Kayo

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought all smart TV's would ? .....isn't Kayo only available on the Smart TV's ?
Don’t get a Panasonic if you want to watch Kayo. I’ve discovered my smart tv is actually a dunce.
I’ll need to now get an Apple TV box or somesting like that.
I couldn’t get Kayo in the very limited apps section and although I can search it on the browser I couldn’t log in.

Just get a Chromecast

Don’t get a Panasonic if you want to watch Kayo. I’ve discovered my smart tv is actually a dunce.
I couldn’t get Kayo in the very limited apps section and although I can search it on the browser I couldn’t log in.

Online, I've bought a few things from Kogan and been satisfied with the quality and service and I've seen a Kogan Telly at one of the local clubs and the picture quality was ace.
Maybe email them and ask.

We have an older Kogan TV and very happy with its quality.

Not "smart" enough by modern standards. But it is not our primary screen.

Will most.likely update our main TV, a Samsung circa 2015, with a Kogan when we seduced by 4k.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Sony 65 was fine

Only thing is the quality reverts back to 480 if the wi-fi is weak .....my wi-fi is not good at best, but i may have to investigate dual Wi-fi stream modem/router as i have a lot of devices feeding off it

When wi-fi is optimal, quality is superb on the 65"

What I find is the level of information on how to operate modern devices to the fullest is getting worse

The Smart TV has a lot of features, I have no idea how to use ?
1. Voice operation
2. How to operate from my phone .....the supplied remote is adequate at best, and bloody aweful trying to operate Kayo

The Sony 65 was fine

Only thing is the quality reverts back to 480 if the wi-fi is weak .....my wi-fi is not good at best, but i may have to investigate dual Wi-fi stream modem/router as i have a lot of devices feeding off it

What I find is the level of information on how to operate modern devices to the fullest is getting worse

1. Voice operation
2. How to operate from my phone .....the supplied remote is adequate at best, and bloody aweful trying to operate Kayo
Usually if you google the model plus instructions you can find online instructions you can read, otherwise I think the instructions are electronic on the tv itself.

Usually if you google the model plus instructions you can find online instructions you can read, otherwise I think the instructions are electronic on the tv itself.
I've googled a lot and nothing at all on voice control, which is clearly labelled on the remote control ....discussed in a few online forums

Isnt voice activation a bit of a gimmick.

I find it annoying with Google Home.

After i've researched, yes it's a gimmick ....bit like 3D

Has limited phrase command options ....but still no idea how to activate voice control, but have zero interest as well

Prefer to operate from my phone .....which I'll workout this weekend

After i've researched, yes it's a gimmick ....bit like 3D

Has limited phrase command options ....but still no idea how to activate voice control, but have zero interest as well

Prefer to operate from my phone .....which I'll workout this weekend
Yeah I was thinking it was much like 3D.

I do like the Google Home mini though. We have two, kitchen and bedroom. The sound quality is pretty good for a Bluetooth speaker under $100. Plus the added benefits

But it is a bit naff speaking to it lol.

I do like the Google Home mini though. We have two, kitchen and bedroom. The sound quality is pretty good for a Bluetooth speaker under $100. Plus the added benefits

I can't get into Google Home at all .....a lot of gimmicky products on the market, but is it a real need ?

What do you use the mini’s for mainly?

What do you use the mini’s for mainly?
More as bluetooth speaker to stream Spotify. If I want something specific I will manually use my phone. If just random music or a genre just ask it to play something.

I listen to a lot of news radio as well so.just ask it to play a station.

My wife will often ask it to play kids music for my son by asking.

Also good if want to know something. Tend to ask it stuff for short facts.

We probably dont use it's full potential. But it is a decent product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I grabbed a couple of minis when they were the 2 for super cheap deal, and sold one on.
The kids love it. They can fire up their fave Netflix or Stan show without have to bug me.

If you buy a Kogan TV make sure you spend some time in the picture settings. The default picture settings are completely horrendous and make the image quality look s**t. Generally they have the contracts and LED backlight up way too high which blows out all the whites to try and hide the poorer quality of the blacks. You should be able to find a happy medium though :)

In the bedroom?? What has it got to say during special cuddles?

Isn’t it always listening?

In the bedroom?? What has it got to say during special cuddles?

Isn’t it always listening?
Ok Google......

03993b5cc54df48add98a7e729100ec3.jpg

The Sony 65 was fine

1. Voice operation
I use network over power, instead of Wi-Fi, find it more reliable, never drops out and is a constant speed, this is what I use, been using it for years

https://www.tp-link.com/au/products/details/cat-18_TL-WPA4220KIT.html

Also has a Wi-Fi adaptor to increase Wi-Fi strength for devices than run off Wi-Fi

I use network over power, instead of Wi-Fi, find it more reliable, never drops out and is a constant speed, this is what I use, been using it for years

https://www.tp-link.com/au/products/details/cat-18_TL-WPA4220KIT.html

Also has a Wi-Fi adaptor to increase Wi-Fi strength for devices than run off Wi-Fi
I've done the same, with Wi-Fi as backup ......but can't tell which one of the two the television is using ???

The power network has two power connections that appear to be paired, and the Television downloads apps, but sometimes it asks me if I want to connect to the internet ? ....WTF !

Sounds like I've got a bit of work to sort it all out in the next 2 weeks

Ok, I tried watching the cricket last night on Foxtel Now on my dumb Sony TV via my laptop with a HDMI cable.

The viewing part worked just fine. I was able to get a good quality HD stream to my TV. However, my next problem was that everything seemed almost sped up watching it. I’ve watched the cricket on Channel 70 (which is HD) without this issue, so I’m not sure what is different when streaming it.

Googling seemed to indicate it was a setting on the TV that did this to smooth the picture. I tried turning off MotionFlow on my Sony TV and, alternatively setting MotionFlow to high. However, neither change seemed to have much impact.

Any idea how to deal with the issue, or is it just because my TV is 9 years old and can’t deal with the higher definition stream?

Ok, I tried watching the cricket last night on Foxtel Now on my dumb Sony TV via my laptop with a HDMI cable.

The viewing part worked just fine. I was able to get a good quality HD stream to my TV. However, my next problem was that everything seemed almost sped up watching it. I’ve watched the cricket on Channel 70 (which is HD) without this issue, so I’m not sure what is different when streaming it.

Googling seemed to indicate it was a setting on the TV that did this to smooth the picture. I tried turning off MotionFlow on my Sony TV and, alternatively setting MotionFlow to high. However, neither change seemed to have much impact.

Any idea how to deal with the issue, or is it just because my TV is 9 years old and can’t deal with the higher definition stream?
Have you got another tv to test it on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back