Premiers: Stanhope
Runners up: Nagambie
League Medal: Brett Scarcella/The Skut
Goal kicking: Aaron James/Adrian Meka if either are playing in the KDL
if neither play Bryce Wellington.
Wooden Spoon: Girgarre
Rising star: Alex O'Rielly
Headline we'll see: Ardmona v Murch = Bloodbath
Headline we'd like to see: Pappin tearing comp apart after losing 15kg!!
Same old, same old: Bolter Boyle can't change Ardmona's ways!!
Biggest disappointment: Lancaster, finish top 3 only to not make GF again.

hank whats with the skut as league medal.. anychance of ash comer returning along side him... if not do you know of any good pickups stanhope have made for the coming season, if so do you know anything about them...

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Re: Kyabram District FL -Mark II

hank whats with the skut as league medal.. anychance of ash comer returning along side him... if not do you know of any good pickups stanhope have made for the coming season, if so do you know anything about them...
Yes Skut will be a show for the medal if his body holds up, haven't heard about any recruits for the Lions, at this stage they seem to be going with a nucleus of the dozen or so blokes who have played in the last flag or two and playing some good juniors with a lot of talent and pace that will probably add just as much to the side as most recruits would.
The only blokes I have heard they will add from last years side is the return of Joel and Dave Hansford, both quality, no mention of the bear man though!

corona and lime

Debutant
Sep 30, 2008
on bigfooty

Premiers: Nagambie
Runners up: Murch
League Medal: Godsmark
Goal kicking: Aaron James
Wooden Spoon: Merrigum
Rising star: Ryan Patten
Headline we'll see: Arron James reaches 100 goals in the 10th round
Headline we'd like to see: Perry Meka gets showed up by strauchanie once again
Same old, same old: Merrigum again are wooden spooners
Biggest disappointment: The thirds comp only having 5 teams in it.

deano

Rookie
Nov 30, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Richmond

Is it just me, or does anyone else here find it amusing that so many people here are saying "what about rushy, they've picked up a heap of recruits" but nobody can provide any names? Can somebody please put their money where their mouth is instead of getting on here and posting hearsay?

They got a new Assistant coach in Matt Johnson from Mt Pleasant who will hold up centre half back, also his brought over a on baller and a full back, signed a ruckman from Melbourne (unsure of name), Not to sure about Tavis Perry but his moved to Bendigo so you'd think he'd return to his home club. Also they've been talkin to two other melbourne boys, one a CHF and the other an onballer. So things are headin up on a rise at ironbark stadium, Don't think they have lost anyone so far and have some promising junior footballers coming through.

oneclub

Rookie
May 18, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
Geelong

Premiers: Undera
Runners up: Nagambie
League Medal: Spiro Vourgalis
Wooden Spoon: Violet Town
Rising star: Brenton Campbell
Headline we'll see: Aaron James again struggles to keep hold of his temper
Headline we'd like to see: Aaron James again struggles to keep hold of his temper
Same old, same old: Ardmona struggles with disipline
Biggest disappointment: Grand Final margin over 10 goals 3rd year running

mofo

Draftee
Jan 15, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

Premiers: undera
Runners up: stanhope
League Medal: Shane Whitelaw (the whip)
Wooden Spoon: nagambie
Rising star: tom mccorcle
Headline we'll see: the whip takes out league meddle
Headline we'd like to see: stanhope out in straight sets
Same old, same old: meka slaps another kid.:mad:
Biggest disappointment: stanhope win again! time for someone else

The Crew

Draftee
Nov 7, 2008
HM Port Philip Prison

Premiers: undera
Runners up: stanhope
League Medal: Shane Whitelaw (the whip)
Wooden Spoon: nagambie
Rising star: tom mccorcle
Headline we'll see: the whip takes out league meddle
Headline we'd like to see: stanhope out in straight sets
Same old, same old: meka slaps another kid.:mad:
Biggest disappointment: stanhope win again! time for someone else

Big loss to Girgarre -- Jayden Kickett named in the NTFL side to play in the AFLQueensland comp this season, also Darren Young who played the first half with Girgarre named as well, any of the other boys coming back for 2009 under Hanson ???

white line

Debutant
May 1, 2007
shep
AFL Club
Collingwood

Has anyone tried to get onto the kyabram footy website. I ve been struggling, it has been re-directing me to the vcfl web page. Is there a link to the transfer page??

Swan15

Rookie
Mar 31, 2008
Other Teams
Avenel FC

Has anyone tried to get onto the kyabram footy website. I ve been struggling, it has been re-directing me to the vcfl web page. Is there a link to the transfer page??
I read in the local Seymour Telegraph a few weeks ago now that they were changing it to footynet I think, which seems a bit stupid when there's nothing wrong with the present website...

corona and lime

Debutant
Sep 30, 2008
on bigfooty

Big loss to Girgarre -- Jayden Kickett named in the NTFL side to play in the AFLQueensland comp this season, also Darren Young who played the first half with Girgarre named as well, any of the other boys coming back for 2009 under Hanson ???
i would hope not.. all they do is make trouble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Hank any truth in the rumour of Scott Lambden
heading out to Tonny??

No, if he comes back from QLD maybe, but at this stage he might be staying up there. The story in the Shepp News today was not me, Dyl Cuttriss answered my phone over at Bendigo Country Week and made out he was me.

random

Draftee
Oct 11, 2008
nowhere
AFL Club
Adelaide

hank i hear stanhope have picked up few wa players thanks of dave hansford.... can anyone tell me what comp he was playing in and if the league is strong..

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon

hank i hear stanhope have picked up few wa players thanks of dave hansford.... can anyone tell me what comp he was playing in and if the league is strong..

To my knowledge Brent Ralph from Gigarie has signed up with Stanhope?
Know of a club that was chasing him & his reason for not joining them (straight out of his own mouth) was that he's already signed with Stanhope? Anyone else shed any light on this 1 if correct/incorrect??

corona and lime

Debutant
Sep 30, 2008
on bigfooty

To my knowledge Brent Ralph from Gigarie has signed up with Stanhope?
Know of a club that was chasing him & his reason for not joining them (straight out of his own mouth) was that he's already signed with Stanhope? Anyone else shed any light on this 1 if correct/incorrect??
to my knowledge he hasnt signed, but stanhope has been talking to him.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC

to my knowledge he hasnt signed, but stanhope has been talking to him.

Is recruiting from clubs within the same league fair game? Especially when many KDL clubs are within 10-20km from each other.

I know of leagues that employ a points based salary cap system (not that the system is easy to understand) treat recruiting from clubs within the same league harshly.

cunningham15

Rookie
Mar 18, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle

Is recruiting from clubs within the same league fair game? Especially when many KDL clubs are within 10-20km from each other.

I know of leagues that employ a points based salary cap system (not that the system is easy to understand) treat recruiting from clubs within the same league harshly.

Its been happening since Jesus was playing full back for Jerusalem, and every single club has done it or been done by it, so i think its just part of country footy. If anything it adds a bit of spice to the games where the player plays against his old club.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

www.[URL blocked]

Former Collingwood and Richmond forward Aaron James will remain with Kyabram District League club Stanhope for season 2009. James who has been a key cog in the Lions 2007 and 2008 had become the recruiting target of a number of clubs including Heathcote District club North Bendigo.

Stanhope veteran Coach Mark Patten had confirmed that James had decided to stay a Lion after recently re-considering his options. Retaining the power forward is a major boost for club with as many as 8 Premiership players moving on since the success of last September.

In his 14 matches since he joined the club James has demolished opposition defences kicking 137 goals. Stanhope will meet neighbours Girgarre in their Round 1 match up on April 18th.

boofaaa79

Senior List
Jun 30, 2008
IN THE GETTO
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
STORM,VICTORY,MAN UNITED,

any news on the nexted training at ardy?
and I here that joeys nose is getting BIGGER!!!!!
and Pez is an umpires offical.....

white line

Debutant
May 1, 2007
shep
AFL Club
Collingwood

What have the numbers been like at training this time of year???
Has the hot weather scared off a few faces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back