Kayo

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kayo has been working really well for me the last few days, Android Tv with the app installed.

Fairly solid 50/20 NBN connection which probably wasn't doing much else at the time.

The only issue I've had was sometimes you jump in "live" and it goes to the start or something but nothing I'd complain about.

Don't have Foxtel so can't compare, but also 7 Adelaide is in HD? don't have that either, so highly recommended if you are stuck with 7 in SD or the AFL app.

Don't have Foxtel so can't compare, but also 7 Adelaide is in HD? don't have that either, so highly recommended if you are stuck with 7 in SD or the AFL app.
channel 73 in all states is 7HD

Glenny83

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
I switched to Kayo from Foxtel this footy season and have no raggrets. Foxtel guy gave me some grief and had to tell him I don’t have to justify my spending to him, now I’m saving $30 p/m. Have used two 14 day trials aswell, so squeezes a month free service in. Quality is fine.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
The Kayo is almost unwatchable tonight
Stopping, jumping backwards, losing audio.
Only does it on AFL games which is ****ed because that’s all I got it for.
Completely lost sound now for 2 mins.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
The Kayo is almost unwatchable tonight
Stopping, jumping backwards, losing audio.
Only does it on AFL games which is ****** because that’s all I got it for.
Completely lost sound now for 2 mins.

Seems to be struggling with a Ch 7 game, rather than Fox.

Oct 12, 2006
Far West SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Panthers, Double Blues
If you have a WIFI network you can get a Chromecast for about $50 and then you don't need to have your laptop or phone connected to the TV, you just open kayo in chrome browser or on the phone app and press the chrome cast icon.

View attachment 602852
Please explain for an old bloke - so if I have WIFI in the house can I plug the chrome cast into the TV in the shed and access Kayo? Should I purchase any particular TV Android/Smart Etc?

Do I need a phone or laptop controlling it, and can I change channels etc from the app on the TV?

Also does Kayo have the racing channels?
thanks

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Please explain for an old bloke - so if I have WIFI in the house can I plug the chrome cast into the TV in the shed and access Kayo? Should I purchase any particular TV Android/Smart Etc?

Do I need a phone or laptop controlling it, and can I change channels etc from the app on the TV?

Also does Kayo have the racing channels?
thanks

If your wifi signal reaches the tv then the chromecast will work, you need a phone or a laptop with chrome to control it, it works best with an android phone. I don't think it has the racing channels.

If you got an android TV (sony has a few) you wouldn't need a chromecast and can watch kayo with the TV remote.

tiggsy

Senior List
Nov 24, 2007
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will say though that Kayo on the Sony using the in TV App doesn't look as good in my opinion as it is stuck at 60hz. I think the Apple TV will run it at 50Hz and I have my Shield TV running it at 50Hz and it seems smoother to me.

DynaBass

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2009
Northcote
AFL Club
Adelaide
I usually can't watch games live if they're afternoon or twilight so I watch replays via AFL / Telstra site but they don't become available till 24hrs after the game, so I have to avoid news and BF for the next day. Are the replays on Kayo available sooner than that?

Also, if I miss the start of the game say by an hour for example would I be able to start watching from the beginning as if it was a delayed telecast?

Chrisa93

Rookie
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I usually can't watch games live if they're afternoon or twilight so I watch replays via AFL / Telstra site but they don't become available till 24hrs after the game, so I have to avoid news and BF for the next day. Are the replays on Kayo available sooner than that?

Also, if I miss the start of the game say by an hour for example would I be able to start watching from the beginning as if it was a delayed telecast?

yeah the replays are available straight away and if you select an event that's live it gives you the option of starting from the beginning.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I got it for the first time on the weekend for the Dockers game as none of the free streams I usually go to were working and I realised I could probably afford to not be a tightarse these days

Was bloody terrible, I mean, what kinda of game was that??

Stream was perfect, though

Would only use it for Crows games though, don't really watch much else sport - still cheaper than a pub, I guess

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
have been really impressed with Kayo so far
Still freezes and loses picture or sound quite a lot. Normal tv is superior but they don’t show AFC games on FTA in Qld so it’s acceptable but it really should work better.

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kayo cut out last night for a couple minutes and I had to switch to 7HD. God the quality is a massive step down. The grass looked almost grey. So desaturated. Glad Kayo came good again!

turbo182

All Australian
Sep 25, 2005
Richmond, Vic.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SMOSH/Celtics
Foxtel now (same network as KAYo) was awful last night. Cut out for first half of the last quarter an had to watch on my phone (jsut as we were starting to fold up). Was beyond ropable

Crowhorse

Team Captain
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mine was ok for showdown. They don’t have it perfect and their tech is light years behind Netflix and Stan. Worth putting up with instead of paying through the nose for Foxtel.

Interestingly I have casted to a Telstra broadband setup before and it worked perfectly, possibly a more direct link to their severs helped compared to using other broadband providers.

Back