Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefox

Debutant
Apr 4, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
My opinon, Sanders playing in a league well below his standard. (Yes I do realise there are other players in the league doing the same)
Have seem him play and he is a superstar, and still proberly young enough to have a crack at GV or MFL, although I'm not aware of his true age?? Is around 24 25?? one would think?

Have to agree with you there Sore Back. If Sanders is so good, and he is, why isn't he challenging himself at a better standard. Hank, you seem to know everything else so maybe you could shed some light? Is it the $$ (doubtful), being 'the best' (egocentric?) or what. And don't roll out the old playing with mates card, you can make mates wherever you play. I'm sure he's made new mates at Stanhope he didn't know before hand, so he could do this at any club. The man's a gun player, so why not give GVFL a crack?

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Re: KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Have to agree with you there Sore Back. If Sanders is so good, and he is, why isn't he challenging himself at a better standard. Hank, you seem to know everything else so maybe you could shed some light? Is it the $$ (doubtful), being 'the best' (egocentric?) or what. And don't roll out the old playing with mates card, you can make mates wherever you play. I'm sure he's made new mates at Stanhope he didn't know before hand, so he could do this at any club. The man's a gun player, so why not give GVFL a crack?

Seems to just be in his comfort zone at Stanhope, don't think its about giving GV a crack as he has played VFL and Geelong League so already proved himself at that level and above.
Money is definately not the issue as Tonny have offered much more than Stanhope have/are paying him and he is still there.
Being the best, 'egocentric' is certainly not him, likes to keep a low profile and just happy to go about his business with a minimum of fuss.
Some people just don't have that urge/drive to go and play the best standard football they possibly can, just play for the enjoyment, and the success is usually not far away if you stay at Stanhope either!

firefox

Debutant
Apr 4, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon

I see D Hansford played with Stanhope on the weekend. Is this the same D Hansford that signed as an assistant coach at Shepp East, but was unable ot continue due to work committments preventing him from playing on Saturdays? If so, has the work changed or was it just a story to back out of the Shepp East job, or was Saturday a rare event? Will he play all the year?

Joeyboy

Senior List
Apr 28, 2006
Tooborac
AFL Club
St Kilda

Maybe young Avenel players should not hit people when they are on the ground and not looking Joeyboy:eek:

I agree with that qwerty, i didnt see that particular incident you mention myself, poor form by the Avenel bloke who did that, sniping is not on. But I didnt no that choking the kid until he is purple and his head is about to burst is an acceptable form of retalitation, but i stand corrected. He obvioulsy got what he deserved

Purplesaint29

Senior List
May 19, 2008
29 Scott Avenue
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Nightcliff Tigers

He might just really like the club and where he fits in there, if so good on him. Shouldn't matter how good or bad you are if you enjoy playing the game and who you're playing with. If this is the case, he's a lucky bloke and Stanhope are lucky to have such a talent.

bond

Debutant
Jun 11, 2008
shh

OMFG a player playing for enjoyment????
It cant be happening!!!
A few of you clowns need to pull your heads in. Why is it so important for a player to play or prove themselves at a higher league. Its just a game and why does it matter how much better a player is compared to the bulk of thier compitition???
Seems too many of you computer legends have hold of one self for far too long far too often.

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy

It cant be happening!!!
A few of you clowns need to pull your heads in. Why is it so important for a player to play or prove themselves at a higher league. Its just a game and why does it matter how much better a player is compared to the bulk of thier compitition???
Seems too many of you computer legends have hold of one self for far too long far too often.

That's a bit nasty James

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

It cant be happening!!!

Omfg...

giveitawash

Team Captain
Jan 4, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood

I see D Hansford played with Stanhope on the weekend. Is this the same D Hansford that signed as an assistant coach at Shepp East, but was unable ot continue due to work committments preventing him from playing on Saturdays? If so, has the work changed or was it just a story to back out of the Shepp East job, or was Saturday a rare event? Will he play all the year?

Yeh seems like aquamoves closes it,s doors from 2pm to 5pm saturdays which luck would have it is the same time the footy is on:confused::confused:
Hansford,s word doesn,t travel far i would think:thumbsdown:

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

Yeh seems like aquamoves closes it,s doors from 2pm to 5pm saturdays which luck would have it is the same time the footy is on:confused::confused:
Hansford,s word doesn,t travel far i would think:thumbsdown:

Yes can see how Shepp East would be dirty on this one

Earl Hickey

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2009
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lebron James

Tips for this weekend boys!

Avenel
V Murchison
Rushworth V Nagambie
Lancaster V Stanhope
Girgarre V Ardmona
Longwood V Tallygaroopna

Undera, VT, Merrigum BYE.

Road Worker

Debutant
Apr 5, 2010
Tatura
AFL Club
Collingwood

It cant be happening!!!

Great call:thumbsu::thumbsu:

BODZY#32

Team Captain
May 24, 2006
Deep in Defence
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Micky Martin

Tips for this weekend boys!

Avenel V Murchison
Rushworth V Nagambie
Lancaster V Stanhope
Girgarre V Ardmona
Longwood V Tallygaroopna

Undera, VT, Merrigum BYE.

Avenel vs. Murchison (13pts)
Rushworth vs. Nagambie (80pts)
Lancaster vs. Stanhope (36pts)
Girgarre vs. Ardmona (24pts)
Longwood vs. Tallygaroopna (60pts)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crocket17

Debutant
Apr 8, 2008
GV
AFL Club
Collingwood

U make me laugh John he would hav more ticker than Casey and old mate Hansford layed the best bumb i hav seen for a long time and it was fair:thumbsu:

Interesting that Hansford has played the first two games of the year, after telling Hayden Best and his mates that he had to work all year and couldn't take on the A/C job at Shepp East?!?!
Has his working conditions changed or didn't he have enough decency to tell Shepp East he just wanted to go back to Stanhope?

mainland

Senior List
Nov 23, 2005
Mainland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mainland

Interesting that Hansford has played the first two games of the year, after telling Hayden Best and his mates that he had to work all year and couldn't take on the A/C job at Shepp East?!?!
Has his working conditions changed or didn't he have enough decency to tell Shepp East he just wanted to go back to Stanhope?

His working conditions changed very late in the piece, also part of his work commitments the Mainland hav to hold a boot camp style training there once a month for him to hav Sat off... Which Im sure we will oblige to hav him play on a Sat:thumbsu:

sloth#11

Draftee
Aug 12, 2009
kyabram
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Couldn't get a kick off cocaine that boy

haha u make boys make me laugh!!! the only reason i got fired up was because tht lowlife stokes (who didnt get a kick all day) hit one of our kids from behind!!! dont know bout u but hitting kids aint cool where were from!! i know its a different race where ur from but dame tht aint cool!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back