Kayo

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to sort out the bugs, get the Netflix tech guys to improve Kayos technology.

For $25 a month you want a seamless service (like Netflix), these days I use Kodi for most of my movies/series and you put up with the clunkiness cos its free.

A bloke at work was having trouble and Kayo tech support told him not to use the Kayo app, view it on his PC.

They need to sort out the bugs, get the Netflix tech guys to improve Kayos technology.

For $25 a month you want a seamless service (like Netflix), these days I use Kodi for most of my movies/series and you put up with the clunkiness cos its free.

A bloke at work was having trouble and Kayo tech support told him not to use the Kayo app, view it on his PC.

Why would netflix send their tech guys to help out a rival product? Netflix wasn't as good as it is today when it first started, they have invested hundreds of millions of dollars on improving their product and have created a lot of IP. As kayo makes more money they will improve and spend more on improving the product, but it is a long way back when compared to Netflix.

Have you tried Plex over Kodi?

Even with the new Telstra plus?
i'm assuming so, most of the larger Telstra contracts now have unlimited data anyway (or a certain amount of 4G data, capped at say 30Gb, then throttled speed at 1.5Mb - which is still fine to watch kayo on anyway)

This has been going for over a year now, anyone on here still subscribers? Worth ditching Foxtel over? Have they resolved issues?

This has been going for over a year now, anyone on here still subscribers? Worth ditching Foxtel over? Have they resolved issues?
I didn’t continue after the trial period, was a data pig which is fine at home, but I use streaming away from home predominantly.
Foxtel is still far easier to use and record plus you get 5 logins for mobile devices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it and have absolutely no dramas with it. You get 3 log ins with Kayo I think it is? So split it with 2 other mates and it costs me like $12/month. If data isnt an issue for you then it's awesome with very little technical/streaming issues anymore. The app is starting to roll out to a lot more devices/smart TV OS systems etc too.

only just realised recently that Kayo is owned by Fox

if you only have Foxtel for sport then it probably makes sense to switch to kayo instead

I've had no issues with streams - Watched AFL, A-League and Cricket on there

I didn’t continue after the trial period, was a data pig which is fine at home, but I use streaming away from home predominantly.
Foxtel is still far easier to use and record plus you get 5 logins for mobile devices.
Got a spare log in by any chance? :)

I do love it although tend not to watch things live. I get very mixed quality and sometimes buffering when watching live. On delay or replay its HD and fine.

Maybe one of the tech gurus on here (Scorpus?) has some tips, because I have a gen 3 chromecast and our NBN download is always between 25 and 35 mbps and have no problem streaming anything else.

Personally I have KAYO but not Foxtel I use alternate means to catch up on movies and TV series,
My understanding is If you like to watch more than Football (re Sports)I would swap over, there a large range of sports on the channel, but if you use Foxtel for there Movies and TV Series then stick with Foxtel.

I do love it although tend not to watch things live. I get very mixed quality and sometimes buffering when watching live. On delay or replay its HD and fine.

Maybe one of the tech gurus on here (Scorpus?) has some tips, because I have a gen 3 chromecast and our NBN download is always between 25 and 35 mbps and have no problem streaming anything else.
Probably an issue with your wireless network. Try getting the power cable with the ethernet plug. Also, go into the "home" app on your phone, there's some setting you can tweak.

I have the Ultra, connected via ethernet, no buffering ever, but on a fast connection.

Kayo is bloody awesome and well worth the $25/3 for as much sport as you can handle.

I'm doing the same as NBN finally connected this weekend. Steaming here we come...

I'm doing the same as NBN finally connected this weekend. Steaming here we come...
I’ve signed up on 2 week trial. Seems ok but can’t watch it on my main TV as it’s an LG and no app for it, couldn’t be blowed using laptop downstairs.

I’ve signed up on 2 week trial. Seems ok but can’t watch it on my main TV as it’s an LG and no app for it, couldn’t be blowed using laptop downstairs.

Yeah my main TV is a LG, but can get through the Telstra box.

Upgraded my 2nd TV last weekend with a Samsung which has Kayo, so all sorted.

I have the same setup and discovered I got buffering issues streaming via Chromecast or watching on the laptop when I selected the actual event stream but didn’t have any issues really when I select the live channel stream, who knows why. So I choose live channels and select for example ‘Fox Cricket channel 501’ instead of say going to the India V Australia or any games event hub.

That’s the only minor issue I’ve had with it, finishing up my 3 months free trial soon and will be keeping it instead of going back to Foxtel.

Use a Chromecast. 50 bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back