Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Like Kayo but don’t like the app

Takes so many clicks to get to content I want to watch. And the other stuff I have to click past isn’t laid out in a way to get me to watch.

Might be a positive. Avoids the risk I get drawn into watch things I’m not really that worried about.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
OK .....I know I can only have two continuous streams of Kayo at the same time

Question 1
But how many devices can i have the app downloaded to .....TV, Laptop, Phone ?

Question 2
Can I have apps on an Apple Phone as well as an Android TV on the same single package ......reason I ask was I couldn't with AFL Live

tiggsy

Senior List
Nov 24, 2007
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Question 1
But how many devices can i have the app downloaded to .....TV, Laptop, Phone ?

According to Kayo support, as many as you like. I have it on a phone, a tablet, a laptop, a PC and a Nvidia Shield.

Question 2
Can I have apps on an Apple Phone as well as an Android TV on the same single package ......reason I ask was I couldn't with AFL Live

As above, yes. The limitation is on simultaneous streams, not number of devices with the App.

I'd suggest you grab a 2 week free subscription to test out whether it does what you want. I've just been playing with the Android TV app on a Nvidia Shield and think the action seemed smoother on chromecast from an android tablet. So I reckon it's worth testing to see if it meets your needs. I'd also suggest that as soon as you sign up, go into your account and cancel the subscription. That way it won't automatically roll over and start charging your credit card after 2 weeks but you can reactivate the subscription if you like what it offers. You'll still get the free 2 weeks, even if you cancel the subscription straight away.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Anyone looking at Kayo should look at the tiser subscription deal,
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...n/news-story/2bbc85a37639b60e6eeafabd7ff1141a

Kayo and a full digital tiser deal for $30.
$5 a month for the 'Tiser? yeah nah

From being an avid everyday must read reader to picking it up in the pub or library reader. It offers me nothing I cant now get elsewhere. Plus there is too much MAFS and MKR clickbait rubbish promoted as news , too much advertorials , too many placed stories that the news isnt news its regurgitated press releases

The art of journalism is dead

It offers me nothing I cant now get elsewhere. Plus there is too much MAFS and MKR clickbait rubbish promoted as news ,
lol.png

I have been told that one of the advantages with the 'Tiser subs is that some footy articles you cannot read even with outline. Also you get a lot of Victorian content which means your view of the AFL world is not limited to Rucci's ravings of a mad man.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
According to Kayo support, as many as you like. I have it on a phone, a tablet, a laptop, a PC and a Nvidia Shield.

As above, yes. The limitation is on simultaneous streams, not number of devices with the App.

I'd suggest you grab a 2 week free subscription to test out whether it does what you want. I've just been playing with the Android TV app on a Nvidia Shield and think the action seemed smoother on chromecast from an android tablet. So I reckon it's worth testing to see if it meets your needs. I'd also suggest that as soon as you sign up, go into your account and cancel the subscription. That way it won't automatically roll over and start charging your credit card after 2 weeks but you can reactivate the subscription if you like what it offers. You'll still get the free 2 weeks, even if you cancel the subscription straight away.
Ok I got the app on my Iphone, also on my 4K Smart TV & working ......but how do you get the thing working on a non-apple PC ??

Google store .....nope doesn't recognise the compatibility
Apps Store .....can't even find Kayo ?

Where do I go to get it ? ......the instructions to operate on the Smart TV are s**t too ......if it's not buffering properly it reverts to 480

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Ok I got the app on my Iphone, also on my 4K Smart TV & working ......but how do you get the thing working on a non-apple PC ??

Google store .....nope doesn't recognise the compatibility
Apps Store .....can't even find Kayo ?

Where do I go to get it ? ......the instructions to operate on the Smart TV are s**t too ......if it's not buffering properly it reverts to 480
Forget it ....I'm an idiot with a mental block, all worked out :moustache:

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I have no idea how to get the app on the tv, if I use the tv to download the app it puts it on my phone not on the tv
Go to Google Play on your Smart TV .......it downloads the app , but you have to have registered for Kayo on another device, so you have the password already setup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Buying online or at a store ?.....store should be able to advise, or at least do the leg work for you & find out
Online, I've bought a few things from Kogan and been satisfied with the quality and service and I've seen a Kogan Telly at one of the local clubs and the picture quality was ace.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Online, I've bought a few things from Kogan and been satisfied with the quality and service and I've seen a Kogan Telly at one of the local clubs and the picture quality was ace.
I suppose you can email them & tell them the sale is conditional on Kayo compatibility ??

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
I suppose you can email them & tell them the sale is conditional on Kayo compatibility ??
Just looked at the link to the TV we're looking at and it certainly does...

Built-in Chromecast

The Kogan SmarterTV™ is made for streaming. It comes with Google Chromecast built-in, which makes casting your favourite streaming services, like YouTube, Stan, Spotify and Google Play, easier and faster than ever before.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Just looked at the link to the TV we're looking at and it certainly does...

Built-in Chromecast

The Kogan SmarterTV™ is made for streaming. It comes with Google Chromecast built-in, which makes casting your favourite streaming services, like YouTube, Stan, Spotify and Google Play, easier and faster than ever before.
Looks like you can get Kayo on the Kogan then :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back