Kayo stream quality

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't had any trouble with crashes, just permanently in 720p now. Whatever it is, I'm sure they can fix it. If they care.

It’s bloody crap and annoying a lot of the time
Mine just went completely AWOL again tonight had to watch the game on Tele 🙄

if you have an IQ4 or IQ5 you can run it in internet mode but disconnecting the satellite cables from the box and re-running the setup process. Obviously it has to be connected to the internet...

Or you get access to Foxtel Now as part of your plan.

Foxtel Now doesn't stream in 4k. The app is about as shithouse as Kayo by the sounds of it. Also takes them forever to upload match replays and when they do I don't think it's in particularly high definition.

Foxtel Now doesn't stream in 4k. The app is about as shithouse as Kayo by the sounds of it. Also takes them forever to upload match replays and when they do I don't think it's in particularly high definition.

how is any of that relevant to what I was responding to - how to stream when your satellite connection has been disrupted by rain?

So I tried a Kayo trial and the problem looks like a frame rate problem.
Ugly.

Somewhere frames are being lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would they think that?

On Kayo's website they state "All content streamed in Kayo is available in a HD stream, provided you have the bandwidth."

Many customers have the bandwidth but Kayo aren't delivering their end of the bargain.
could it be your reception .....

I reckon Murdoch deliberately makes Binge and Kayo crap so you pay more and use Foxtel.
The poor bloke is short of a quid you know.

I’ve renewed my subscription after some time overseas and the quality now seems atrocious. I never used to have so many issues across multiple devices.

Jumpy as s**t again tonight.

Yep. I got I contact (again) with Kayohelp yesterday. They (again) suggested it was my internet connection causing the buffering and jumping (not experienced on any other streaming app on my TV); and to reset my internet, choose ‘live game’, etc - all of which I had already done with no improvement.

Rock and a hard place. I’m not prepared to fork out triple figures a month for Foxtel again, for just footy and racing. It’s almost like they’re pushing us back that way.

No problems with Kayo here, plays HD very reliably. I've got about 4 chromecasts, including an old one, all seem fine. Kayo could be failing for you for a number of reasons:
1. the chromecast or whatever technology you're using just may not be powerful enough.
2. Poor wifi in your house, which could include contention, could be bottlenecking your Internet connection.
3. You may have an internet connection that is poor in quality - for example you may have a cheap provider who rams as many customers as they can into their pipe
4. Your Internet provider maybe using dodgy routing, for example you connection to the kayo endpoints may be getting routed via NZ
5. You may be using a vpn, pushing your traffic to be routed via the US or elsewhere, which will introduce huge latency issues.

Go to Speed Test - Telstra and do a speed test. For Full HD Kayo say you need a download speed of at least 7.5Mbps, I'd say 20Mbps is more realistic for various reasons - you may also be fighting for bandwidth at the times you are watching Kayo.

You can either try and troubleshoot, or you can just ignore it and get a full foxtel subscription
Surely given the sheer amount of people that are reporting constant problems now after it being fine last year there's no way the problem isn't for the most part something on their end.

Yep. I got I contact (again) with Kayohelp yesterday. They (again) suggested it was my internet connection causing the buffering and jumping (not experienced on any other streaming app on my TV); and to reset my internet, choose ‘live game’, etc - all of which I had already done with no improvement.

Rock and a hard place. I’m not prepared to fork out triple figures a month for Foxtel again, for just footy and racing. It’s almost like they’re pushing us back that way.

Kayo support are clowns. Basic first level tech support is all they can do (turn it off and on again). They DGAF.

The ps4 app now displays all games in the wrong aspect ratio. There are black bars at the top and bottom which distorts the picture making it wider. It only seems to happen if you choose the game and instantly go to "live". So the way around it is to choose the game, choose "from start" and then fast forward until you are up to the live part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back