Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone using this service?
Any good?

I’ve got an apple phone so haven’t been able to stream shows to my tv before without Apple TV. Is there a solution?

Anyone know if smart tv apps are coming?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Haven't heard a bad review from anyone .....you can cast your IPhone to Chromecast

1546900601637.png

Doubt Smart TV Apps will come .....why then will there be a need for Foxtel ?

Should be able to download onto Apple TV ......I'm waiting (hopefully) for the Android App to be downloadable to my Android Media Player, otherwise I'll be casting too

I used AFL Live last year, via my Android Player .....but the resolution "live" was poor .....for an extra $9 per month, I'll get high resolution plus split screen for multiple game options

So it's a must have !

Brown_DOG68

All Australian
Jun 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cincinnati Reds
I've been using Kayo for a couple of months, but only on my phone/tablet/workpc and am pretty happy with it. I haven't tried casting it yet -if I get some time tonight I'll give it a try with chromecast.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
The app has popped up on my Telstra TV.

I plan on starting the 14 day trial once the Footy season starts. If there is any risk of buffering/crashes it will be round one.

Also a deal breaker of there are ads between goals. GF day is always a reminder of why I love FoxFooty as they dont broadcast the GF the ads annoy me.

Hopefully no ads and it runs smoothly in HD. Can then ditch the Foxtel Box. Get Kayo and Foxtel Now running through my Telstra TV.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The app has popped up on my Telstra TV.

I plan on starting the 14 day trial once the Footy season starts. If there is any risk of buffering/crashes it will be round one.

Also a deal breaker of there are ads between goals. GF day is always a reminder of why I love FoxFooty as they dont broadcast the GF the ads annoy me.

Hopefully no ads and it runs smoothly in HD. Can then ditch the Foxtel Box. Get Kayo and Foxtel Now running through my Telstra TV.

i've had Foxtel now for a few years, any channel 7 game featured the channel 7 ads. going to be interested to see if kayo does the same thing

have looked at the trial too, works fantastically from a tablet

if you have a couple of friends, does it work like netflix where multiple people can be logged in at the same time?
2 active steams concurrently for the $25 package, 3 for the $35 one

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
i've had Foxtel now for a few years, any channel 7 game featured the channel 7 ads. going to be interested to see if kayo does the same thing

have looked at the trial too, works fantastically from a tablet
I have never had an ad in a game (siren to siren) on channel 504 (Foxfooty) whether 7 are the original broadcaster or not.

I have had Galaxy then Foxtel since the mid 90s. Will be a bit of a change for me to ditch the set top box

I have never had an ad in a game (siren to siren) on channel 504 (Foxfooty) whether 7 are the original broadcaster or not.
Foxtel Now were slightly different, they have a weird version of fox footy which used channel 7 melbournes feed for any channel 7 game, commercials and all

hopefully kayo doesn't use that

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Foxtel Now were slightly different, they have a weird version of fox footy which used channel 7 melbournes feed for any channel 7 game, commercials and all

Yeah that is what I am waiting on when game are live.

Sorry I misread your post. Read it as Foxtel. Not the FoxtelNow streaming service.

We trialed FoxtelNow and yes there were ads for C7 games. Plus it was never HD.

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
I've been running with it for about 2 - 3 months. Use it with chromecast at home mostly. One of the better features it has is it will highlight in the elapsed time specific events- for example I mainly watch cricket on there and it will have a W or 6 and if you click it takes you back to that moment for you to watch then you push the live button to go back live. So much better than Foxtel Now. And for the people that don't want foxtel and just want sport its perfect as it will only cost you $25 p/m.

I have had some small issues with casting due to having older chromecasts but nothing major.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Does it let you live pause, rewind, etc?

Does it let you start watching from the start of a match which kicked off 30 minutes earlier, or do you have to wait for the game to finish to start watching a replay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide

I don’t think it will as hooks you into 504 directly, not Fox Footy Play channel or whatever it was.

Have Kayo shared with parents, very happy. Clearly trying to be Netflix for sports.

My only criticism is they’ve hidden the direct channels a little, they want you to simply click on “Australia vs India - 3rd test day 4...” which I’ve found occasionally a bit glitchy. But had no issues if I just go to Fox Sports 1.

No major issues with the quality of coverage as yet, been pretty good.

I use Apple TV and is much better than using the Telstra TV I had to buy for HD AFL through FoxtelNow.

Overall as someone who has little to no interest in other foxtel channels it’s been a god send. $25 a month for 2 feeds is justifiable for something ill actually use and are using. As opposed to minimum ~$50 for a lot of crap I don’t want. Also can cancel at anytime.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It was HD if you had a Telstra TV, for whatever reason.
Really?
Didnt look great. I wouldn't say bad. But not as good as HD on Foxtel.

I guess C7 HD never looks as good as ESPN. Even though both technically HD

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I don’t think it will as hooks you into 504 directly, not Fox Footy Play channel or whatever it was.

Have Kayo shared with parents, very happy. Clearly trying to be Netflix for sports.

My only criticism is they’ve hidden the direct channels a little, they want you to simply click on “Australia vs India - 3rd test day 4...” which I’ve found occasionally a bit glitchy. But had no issues if I just go to Fox Sports 1.

No major issues with the quality of coverage as yet, been pretty good.

I use Apple TV and is much better than using the Telstra TV I had to buy for HD AFL through FoxtelNow.

Overall as someone who has little to no interest in other foxtel channels it’s been a god send. $25 a month for 2 feeds is justifiable for something ill actually use and are using. As opposed to minimum ~$50 for a lot of crap I don’t want. Also can cancel at anytime.
James, did the Kayo App download to your Apple TV ? .....I'm waiting for the app to download to my Android Player, so far the computer says NO

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Really?
Didnt look great. I wouldn't say bad. But not as good as HD on Foxtel.

I guess C7 HD never looks as good as ESPN. Even though both technically HD

While C7 HD is 1080i, the bitrate is pretty mediocre which causes the ghosting and artifacts. I believe Fox is 1080p too which helps.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's about 30 seconds to a minute behind live in my experience, they have said there will be apps for ps4 and XBone earlier this year with apps for LG and Samsung TVs in the works too.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I don’t think it was Full HD, but better than SD and Channel 7.
That is true.

For me the only real deal breakers will be ads within quarters and any buffering issues in peak demand.

Optus doing the WC.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back