Remove this Banner Ad

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Time to go Kevin.

I used to find your stubborn passion for the purity of Australian Rules Football endearing, a bit like listening to your grandad reflect on the golden days of sport. You're pro-Richmond shtick was heartfelt but also cleverly exagerrated for the theatre of radio and to provoke a response among talk back callers.

Now when I listen to Hungry for Sport all I hear is the same old same old , like listening to the automatic radio DJ on the Simpsons. Every second word is either 'Famous' or 'always' , if he was a drinking game I would have died of alcohol poisoning a long time ago. I swear to god, there's only so many time one can 'always fix your golf swing' and the 1116 talk back number is not 'famous'.

The Richmond bias has moved from a bit of harmless banter designed to provoke; to flat out lunacy. Treloar is going to Collingwood KB, just move on you stubborn old goat. Even David Schwartz is less biased about his allegiance and that's saying something.

So KB , please pack up shop at the end of the season , you have become a joke, and even worse, stale.

Last edited:

I agree.

I've found KB's general sports knowledge a redeeming feature over the years, but this has been overridden by his repetitive commentary and attempts at humour.

His shtick is now stale. Any comment he makes on his Tigers cannot be taken seriously, and in turn, lots of other football opinions he has that somehow relate to Richmond hold the same weight.

The only thing that saves him is the complete and utter drivel that surrounds him at that radio station - it makes him look semi competent.

His opinion that alcohol consumption is punished while drug problems are overlooked is way off the mark. Alcohol use is only punished when it breaks team rules or ends up getting the player into trouble with the police, and that is exactly the same with drug use. Drinking alcohol at home doesn't get a player into worse trouble than rolling up a joint, in fact the reverse is potentially true if a drug test is conducted. KB doesn't know what he's talking about on this issue, or worse he knows and is using it to troll, and it's too important an issue to do that with.

his obsession with the interchange has become ridiculous and when he talks about other sports like american sports it's embarrassing
I think he is the only one that speaks the truth about the interchange. Every other play caller are sheep and are part of the problem that has rewind this once great game. At least he stand up for the fabric of the game

I think he is the only one that speaks the truth about the interchange. Every other play caller are sheep and are part of the problem that has rewind this once great game. At least he stand up for the fabric of the game

So the weekends games weren't good games of footy? Spare me. people live in this fantasy world about the footy of the past. There were good games and a lot of s**t games back then just as there is now. If you didn't enjoy Saturday nights game then I'm not sure what footy you could enjoy?

So the weekends games weren't good games of footy? Spare me. people live in this fantasy world about the footy of the past. There were good games and a lot of s**t games back then just as there is now. If you didn't enjoy Saturday nights game then I'm not sure what footy you could enjoy?
The numbers speak for themselves with smaller crowds, TV ratings going backwards. Not saying the 2 elimination finals weren't good to watch but unfortunately those type of games are rare due this rolling maul

The numbers speak for themselves with smaller crowds, TV ratings going backwards. Not saying the 2 elimination finals weren't good to watch but unfortunately those type of games are rare due this rolling maul
And it's entirely due to the interchange is it?

Thank Christ Richmond lost another elim, if only to shut this geriatric peanut up. What's also noticeable if you listen to his show using headphones, you can pick up the sound of his old man lips through the audio. It's distracting, like a grandpa eating soup .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is time for KB to go. I juat SEN needs to freshen up a bit.
+1 the morning crew is a joke aside from OX and a couple others in the afternoon the whole station is getting pretty stale. Finey jumped the shark awhile a go too.

his obsession with the interchange has become ridiculous and when he talks about other sports like american sports it's embarrassing

Comparisons to the American sports frustrate me a fair bit. There simply arn't enough similarities and I don't want our culture to become any more Americanised than it already has.

I think it is time for KB to go. I just think SEN needs to freshen up a bit.
I love listening to KB. He has tongue in cheek with lots of his comments ...he loves to stir the pot. He gets the best guests on his program & receives total respect from all of them.

Heeeeee'ssss soooooo booooring and repetitious though!

Unfortunately this post could be applicable to the majority of SEN announcers. It truly is now the domain of the white, middle aged male presenter who doesn't have enough of a handle on other sports to be able to carry off a genuine interview or segment with serious guests. Apart from Mark Allen with golf and Andrew Gaze with Basketball there's not much expertise in any field other than football and even that seems to come from the same perspective over and over. Kb is stale and repetitive and box him up with Patrick Smith or any of the other old bloke journo's that he gets on and you've got the same crap every week. Funnily enough the only time he has rubbished the AFL in relation to rules is now that he isn't on the rules committee too.

I don't really care much about other sports but you make a good point. They really need to cut back on Yous Blokes and the footy boyz crew. Keep the top 5 AFL blokes and get another 5 for Friday - Sun etc. Then replace the rest of the s**t with guys who know what they are talking about.

His morning program on SEN is intolerable when he gets Patrick Smith on.

He also seems to really enjoy introducing Greg "Venom" Denham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back