Kayo

Smoooothy

TAKE THAT BACK!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide; ConeyIslandWarriors
Does it let you live pause, rewind, etc?

Does it let you start watching from the start of a match which kicked off 30 minutes earlier, or do you have to wait for the game to finish to start watching a replay?
yes, has all of those features

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James_37

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GCFC/Sturt/MLDFC
That is true.

For me the only real deal breakers will be ads within quarters and any buffering issues in peak demand.

Optus doing the WC.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah that’s it, I’m reasonably confident it’ll be the true Fox Footy feed, but then I wouldn’t trust Foxtel one iota so who knows.

The feeds been pretty good for cricket, but obviously the big kicker.

WaynesWorld19

Formerly 'Wayne's-World'
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I had to download it, don’t think it works for some of the older models, ie >5 years.
I have the Minix U1 ......it downloaded the AFL Live app .....but so far, for Kayo, is saying device is incompatible

So given the Apple TV downloaded the App .....I'm assume it's just a matter of time for the Android app

WaynesWorld19

Formerly 'Wayne's-World'
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
That is true.

For me the only real deal breakers will be ads within quarters and any buffering issues in peak demand.

Optus doing the WC.......

This was an issue this year with the AFL live app on low res :think:

19thDan

Debutant
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve been using Kayo heavily for the past few months and it’s very impressive. Watched a little of the Crows’ R1 1994 game this morning through Kayo when it was being shown on Fox Footy.

In response to some of the points in posts above about getting the video on to your TV:

- The Apple TV app is very good, but is only available on Apple TVs that have an App Store (the “4th Gen” and “4K” models). You can still use older Apple TVs to watch Kayo by sending the video via “AirPlay” from an iPhone, iPad or Mac.

- Other ways I’ve successfully watched Kayo content include HDMI cable from a laptop, and Lightning to HDMI adapter on an iPhone/iPad

AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone using this service?
Any good?

I’ve got an apple phone so haven’t been able to stream shows to my tv before without Apple TV. Is there a solution?

Anyone know if smart tv apps are coming?
Get yourself an Apple lightning to hdmi adaptor for $70. It works for me for Stan and Netflix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pjcrows

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
If you're not a stickler for minuscule differences in picture quality then it's excellent. I can't tell the difference between HD on Kayo and HD on Foxtel. It's 30 seconds behind but meh.

Makes Foxtel totally obsolete if all you use it for is sport.

WaynesWorld19

Formerly 'Wayne's-World'
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
It’s a simple as it sounds, plugs into the lighting connector at the bottom of iPhone or iPad and had a female hdmi port.
View attachment 602847
Great, thanks for that .....assume the cable is flexible, but how long is it ? ........my Sony has the HDMI slots at the rear, so it needs probably a meter cable ? ....extension available?

97-98

Team Captain
AFL Club
Adelaide
Silly question

The day I cancel Foxtel Set Top I can then ask them for Kayo?
Need to sign up online.
Give the 14 day free trial a go. See how you like it.
Can cancel straight after you sign up in case you forget to cancel after the trial period; still get your 14 days free.

ChilliP

Senior List
AFL Club
Adelaide
Get yourself an Apple lightning to hdmi adaptor for $70. It works for me for Stan and Netflix.
If you have a WIFI network you can get a Chromecast for about $50 and then you don't need to have your laptop or phone connected to the TV, you just open kayo in chrome browser or on the phone app and press the chrome cast icon.

1547015571234.png

FR0GGY

Press the button
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Great, thanks for that .....assume the cable is flexible, but how long is it ? ........my Sony has the HDMI slots at the rear, so it needs probably a meter cable ? ....extension available?
It’s really short 100mm or so

AFL Club
Adelaide
Sounds like a brilliant app and I am prepared to get it straight away versus having AFL live pass, you know just incase or if the game isn't live.
I have just been on play store and read the reviews, it sounds a bit glitchy at the moment so hopefully by time footy season kicks off all is streaming smoothly.
Sounds like they need a planner or decent guide, as with apps they are continually improving through feedback so I'm sure it will improve fairly quickly.
AFL live is a joke, first you pay then you cant cast to your tv. I'm continually finding back doors to cast, not good.

arrowman

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Let me see... I have a data limit on my phone, but plenty of data on the home NBN. So i could connect the phone to the NBN as wi-fi (which it is right now) and the run Kayo on the phone, streaming from the phone to the tv using a chromecast, thus using NBN data.

Am I doing it right?

Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
With a Chromecast can you use the phone while streaming/casting.

WaynesWorld19

Formerly 'Wayne's-World'
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
If you have a WIFI network you can get a Chromecast for about $50 and then you don't need to have your laptop or phone connected to the TV, you just open kayo in chrome browser or on the phone app and press the chrome cast icon.

View attachment 602852
Quick question .....if you have a weak Wi-Fi signal, does getting the Kayo broadcast & then casting to a television OK ....or in that situation, is it better to simply link via HDMI the IPhone / IPad direct to the TV ?

Top Bottom