Kayo stream quality

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming live sport is the worst idea ever. Every customer has to watch it at same time and companies are tight asses. Works fine for tv shows and movies because everyone on their on schedule. But live sport is live*

*20-45 second delay via streaming.

The quicker people realise this the better.

All hail the satellite 🛰

Streaming live sport is the worst idea ever. Every customer has to watch it at same time and companies are tight asses. Works fine for tv shows and movies because everyone on their on schedule. But live sport is live*

*20-45 second delay via streaming.

The quicker people realise this the better.

All hail the satellite 🛰

Cant watch in traditionally ways when you are trying to watch your team play while at work.

The ps4 app now displays all games in the wrong aspect ratio. There are black bars at the top and bottom which distorts the picture making it wider. It only seems to happen if you choose the game and instantly go to "live". So the way around it is to choose the game, choose "from start" and then fast forward until you are up to the live part.
All you need to do is toggle up or down a couple times with the left stick and it stretches it back to normal. But yeah annoying

So, you wanna have your cake and eat it too?

I don't care for Foxtel. It's 99.9999% BS second rate crap.
A lot is but also has had great stuff.
Anyway thats all the cream on top(when its good). For live sport, satelite is best delivery IMHO.
Streaming is a good backup.
But is flawed by demand/supply issues that cost money and companies are always going to be tight. That was my point

Watched some motogp last night, was absolutely fine, except for being in 720p. I don't experience any of the dropouts or crashes or other weird issues others are reporting, but maybe it's because I don't really watch much prime time sport when everyone else does, my stuff is often on at 1am etc.

Makes me wonder if the people with the issues all have something in common, like a smart TV app or something? I use laptop and steam it to TV using chromecast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes me wonder if the people with the issues all have something in common, like a smart TV app or something? I use laptop and steam it to TV using chromecast.

I find desktop browser preforms way better than the times i’m lazy in bed with a ipad. But I feel it shouldn’t be that hard to develop by now.

They've obviously cut funding somewhere. Quality way down from last year.
Shame.
Yeah I've noticed a bit of drop compared to last year too, seems to SD/buffer more.

The app was always complete s**t though. God forbid it remembers what you were watching and where you were up to like ummm every other streaming app ever :drunk:

I reckon it must be android app or something crashing it, still haven't had a single crash chromecasting it off a PC 😂

If you're getting the whole pause/skip crap don't watch the games through their individual match specific option, go all the way down the main page to the Live Channels section and watch FoxFooty through that. Works a lot better for me that way.
Didn't even know this was an option...

The ps4 app now displays all games in the wrong aspect ratio. There are black bars at the top and bottom which distorts the picture making it wider. It only seems to happen if you choose the game and instantly go to "live". So the way around it is to choose the game, choose "from start" and then fast forward until you are up to the live part.

There’s an easier way to fix it - just pause then unpause and it snaps to the correct aspect ratio.

Didn't even know this was an option...
They hide it right at the bottom but it's better than waiting for a specific match to open up ie you couldn't jump into the Geelong v WCE game until 1pm so you're stuck sitting at the menu, but if you just go down and jump into it that you can at least watch whatever's on the footy channel before the game starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back