Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerdoger

All Australian
Feb 21, 2007
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Lancaster, Undera, Tally, Avenal & Nagambie. The vote would have gotten through if Rushworth's votes had been accepted. 7/5ths majority required and fell short. Longwood now have to appeal to the VCFL so in the end it will be a done deal anyway.
Interesting!
Dont think Longwood not being in the KDFL would stop them recruiting local players that would impact on Avenel and Nagambie.
Funny with Nagambie voting against as they were SO concerned about their futue not long ago.

Party Foul

Rookie
Dec 22, 2007
Indoors
AFL Club
Essendon
Girgarre look to be heading in the right direction with the signings of T.Snelson ( Shep Swans/ Nathalia) and A.Brunt ( Tongala ) for next year along with R.Jones ( QLD/Ky ). Also have a big full forward ready to sign in coming weeks hopefully.

firstly. big congrats to Undera for a massive win and in many eyes a big upset. they've worked hard for the last few years to get where thay are now so well down.

secondly.. is this wat is actually happening in Roo land or is it another big childrens story that will bring hope to the gig faithfull and let them down yet again??????? (i.e the Vance era)

hopefully they are heading in the direction.

The Prez

Rookie
May 14, 2008
Goulburn Valley
AFL Club
Carlton
Girgarre look to be heading in the right direction with the signings of T.Snelson ( Shep Swans/ Nathalia) and A.Brunt ( Tongala ) for next year along with R.Jones ( QLD/Ky ). Also have a big full forward ready to sign in coming weeks hopefully.

Snelson ppfffff.... didn't he start with gig a few years ago but left when it got a bit hard.

is hanson still coaching what an inspiring leader he is :thumbsdown:

deano

Rookie
Nov 30, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Richmond
firstly. big congrats to Undera for a massive win and in many eyes a big upset. they've worked hard for the last few years to get where thay are now so well down.

secondly.. is this wat is actually happening in Roo land or is it another big childrens story that will bring hope to the gig faithfull and let them down yet again??????? (i.e the Vance era)

hopefully they are heading in the direction.

Was talking to Snels yesterday and he has signed at Gig, wouldnt be surprised if he ended up at Mooroopna tho!

wmat4

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2007
Around the trap
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Stanhope had the vote count yesterday.

Adrian Pappin stormed away to the Medal Win on 72 votes, while Ryan Patten came runners-up for the seniors.

While in the 2's. Andrew Cooper won with 41, and coach Damian Briese runner up with 27.

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Well done to Undera seniors and Reserves. Funny how the last 3 weeks the sides from the same change rooms have won all the games on the day. Great win for Rushworth 3rds, first time in KDFL and 21 years since last win, which was also coached by Geoff Wall and came from 4th spot on ladder with out defeating the teams above them during the year.

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Rushy had their b & f count with Solomon winning from 1 vote from new coach, Matt Johnson. James 'jungle' Martin came 3rd and Andrew Clarke 4th, so good to see a couple of local boys poll well. Apparently Solomon has committed to Rushy for next year. Long way to go until April '10, but would be surprised, at least, if he played for a different club in the KDL.

Awesome effort by the Rushy 3rds, and hopefully Jeremy Lambden, Matt Thomas, Shaun Damon and Cal Chillingsworth take the next step to the seniors next year..

boofaaa79

Senior List
Jun 30, 2008
IN THE GETTO
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
STORM,VICTORY,MAN UNITED,
Was talking to Snels yesterday and he has signed at Gig, wouldnt be surprised if he ended up at Mooroopna tho!

Mate the guy is a GUN he is way to good for the KDFL one of the hardest players ever in country footy!!!!! Big call but watch him go at it!!
If Gig have signed him they must have a few other big names to come with him..

Mar 31, 2009
Coolim
AFL Club
Adelaide
Snelson ppfffff.... didn't he start with gig a few years ago but left when it got a bit hard.

is hanson still coaching what an inspiring leader he is :thumbsdown:

How many GVL grand finals have you played in and won ??
How many teams have you coached to win the flag ??

I guessing they have played in more than you have had r&*ts , im a fan of Scotty played under him, and played with Snels.
Good luck to them.

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
One of the things that really stood out for me last Saturday was the amount of Nagambie players cramping up during the last 1/2 of the game compared to Undera (I didn't see any one of their players cramp up at all).

Although, the Lakers didn't have much of a bench during the last quarter, one of the big differences between the sides was that Undera rotated their players consistently, even early into the game, whilst Nagambie only really made changes when forced to.

Also, their stars didn't fire (Sheils, Rattray, etc.), whilst Undera's did, but in any case it was a great victory and a well deserved one.

Undera clearly were the better side compared to Tally, and when they had on of their players sent off, and they kicked away, that pretty much did it, plus the fact that their reserves side had a few blokes who were a bit stiff not to be in the senior side, (but, that's the plus side of having some depth).

And the 3rds, Nagambie only has themselves to blame for that loss, because they kicked badly in the last quarter, and bad kicking is bad football (Although considering that the ball was in their forward pocket, when the siren rang, another minute, and I'm sure that they would've stolen that flag), but they didn't and Rushy has finally won one.

What's everyone's opinion on Mooroopna having the Grand Final again ?.

I'm completely opposed to having it there (mainly because of the financial structures in place, where KDFL get no benefit from having it there) and I would like it in KDFL hands again (At Murchison, and having that as a central location for all clubs like Tocumwal in the MFL), but have it in a different way to what we had before.

And having other KDFL clubs those who finished on the bottom of the Senior Ladder and didn't host finals run raffles, BBQ's, etc. in conjunction with Murchison during the day.

And to those who think I'm just proposing this just so we can make money to buy players, and challenge for a flag ourselves (which is what all club's want really), well Epping & Whittlesea in the DVFL host Grand Finals all the time, and neither of those two clubs are powerhouses in the DVFL, I'm doing this because it's not fair to have our money go into a club from another league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BIG SHOW

Senior List
Dec 18, 2008
OUT THE BACK
AFL Club
Essendon
Lancaster, Undera, Tally, Avenal & Nagambie. The vote would have gotten through if Rushworth's votes had been accepted. 7/5ths majority required and fell short. Longwood now have to appeal to the VCFL so in the end it will be a done deal anyway.

If you are going to state facts then at least get them right, Tally has no problem with them joining the league and subsequently voted yes.

rogerdoger

All Australian
Feb 21, 2007
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Why not vote to have Longwood join?
Its out of their hands that the B&D has folded.
They want to be competitive in going into another league.
If they are competive its all good for the KDFL.
If their not You would asume they wont last too long as a club.
Seems to me Longwood have a lot more to lose than any other club in the KDFL.
note - dont crap on about 3rds until all KDFL clubs have them.

getout

Debutant
Mar 1, 2007
Echuca
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's everyone's opinion on Mooroopna having the Grand Final again ?.

I'm completely opposed to having it there (mainly because of the financial structures in place, where KDFL get no benefit from having it there) and I would like it in KDFL hands again (At Murchison, and having that as a central location for all clubs like Tocumwal in the MFL), but have it in a different way to what we had before.

And having other KDFL clubs those who finished on the bottom of the Senior Ladder and didn't host finals run raffles, BBQ's, etc. in conjunction with Murchison during the day.

And to those who think I'm just proposing this just so we can make money to buy players, and challenge for a flag ourselves (which is what all club's want really), well Epping & Whittlesea in the DVFL host Grand Finals all the time, and neither of those two clubs are powerhouses in the DVFL, I'm doing this because it's not fair to have our money go into a club from another league.
Mate, I'm opposed to it being at Mooroopna as well, but Murchison needs a major make over before it gets the rights to hold each years biggest game in my books.

The change rooms are not up to it. Even the home rooms are missing a toilet.
Not to mention the size of the rooms themselves, which really is a pain in the ass when you're crammed into those little dog boxes with no amenities before, during and after the game in the hotter weather of finals football.

getout

Debutant
Mar 1, 2007
Echuca
AFL Club
Adelaide
Didn't see the Grand Final, but thought it sounded like one massive choke by the Lakers.
Perhaps they got a bit ahead of themsleves...training at Mooroopna before they'd even knocked off Lanky to get in the Grand Final.

I think most people saw the team that Lancaster fielded in the prelim, and how Undera struggled to get over them, and thought that Nagambie had it in the bag. Maybe the Nagambie players did as well.

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Didn't see the Grand Final, but thought it sounded like one massive choke by the Lakers.
Perhaps they got a bit ahead of themsleves...training at Mooroopna before they'd even knocked off Lanky to get in the Grand Final.

I think most people saw the team that Lancaster fielded in the prelim, and how Undera struggled to get over them, and thought that Nagambie had it in the bag. Maybe the Nagambie players did as well.

Didn't see any of the Grand Final, but it was posted on here that the lakers 'guns' (Rattray and shields in particular), didn't have a massive influence, whilst for Undera La Porta (who was the ace up their sleeve) obviously had a day out.. Lakers may have choked, but it looks more to me like Undera out-played them on the day, perhaps a bit similar to the AFL GF last year..? If you're best players don't perform you're less likely to win any game, let alone a grand final..

crocket17

Debutant
Apr 8, 2008
GV
AFL Club
Collingwood

It wasn't a massive choke, Undera drew with Nagambie during the year so I figure they matched up well anyway...besides which, they were way better than them on the day. Every time Nagambie looked like getting back into the game, Undera had answers....thoroughly deserved victory i thought, considering the last few years of hard work developing a side.

Condolences to all involved with Undera FC on their tragic sudden loss during the week.

white line

Debutant
May 1, 2007
shep
AFL Club
Collingwood
They didn't chock at all, we just got our match up's right.

We held rattray 5goals out of the 3 games we played them, he could kick big bags against sides with no backman, but was challenge against us.

Mick shields played injuried, still kicked 2 goals and had 20 plus touches. I thought very tough to not get into there best under them conditions.

We drew n lost by 20 points, the only thing that made them clear fav's was we dropped the game against v.t and the first final against Lancaster.

We flew under the radar, and had the KDFL coach of the year.

R.I.P Kimbo 49# Keep chasing mate!!

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mate, I'm opposed to it being at Mooroopna as well, but Murchison needs a major make over before it gets the rights to hold each years biggest game in my books.

The change rooms are not up to it. Even the home rooms are missing a toilet.
Not to mention the size of the rooms themselves, which really is a pain in the ass when you're crammed into those little dog boxes with no amenities before, during and after the game in the hotter weather of finals football.

You're right about the rooms (having ordinary facilities with a great ground is like having a chanderlier in a haunted house), but they were built in the 50's when Murch only had one team, but if the club had it's sh!t together, we would've got at least an extension by now (they think it's better to spend our money for the benefit of finishing 5th, instead of putting some of the money to improve some things around the ground), but we are on Crown Land, which is a real spanner in the works.

Maybe having the Grand Final at Murchison more regularly, might give the Local, State & Federal Governments (and the club itself) more impetus to improve some things around Murchison district, but it all hinges on my clubs will to get it done, and I don't think that we have it in us, and that's why were alsorans.

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Nagambie didn't choke, they were simply out ran & out played by the better team on the day, but they did choke in the 3rds, by kicking badly.

Also, I would like to pass on my deepest condolences to the the Undera FNC, for the tragic loss of Ross Kimberlin during the week.:(

BandGeek

Debutant
Apr 9, 2009
Ironbark Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth
Condolences to the Undera Football Club on the loss of young Ross Kimberlin.

Kimbo you were a top bloke and a top footballer. Always had time for anyone and you always gave it your best whether it be on the footy field or just in general life. It was a pleasure to know you and to play against you R.I.P Rossy ill miss ya man

Sports_Mad

Rookie
Jun 20, 2009
Sports Mad HQ
AFL Club
Carlton
Didn't see any of the Grand Final, but it was posted on here that the lakers 'guns' (Rattray and shields in particular), didn't have a massive influence, whilst for Undera La Porta (who was the ace up their sleeve) obviously had a day out.. Lakers may have choked, but it looks more to me like Undera out-played them on the day, perhaps a bit similar to the AFL GF last year..? If you're best players don't perform you're less likely to win any game, let alone a grand final..

I didn't see the game myself, but have heard quite a few of the Nagambie faithful point the finger at Rattray's performance as a major reason for the loss. Seems common talk that he just didn't put in.
Can you guys who saw the match confirm if this is the case? Was he well held? Were his second efforts there? or did he just leave it at home?

KDL KINGS

Senior List
Apr 20, 2008
the goal square
AFL Club
Geelong
I didn't see the game myself, but have heard quite a few of the Nagambie faithful point the finger at Rattray's performance as a major reason for the loss. Seems common talk that he just didn't put in.
Can you guys who saw the match confirm if this is the case? Was he well held? Were his second efforts there? or did he just leave it at home?
Heard on the grapevine stanhope was having a meeting with a ex bendigo league coach on the weekend, would be a massive signing if this eventuates(SPELLING), also heard jamesy might b keen to cum back. Any others news around the traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back