Kayo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
You would think foxtel could stream their own feed.
Why would they.

The premium product is the cable/satellite service.
Streaming the secondary product.

Priced accordingly.

Looks like they know what they are doing.

Kayo is for people not used to the Foxtel feed and happy to have access to all games (plus other sports) for a decent price. Basically a step up from FTA.

If you want true HD with no ads or risk of buffering you pay for the premium service in Foxtel cable/satellite.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FR0GGY

Press the button
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Why would they.

The premium product is the cable/satellite service.
Streaming the secondary product.

Priced accordingly.

Looks like they know what they are doing.

Kayo is for people not used to the Foxtel feed and happy to have access to all games (plus other sports) for a decent price. Basically a step up from FTA.

If you want true HD with no ads or risk of buffering you pay for the premium service in Foxtel cable/satellite.

Im talking about foxtel go not kayo, this comes with the cable/satelite service.

Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Im talking about foxtel go not kayo, this comes with the cable/satelite service.
Yeah that has always had the ads and 7 feed.

Stops people sharing it

Probably an issue with rights as well. Streaming vs Cable/Satellite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smoooothy

TAKE THAT BACK!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide; ConeyIslandWarriors
so with the channel 7 feed, that's part of the licensing agreement with the AFL, channel 7 games that are being streamed (regardless of service) must show the channel 7 Melbourne feed for the game. You guys in other states would have noticed all the commercials were for ch7 Melbourne too

it'll be like this for the next few years until the rights are up for renewal

IMO, its 3 games a week. I can live with it. it streams at a better quality than I can pick up with an antenna for me anyway - damn black spots

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
while it is a shame it was 7 coverage, the quality for me was mostly very good. The only issue was the left hand side of the screen had a line from top to bottom a couple of cm in that was kind of blurred (only about a cm wide). Enough to notice and be annoying when looking at players in the left of screen but not enough to be a real deterrent. The rest of the picture was surprisingly sharp, smooth and without any issues

tiggsy

Senior List
AFL Club
Adelaide
I read that you can tell which feeds will be Fox and which will be 7 by looking at the AFL website broadcast guide and selecting Melbourne as your location. Anything broadcast by 7 will then be streamed by Kayo with the ads from channel 7. Only the first 10 rounds are up so far and we have 4 games that will be rebroadcasts of channel 7 on Kayo. Those are the round 2 against Sydney, round 3 against Geelong, round 4 against North Melbourne and round 10 against the Eagles.

mistylake

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
So have we got C7 footage with Fox commentary. They occasionally talk about stats on the screen but there are non. That’s a bit amateur.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lake Macquarie Dockers
I joined up yesterday and had some issues. Firstly didn’t know there were adds. That alone has put me off.
I could watch adds on free to air without having to pay!
The goal highlights line at the bottom the screen didn’t match up with the intended goals.
I have the good nbn but the stream was a bit iffy at times.
Overall not impressed with the service. Ditch the adds and I might reconsider.

Dc9798

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
I joined up yesterday and had some issues. Firstly didn’t know there were adds. That alone has put me off.
I could watch adds on free to air without having to pay!
The goal highlights line at the bottom the screen didn’t match up with the intended goals.
I have the good nbn but the stream was a bit iffy at times.
Overall not impressed with the service. Ditch the adds and I might reconsider.
You’re going to get the ads for the Channel 7 broadcast games, same as Foxtel Now. No ads for the Foxtel broadcast games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AFL Club
Adelaide
I just joined today to watch the crows v hawks, port and demons are on now and so far it’s been good. If your a Telstra customer, u get 2 months for only $5

Cancel that, Kayo is awful and now thinking of getting Foxtel back
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom