Not open for further replies.

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Forgive my ignorance, but what would be wrong with playing a Ky League GF in Ky?

Makes perfect sense Hansie.. From what I understand, and I'm happy to be corrected, but Tat, Ky and Mooroopna are/were all invited to tender for the opportunity to host the KDL GF, either annually or on a 3yr basis. The side that gives the most back to the KDL is given the gig.. So obviously that's been Mooroopna. That way the GV club involved makes some $, but it's also the highest amount of revenue that the KDL can earn. I think the main reason they have it at a GV club is that (obviously) their facitilities are better, it's easier for them to accommodate larger crowds, it's harder to sneak into the ground and it's likely that more people would attend who otherwise wouldn't.

bunfight

Draftee
Aug 17, 2009
shepp
AFL Club
Adelaide
rumour has it one heavily tattooed ruckman from murch may be delisted due to his drunken antics and disgraceful behaviour at fri nites presentation nite is this true crockett???

crocket17

Debutant
Apr 8, 2008
GV
AFL Club
Collingwood
rumour has it one heavily tattooed ruckman from murch may be delisted due to his drunken antics and disgraceful behaviour at fri nites presentation nite is this true crockett???

Last seen giving the winner a very public dressing down..

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
As reported earlier, Snelson is a definite to play for Gig next year. They've also been talking to Adam Brunt, Nathan Gemmill and a young ruckman from Ky who's name escapes me. So while the last few are long shots, at least they're having a crack.

BIG SHOW

Senior List
Dec 18, 2008
OUT THE BACK
AFL Club
Essendon
Makes perfect sense Hansie.. From what I understand, and I'm happy to be corrected, but Tat, Ky and Mooroopna are/were all invited to tender for the opportunity to host the KDL GF, either annually or on a 3yr basis. The side that gives the most back to the KDL is given the gig.. So obviously that's been Mooroopna. That way the GV club involved makes some $, but it's also the highest amount of revenue that the KDL can earn. I think the main reason they have it at a GV club is that (obviously) their facitilities are better, it's easier for them to accommodate larger crowds, it's harder to sneak into the ground and it's likely that more people would attend who otherwise wouldn't.

I went to my first granny at mooroopna this year and thought it was great. It added a bit of extra hype and took it to another level. ( not like turning up to a ground we play at week in week out) My biggest concern is that kdl clubs basically get jack squat for it. I think if we were to renegotiate a better deal with mooroopna then i coulnt see why we wouldn't continue to have it there.

Bridge Spike

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I went to my first granny at mooroopna this year and thought it was great. It added a bit of extra hype and took it to another level. ( not like turning up to a ground we play at week in week out) My biggest concern is that kdl clubs basically get jack squat for it. I think if we were to renegotiate a better deal with mooroopna then i coulnt see why we wouldn't continue to have it there.
How much do KDL clubs get?

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Big News at Rushy....Thirds premiership coach not reappointed....he pissed as they have been too s**t scared to tell him for three weeks....He had started recruiting players and set up his support team for next season..2010 was to be the premiership year after two years of building. He is now looking for another club and coaching position. Missed interview at Stanhope by 48 hrs, that would have been the greatest coaching change of all time. It would have added a bit more interest to the local clashes and pissed everybody at Rushy off. Funny things happen at footy clubs however not very often the most successful thirds coach in your clubs history, taken teams from 5 & 4 to last two grand finals with one premiership flag. Coach the last two flag winner 21 years apart. No indications, no interview process....successful coachs are not always the most popular with mums who want little John to always be star and stuff anybody else. Great opportunity for club to pick up a previous Victoria Coach of the award winner and a person that will take a team with expectations of a 4-6 finish to the last day...done it three times.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Big News at Rushy....Thirds premiership coach not reappointed....he pissed as they have been too s**t scared to tell him for three weeks....He had started recruiting players and set up his support team for next season..2010 was to be the premiership year after two years of building. He is now looking for another club and coaching position. Missed interview at Stanhope by 48 hrs, that would have been the greatest coaching change of all time. It would have added a bit more interest to the local clashes and pissed everybody at Rushy off. Funny things happen at footy clubs however not very often the most successful thirds coach in your clubs history, taken teams from 5 & 4 to last two grand finals with one premiership flag. Coach the last two flag winner 21 years apart. No indications, no interview process....successful coachs are not always the most popular with mums who want little John to always be star and stuff anybody else. Great opportunity for club to pick up a previous Victoria Coach of the award winner and a person that will take a team with expectations of a 4-6 finish to the last day...done it three times.

did hear that last night, who got the gig?

footy88

Team Captain
Oct 22, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
There has defintaely been a drop off of communication at the Tigers in the last couple of years. So I can see it happening, but i'll hold off too see if it acctually sticks.

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I would not expect the ex coach to return, he has had a offer today...would prefer a team closer to home....he is pissed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Secret vote take morning after Grand final although rumour at training before Elimination Final (applications had not closed) that Pateman had job...

Bridge Spike

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There has defintaely been a drop off of communication at the Tigers in the last couple of years. So I can see it happening, but i'll hold off too see if it acctually sticks.
Rushy lucky to have so many good junior coaches, other clubs must be jealous:confused::rolleyes:

naasadk

Debutant
Aug 7, 2007
Mooroopna North
AFL Club
Melbourne
i believe differently i hear he is taking a big drop in salary to remain a hopper:cool:..btw shouldnt u be working on ur own lineup for next year give it a wash and also seeking some counselling for ur well known gambling addiction:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:and crocket maybe u should be in the gym working off those excess kilos u have piled on since ur unfortunate injury:eek::eek:

Is there anything sadder than having to pump your own tyres up? Gets even sadder Matt when you have to do it on the KDL and PDFL threads. Trying to push your price up? If you get $20 a game i'd take it if i was you, because you would make jack sh*t if it was a performance based contract.

LastLine14

Debutant
Nov 25, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there anything sadder than having to pump your own tyres up? Gets even sadder Matt when you have to do it on the KDL and PDFL threads. Trying to push your price up? If you get $20 a game i'd take it if i was you, because you would make jack sh*t if it was a performance based contract.

30+ goals from the centre and runner up in the league,from a team that finished 5th sounds like he'd probably get a kick at your club....plus stormed home to beat an ABSOLUTE certainty in the hoppers Band F:heart::heart:

crocket17

Debutant
Apr 8, 2008
GV
AFL Club
Collingwood
30+ goals from the centre and runner up in the league,from a team that finished 5th sounds like he'd probably get a kick at your club....plus stormed home to beat an ABSOLUTE certainty in the hoppers Band F:heart::heart:

Still not worth $20 to deal with his verbal tirade, win lose or draw...

backstabbers

Draftee
Oct 12, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
what communication. big sponsor to withdraw services as a result of rushy 3rds coach being knifed

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
what communication. big sponsor to withdraw services as a result of rushy 3rds coach being knifed

Yeh, there's a little bit more to the story than that. And I'm not sure what big sponsor you're talking about, but there was one that threatened to withdraw their services, but has since been convinced otherwise..

Truth, from what I've been told, is that Geoff told the committee half way through the year that this would be his last year in the role. So they went out to look for a replacement and happened to find one in ex-senior coach Brett Pateman who is now living locally. From what I can gather, after they'd won the flag, or around that time, Geoff re-thought his decision and decided he'd like to go around again. The committee then had to vote on it and Brett, probably given his greater experience (in that he's coached seniors), was given the nod. So, whilst it no doubt looks bad that the premiership coach hasn't been re-appointed and he's rightly very upset, the committee based their decision on who they thought was the right person for the job. And for what it's worth there were 11 who voted on it, so it's a bit rich to say 'it's not what you know, but who you know'.. and even a bit more rich to say that when all 11 who voted would know Geoff a lot more than Brett..

Sadly, Rushy have lost an excellent coach, but luckily have an excellent candidate in Brett Pateman to guide the next young batch through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back