Kayo

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it let you live pause, rewind, etc?

Does it let you start watching from the start of a match which kicked off 30 minutes earlier, or do you have to wait for the game to finish to start watching a replay?
yes, has all of those features

That is true.

For me the only real deal breakers will be ads within quarters and any buffering issues in peak demand.

Optus doing the WC.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s it, I’m reasonably confident it’ll be the true Fox Footy feed, but then I wouldn’t trust Foxtel one iota so who knows.

The feeds been pretty good for cricket, but obviously the big kicker.

I had to download it, don’t think it works for some of the older models, ie >5 years.
I have the Minix U1 ......it downloaded the AFL Live app .....but so far, for Kayo, is saying device is incompatible

So given the Apple TV downloaded the App .....I'm assume it's just a matter of time for the Android app

That is true.

For me the only real deal breakers will be ads within quarters and any buffering issues in peak demand.

Optus doing the WC.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This was an issue this year with the AFL live app on low res :think:

I’ve been using Kayo heavily for the past few months and it’s very impressive. Watched a little of the Crows’ R1 1994 game this morning through Kayo when it was being shown on Fox Footy.

In response to some of the points in posts above about getting the video on to your TV:

- The Apple TV app is very good, but is only available on Apple TVs that have an App Store (the “4th Gen” and “4K” models). You can still use older Apple TVs to watch Kayo by sending the video via “AirPlay” from an iPhone, iPad or Mac.

- Other ways I’ve successfully watched Kayo content include HDMI cable from a laptop, and Lightning to HDMI adapter on an iPhone/iPad

Anyone using this service?
Any good?

I’ve got an apple phone so haven’t been able to stream shows to my tv before without Apple TV. Is there a solution?

Anyone know if smart tv apps are coming?
Get yourself an Apple lightning to hdmi adaptor for $70. It works for me for Stan and Netflix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a simple as it sounds, plugs into the lighting connector at the bottom of iPhone or iPad and had a female hdmi port.
View attachment 602847
Great, thanks for that .....assume the cable is flexible, but how long is it ? ........my Sony has the HDMI slots at the rear, so it needs probably a meter cable ? ....extension available?

Get yourself an Apple lightning to hdmi adaptor for $70. It works for me for Stan and Netflix.

If you have a WIFI network you can get a Chromecast for about $50 and then you don't need to have your laptop or phone connected to the TV, you just open kayo in chrome browser or on the phone app and press the chrome cast icon.

1547015571234.png

Sounds like a brilliant app and I am prepared to get it straight away versus having AFL live pass, you know just incase or if the game isn't live.
I have just been on play store and read the reviews, it sounds a bit glitchy at the moment so hopefully by time footy season kicks off all is streaming smoothly.
Sounds like they need a planner or decent guide, as with apps they are continually improving through feedback so I'm sure it will improve fairly quickly.
AFL live is a joke, first you pay then you cant cast to your tv. I'm continually finding back doors to cast, not good.

If you have a WIFI network you can get a Chromecast for about $50 and then you don't need to have your laptop or phone connected to the TV, you just open kayo in chrome browser or on the phone app and press the chrome cast icon.

View attachment 602852
Quick question .....if you have a weak Wi-Fi signal, does getting the Kayo broadcast & then casting to a television OK ....or in that situation, is it better to simply link via HDMI the IPhone / IPad direct to the TV ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back