Kayosports

Bristol

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
How do they get the rights to show the sports? Are they part of Fox?
Yes, created by Foxtel. So everything Foxtel has, Kayo has and vice versa.

Meaning EPL is not on Kayo because that belongs to Optus, but the Spanish, German, Italian and French soccer leagues are there because they're on Foxtel through BeIN Sports, and so on and so forth with all the other sports.

Put simply: it's the Foxtel sports package for people without a Foxtel box.

The main reason i have persisted with Foxtel is that on a Friday and Saturday for example (i have two young kids) i watch game son about a 45-60 minute delay.

With IQ its so easy to do.

Is it going to be possible with Kayo to just start a game from the beginning regardless of how far into the game the actual telecast is?

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
The main reason i have persisted with Foxtel is that on a Friday and Saturday for example (i have two young kids) i watch game son about a 45-60 minute delay.

With IQ its so easy to do.

Is it going to be possible with Kayo to just start a game from the beginning regardless of how far into the game the actual telecast is?

Yeah, when you click on an event you get the chance to watch it from live or from the start. Scrolling a bitch though if you're trying to cut ads and catch up.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I got the trial. It’s ok but an Error message comes up a bit

I find it really hard to watch trying to cast to an Apple TV 3.

If I use the app, the phone goes to sleep and loses the connection, which doesn't happen on NFL Gamepass, iView, Netflix, or 9 or 7's apps.

If you use the Chrome browser, you get frequent error messages.

If you use a laptop and connect by HDMI you get different frequent error messages.

Part of me wants to get an ATV 4 thinking that'd be an easier, more reliable way to use it... but the other methods I've used are so unreliable I fear blowing the $210 on the ATV.

I get that it's still beta (I think) - but I'm beyond the 2 week trial now, so I'm actually paying for this substandard service.

The only difference between this and FlOptus is that, with Optus and the World Cup we were losing something (ie. the whole World Cup for free), whereas with Kayo we're getting for $25 a month what you used to pay $60+ for - I really believe this is the only reason that Kayo isn't getting the s**t-canning that Optus got during the WC

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wanted to go back and compare prices of Foxtel, Foxtel Now and Kayo Sports.

Comparison: All sports, HD, 2 screens

Kayo Sports: $25
$25 - Basic pack

Foxtel Now: $54
$25 - Pop and Lifestyle pack compulsory)
$29 - Sport pack

Foxtel: $93
$29 - Entertainment pack (compulsory)
$29 - Sport pack
$10 - HD
$25 - Multiroom

Interested to hear anyone suggest that Foxtel is better value.

Bristol

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon I'll eventually make a complete move to Kayosports and get rid of Foxtel. Having subcription TV has its benefits (no internet dropouts, always in HD, generally more reliable) but the money side of things makes Kayo pretty desirable. I watch most of my non-sport TV on Netflix or on other dodgy websites you can stream for free.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
doing the trial now, so far so good, getting 1080p for live cricket and soccer without any issues (we’ve got nbn)

was told by the kayo rep that all foxtel afl games will be in full hd 1080p but the 7 games will be in 720p cos 7 dont offer full hd streaming :drunk: but u can watch those on channel 7 in fullhd anyway

much cheaper than fauxtel. this is pretty good

Back