Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeh, there's a little bit more to the story than that. And I'm not sure what big sponsor you're talking about, but there was one that threatened to withdraw their services, but has since been convinced otherwise..

Truth, from what I've been told, is that Geoff told the committee half way through the year that this would be his last year in the role. So they went out to look for a replacement and happened to find one in ex-senior coach Brett Pateman who is now living locally. From what I can gather, after they'd won the flag, or around that time, Geoff re-thought his decision and decided he'd like to go around again. The committee then had to vote on it and Brett, probably given his greater experience (in that he's coached seniors), was given the nod. So, whilst it no doubt looks bad that the premiership coach hasn't been re-appointed and he's rightly very upset, the committee based their decision on who they thought was the right person for the job. And for what it's worth there were 11 who voted on it, so it's a bit rich to say 'it's not what you know, but who you know'.. and even a bit more rich to say that when all 11 who voted would know Geoff a lot more than Brett..

Sadly, Rushy have lost an excellent coach, but luckily have an excellent candidate in Brett Pateman to guide the next young batch through.
Tav, this is complete bull s**t...Ducky had a three year plan with everthing set for premeirship in 2010. Never spoke to committee about not doing it again. Complete surprise. In fact less than 1/4 of committee voted rest were not aware of vote happening. If it was planned why did the club not have the guts to announce the change at presentation day. Go back to your source and find out real reasons. Ask what happen at netball trip last year

Old Tiger

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Ducky wall has coached seniors at Rushworth, seconds, thirds under 14 and under 12...Victoria coach of year...and most successful thirds coach at club. 18 years experience..What will happen to Rushworth thirds 2011....stop pedalling s**t

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Which one of these apparent "new" contributors to the KDFL thread is the coach in question??? Welcome aboard :thumbsu:

If this bloke is as good as the posts suggest give him a role back with the senior coaching staff. You never turn away a person keen to do a role, invent something if you have to as obviously he's a visionary type person (I aint heard of many 3-year plans in junior footy). Lets be honest I've seen 3rds teams win flags that my Mrs could coach and they'd still win.

Maybe then if the chap loves the Rushy FC as much as many suggest he would have a much greater influence on these young blokes as trust me it's a lot tougher developing 18yo kids as they step up into open age action. This might be where his skillset could even better help the Tigers going forward into the future. :confused:

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Tav, this is complete bull s**t...Ducky had a three year plan with everthing set for premeirship in 2010. Never spoke to committee about not doing it again. Complete surprise. In fact less than 1/4 of committee voted rest were not aware of vote happening. If it was planned why did the club not have the guts to announce the change at presentation day. Go back to your source and find out real reasons. Ask what happen at netball trip last year

Old tiger, no idea who you are, and I've only heard from 3 people with some involvement, who all told me the version of what happened, that I printed. So I don't pretent to know everything involved and I have no idea of what happened on the netball trip last year or how that's related to anything. There's no doubt that Ducky is a very well credentialled coach and he, as well as you, have every right to be upset at the decision, but it can't be denied that Brett Pateman is also an excellent candidate, and at the end of the day the committee are the only one's whose opinion matters, for they have the final say.

As much as you may be against the decision, it's not going to change and as much as I feel for Ducky, who is a great bloke and a great coach, I'm just as excited by the prospect that Patey's put his hand up to do the job.

DancinMachine

Rookie
Mar 25, 2009
Rightround Town
AFL Club
North Melbourne
its good to see rushy having a change.. nice to shake things up a bit and give the kids a different coaching view. Might even see some position changes and different kids having a go in different areas of the field.. all good news from rushy from what i can see. It will be interesting to see how the boys go..

Bridge Spike

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
its good to see rushy having a change.. nice to shake things up a bit and give the kids a different coaching view. Might even see some position changes and different kids having a go in different areas of the field.. all good news from rushy from what i can see. It will be interesting to see how the boys go..
I am all for change...... but when its on here...... i am thinking its messy and doesnt do anything for Rushy or thirds footy in the KDL.

Aug 17, 2006
Rushworth
AFL Club
Geelong
Just want to set the record straight, I am ex Rushworth thirds coach.
The mastermind of my removal should be congratulated, never expected it. I still had support of majority of Committee, however had things arranged beautfully. I never told anybody that I did not want to coach next year, in fact thought from discussion I had job and had started planning. Still doing it after I had been removed due to the fact nobody had the guts to tell me.

Aug 17, 2006
Rushworth
AFL Club
Geelong
Since I was told on Saturday after knocking back the u14 coaching job. I have not bagged RFNC. Still very disappointed and shocked. I want to coach else where.
I respect Kim and understand that her role is to deliver the views of the committee, I know I had her support and thats big because she is a friend of Brett. I hope Brett is successful and will wish him well when I see him. The RFNC committee is responsible and accountable for there decisions and I respect that they have the right to appoint whoever they want as Coach.

Aug 17, 2006
Rushworth
AFL Club
Geelong
I am hurt by the disrespect show to me after many years of service. I cannot understand how you can make a decision and then not tell somebody for three weeks. During that period I was ask to be President of the Club by a person who was aware i had been sacked.

Aug 17, 2006
Rushworth
AFL Club
Geelong
I expected to coach the team to a premiership again in 2010 and would have classed anything else as a failure on my part. 2011 will be a tough year with at least 12 players passing the age level, it will be interesting to see if Rushworth field an under 18 or they go the same way as the u14. As my tag highlights I have complete faith in my ability to coach, I also believe that I can motive, encourage, sell the dream to the team and deliver the results, my finals records proves this. In 1988 took Rushworth from 4th never defeat side above to premiership. 2008 took side from 5th to runners up and with a bit of luck would have won. 2009 took team nobody thought had a hope from 4 to premiership.

backstabbers

Draftee
Oct 12, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeh, there's a little bit more to the story than that. And I'm not sure what big sponsor you're talking about, but there was one that threatened to withdraw their services, but has since been convinced otherwise..

Truth, from what I've been told, is that Geoff told the committee half way through the year that this would be his last year in the role. So they went out to look for a replacement and happened to find one in ex-senior coach Brett Pateman who is now living locally. From what I can gather, after they'd won the flag, or around that time, Geoff re-thought his decision and decided he'd like to go around again. The committee then had to vote on it and Brett, probably given his greater experience (in that he's coached seniors), was given the nod. So, whilst it no doubt looks bad that the premiership coach hasn't been re-appointed and he's rightly very upset, the committee based their decision on who they thought was the right person for the job. And for what it's worth there were 11 who voted on it, so it's a bit rich to say 'it's not what you know, but who you know'.. and even a bit more rich to say that when all 11 who voted would know Geoff a lot more than Brett..

Sadly, Rushy have lost an excellent coach, but luckily have an excellent candidate in Brett Pateman to guide the next young batch through.
no will stick to my guns. not what you know but whom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I am hurt by the disrespect show to me after many years of service. I cannot understand how you can make a decision and then not tell somebody for three weeks. During that period I was ask to be President of the Club by a person who was aware i had been sacked.

Hard pill to swallow no doubt, but your obviously a fine leader of men, young and old which is why Im guessing it was a truly difficult decision by your club. Remain involved if you luck out landing a gig elsewhere and have a positive say going forward coz you obvioulsy care about your club long term which is a rarity these days.
Most people pretend they care, get in and have a go for their year or 2 or 3, then pack up and PI$$ off all bitter never to contribute again - thru the good and the bad it's all about the club and sometimes the decision makers of that time get lost all in the emotion rather than the best interest of joints that have existed for over 100 years in some cases prior to their "day in the sun".

Keep ya head up :thumbsu:

Aug 17, 2006
Rushworth
AFL Club
Geelong
I have a lot of support in the community and understand that is the reason why all the bull s**t is being spread. They pulled off a great move and now are trying to make me look bad to justify their actions. The true is that I have done nothing wrong, sorry to be a successful coach you need to make tough decisions which at times hurt feelings, that is the only thing I can be found guilty of. I will continue to hold my head high. My behaviours will continue to be in line with my person value system, treat everybody as you would like to be treated. Before I sign off. If your Club wants an excellent coach please tell them to give me a call. I will not be making any rash decisions, and thanks to the Club that has already made an approach, I can understand why you have been so successful. Geoff

backstabbers

Draftee
Oct 12, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Old tiger, no idea who you are, and I've only heard from 3 people with some involvement, who all told me the version of what happened, that I printed. So I don't pretent to know everything involved and I have no idea of what happened on the netball trip last year or how that's related to anything. There's no doubt that Ducky is a very well credentialled coach and he, as well as you, have every right to be upset at the decision, but it can't be denied that Brett Pateman is also an excellent candidate, and at the end of the day the committee are the only one's whose opinion matters, for they have the final say.

As much as you may be against the decision, it's not going to change and as much as I feel for Ducky, who is a great bloke and a great coach, I'm just as excited by the prospect that Patey's put his hand up to do the job.
seems you know all or nothing

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
Is this the place for all this??? I thought this site was just for rumours and other unconfirmed stuff. This issue sounds like a RFNC issue not for us work-avoiders!

backstabbers

Draftee
Oct 12, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
yep so little jonny can go home happy

Bridge Spike

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hard pill to swallow no doubt, but your obviously a fine leader of men, young and old which is why Im guessing it was a truly difficult decision by your club. Remain involved if you luck out landing a gig elsewhere and have a positive say going forward coz you obvioulsy care about your club long term which is a rarity these days.
Most people pretend they care, get in and have a go for their year or 2 or 3, then pack up and PI$$ off all bitter never to contribute again - thru the good and the bad it's all about the club and sometimes the decision makers of that time get lost all in the emotion rather than the best interest of joints that have existed for over 100 years in some cases prior to their "day in the sun".

Great post Doona, footy is what we are all about not cheap stuff.
Coach of the year dont drop your standards you have earned a heap of repect from people in the KDL:D

Mooroopna Man

Debutant
Oct 5, 2004
Mooroopna
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I expected to coach the team to a premiership again in 2010 and would have classed anything else as a failure on my part. 2011 will be a tough year with at least 12 players passing the age level, it will be interesting to see if Rushworth field an under 18 or they go the same way as the u14. As my tag highlights I have complete faith in my ability to coach, I also believe that I can motive, encourage, sell the dream to the team and deliver the results, my finals records proves this. In 1988 took Rushworth from 4th never defeat side above to premiership. 2008 took side from 5th to runners up and with a bit of luck would have won. 2009 took team nobody thought had a hope from 4 to premiership.

Well done on the way you handled everything Wally and from your posts on here it only appears that you have tried to give your own truthful version of events without wishing anyone any malice. It further confirms why you are held in high esteem by many within the league and I am sorry to see what should be a joyful celebratory time has turned into a hurtful time for yourself.

Any club would be very lucky to receive your services as your work ethic and leadership is second to none. Well done on a brilliant career of helping the Rushy Footy Club.

R

Tezza

backstabbers

Draftee
Oct 12, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
and sorry tell dad he didnt play in his favorite spot

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is this the place for all this??? I thought this site was just for rumours and other unconfirmed stuff. This issue sounds like a RFNC issue not for us work-avoiders!

At such a quiet time this is must see stuff, fascinating reading that no doubt we've experienced in some way shape or form. Who knows it may even help the Rushy FC and the dudes involved going forward to have aired it so that next time (if there even threatens to be) they'll be better for the run.

Good, bad or otherwise - it's the vibe of thing . . . . communication

BACKS SORE!

Senior List
Nov 24, 2006
Everywhere

Yes agree 100% Good to see some one putting the club 1st!!! before themself's.... Maybe Brett Pateman or whoever he is, should put the club 1st and step aside let this man keep coaching!!!!! Coach of the year obviously well respected by young and old:thumbsu:

deano

Rookie
Nov 30, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Richmond

Have to agree with you here Tav, its all been blown out abit. Its just the Rushy thirds job, not St.Kilda's OR Geelong. I'm well aware that the club have made a great decision in Giving Brett the Job, Patey have serviced the club for over ten years as a melbourne player and has now moved up here with his family and friends, I've been coached by both candidates and if I had the pick of the two blokes I would surly be chosing Patey. He'd be the most respected player at the club and thats what the boys need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back