CC/Internet or Kayo issue?

Anyone else had this problem and able to resolve it?

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do you have the CC connected by wifi or ethernet? I had the same problem when I was connected to wifi, the signal was very weak behind the TV. Ended up running an ethernet cable to it which sorted it out.

You can get a wifi analyser app for your phone to detect the signal behind the TV to see how strong it is.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Cattas_21

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Do you have the CC connected by wifi or ethernet? I had the same problem when I was connected to wifi, the signal was very weak behind the TV. Ended up running an ethernet cable to it which sorted it out.

You can get a wifi analyser app for your phone to detect the signal behind the TV to see how strong it is.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I have it connected by wifi. Can I just simply plug in an ethernet cable and its good to go, or do I need to do some sort of setup after I connect it?

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have it connected by wifi. Can I just simply plug in an ethernet cable and its good to go, or do I need to do some sort of setup after I connect it?
This was a while ago when I done it, but I think initially when I first plugged it in it was still slow, but that's because it was still running off wifi. Might have had to reset the CC settings so it would connect via ethernet rather than wifi. Can't remember though sorry.

Cattas_21

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
This was a while ago when I done it, but I think initially when I first plugged it in it was still slow, but that's because it was still running off wifi. Might have had to reset the CC settings so it would connect via ethernet rather than wifi. Can't remember though sorry.
No probs, thanks! Will try to have a look tonight

buzzbuzz

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only got Kayo last night and using a CC ultra to cast on my TV. While the quality is great when watching Kayo on my phone or laptop, as soon as I cast to my TV the picture keeps jumping between HD and blurry every 10 seconds. Why would this happen? Is it a CC/Internet or Kayo issue?

Anyone else had this problem and able to resolve it?
Definitely sounds like your internet!

Cattas_21

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Definitely sounds like your internet!
I think it might have been the WiFi. Even though my modem/router sits just underneath my TV and I get up to 108mbps download speed on Telstra cable, when I connected the ethernet cable to the CC like suggested it has been running flawlessly since (touchwood).

Not sure why it doesnt like the WiFi..

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Has anyone with an existing subscription been able to change to being billed by Telstra?

The FAQ above suggests it cannot be done which if true is ridiculous. Has anyone cancelled their subscription then signed up via Telstra?

Surely registering with a different email address would work, although I'd rather not have to.

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I asked them the question above. They said the only way for an existing customer to get billed through Telstra is to cancel your subscription then sign up with a different mobile number and different email address.

Kayo is a good product but their billing is pathetic. Can't direct debit. Can't use Paypal. Their billing practices are amateur.

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
I asked them the question above. They said the only way for an existing customer to get billed through Telstra is to cancel your subscription then sign up with a different mobile number and different email address.

Kayo is a good product but their billing is pathetic. Can't direct debit. Can't use Paypal. Their billing practices are amateur.
I direct debit with my credit card. Set it up by signing in on a PC.

Nov 28, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
The Kodi add-on used to work flawlessly for me now I can't even stream anything with it due to the constant buffering. I have no issues with buffering when streaming through the website. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
The Kodi add-on used to work flawlessly for me now I can't even stream anything with it due to the constant buffering. I have no issues with buffering when streaming through the website. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Had a couple of instances of buffering over the weekend but cleared up quickly. You sure there wasn't something else using bandwidth?

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Hey anybody who might be here. Was thinking of getting Vodafone TV for my dad so he can more easily watch Kayo. I believe Kayo were working to be properly compatible with Android TV, but as of a few months back, there was noise that it would not work with Voda TV even though its a standard Android TV device. I can't seem to get any recent info on whether that has been sorted.

So, short version, does Kayo currently work with Vodafone TV?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Is that a kodi box you are using?
Been a few of these boxes that are sold that are bandwidth hogs - i suspect
they are just bots for bitcoin or suchlike

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
FB_IMG_1574399382564.jpg

Back