Status
Not open for further replies.

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
Longwood FNC Harley Raffle won by a supporter in Surrey Hills, South Australia. Another successful major raffle in Longwood Redlegs and Blue Country!!
All 500 tickets sold .. in fact an ex-coach from the seventies donated his ticket back to be exceptionally raffled at the White Hart Hotel at the draw last Friday night.
Well supported Longwood Leggers!
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
Bit of a harsh critic IMO, they all looked like walk up starts at training yesterday to me, and I'd go further and say that the majority of the new boys looked pretty much a class above the rest of the team... I think they'll slot in well and do alright at KDFL level. Not only will they slot in well to our team and help us win games, but they're ripper blokes too!

keep it in your pants Bodzy, I can see something starting to stick out the top.

But well said as it is alright recruiting new talent to a club but it makes it a lot easier for all concerned when they are top people as well.

And good to see you made a bit of dough John. Gerard was in at work and was going to sell me one but they must of ran out before he got back to me.

Is exceptionally raffled something you do late at night after half a dozen VB's and a couple of reds?

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit of a harsh critic IMO, they all looked like walk up starts at training yesterday to me, and I'd go further and say that the majority of the new boys looked pretty much a class above the rest of the team... I think they'll slot in well and do alright at KDFL level. Not only will they slot in well to our team and help us win games, but they're ripper blokes too!
Whats going on in Nagambie bodz, is there any truth to the rumours that there are a few large unpaid bills that the club was not aware of and that they are stuggling to find enough people to fill the positions left vacant by the leaving committee members of last season. My mail has it that they have called a crisis meeting to be held soon,l hope this is not the case, can you put your ear to the ground and let us know...

qwerty

Senior List
Aug 2, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Whats going on in Nagambie bodz, is there any truth to the rumours that there are a few large unpaid bills that the club was not aware of and that they are stuggling to find enough people to fill the positions left vacant by the leaving committee members of last season. My mail has it that they have called a crisis meeting to be held soon,l hope this is not the case, can you put your ear to the ground and let us know...

Jaxbac I was on the committee at Nagambie last year and I can tell you that all the bills from 2010 have been paid and Nagambie Football Netball club still have a nice little bank balance to kick start them in 2011 when the book were closed at the end of this year.

From what I have been told (I am not on the committee this year) they are starting to pull things together, Warwick Hutton will not take charge of the club for 2011 because he can not put in the time needed but will still be part of the committee. With this bloke and some others around the club they will still go ok, I still think that Nagambie will finish in the top 5 in 2011, it will be a good chance for some kids that would have been a walk up start in most KDFL sides in 2010 to have a crack in the 2pm game.

Good luck to all sides in 2011, it is that time of year with players coming and players going but until pen has hit paper both incoming and out going who could know what is going to happen.

At this stage it is Stanhope, VT, Undera, Lanky, Nagambie, Rushy as my top 6.

Earl Hickey

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2009
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lebron James
Will be interesting to see how they go, if nothing else they provide extra depth and competition for spots. I've heard differing reports on Dave Rigney, wouldn't be surprised if he had a good year in the 1's, especially in a side that is dominant.

Rushy's recruiting is continuing to go a long nicely, with Jason Webb and Sam Nelson signing at the meet the coach day. Both will be great acquisitions and there's still talk of a few more who are deciding after christmas.

Is that Sam Nelson from ky?

Also are there many players looking to leave or most going around at Ironbark Stadium again?

qwerty

Senior List
Aug 2, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is that Sam Nelson from ky?

Also are there many players looking to leave or most going around at Ironbark Stadium again?

I was told last week Earl,

James Martin - Picola United

Chimpy Damon and Scotty Lout have been training with Tat, and Ben Kealy has been training with some GVFL clubs as well.

Good pick up in Jason Webb for the tigers, Played with him at Nagambie last year, what he lacks in skill he makes up in hart. Super bloke that would fit in with any club he played at, can down a jar or 2 and is a bit of a hit with the ladies. Will hold his own on the ground at club functions.

steppinup

Debutant
Nov 6, 2010
mernda
AFL Club
Adelaide
gee violet town would want to be careful , yes all these guys from mernda will definately play 1s in your average league (sage the best of lot but not overly keen to travel so doubt he'll see out season) , but $600 for saddington (never played on key fwds ) is a joke , lamaro & sage even more $ , rigney & germanis were almost dropped from the 2s for finals last year. Pearson the most disapointing only an average footballer but Mernda were very good to him.. lamaro spent over $40,000 on players last season & didnt make finals.. from what they told me ' going up there for an easy flag and even easier $'.. prepare to be VERY disapointed in 2012 violet town , hope ur club survives beyond 2011

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
gee violet town would want to be careful , yes all these guys from mernda will definately play 1s in your average league (sage the best of lot but not overly keen to travel so doubt he'll see out season) , but $600 for saddington (never played on key fwds ) is a joke , lamaro & sage even more $ , rigney & germanis were almost dropped from the 2s for finals last year. Pearson the most disapointing only an average footballer but Mernda were very good to him.. lamaro spent over $40,000 on players last season & didnt make finals.. from what they told me ' going up there for an easy flag and even easier $'.. prepare to be VERY disapointed in 2012 violet town , hope ur club survives beyond 2011

Divy 2 NFL is no star studded league either steppinup. Yes the KDL is at the lower end of country leagues, but having seen a few guys who have gone and dominated in NFL Divy 2 sides over the last couple of years I couldn't see it being too much of a step up from KDL.
Lionel Proctor struggled in the Murray League in '07 and then went on to win your league medal in '08.
As we all know Lamaro and Sage are standouts and have proven themselves in the GV, but if there are guys that were struggling in your twos then I couldn't see them being definate starters in a premiership contending side!. Some very valid points made but not sure you need to s**t can the league.
Good on VT for going out and recruiting, whether they have recruited the right people/players, well we will see at the end of the season.
$600+ for Lamaro and Sage is fair enough, Lamaro, Coaching so that would be minimum, and Sage was a gun GV player and both have been in an elite system at times over the journey.

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
As the money figure is a bit off the mark my guess is that you werent even talking to them at all, yes they are being paid as all clubs pay players but your figures are way out. l would say that you have the shits about so many players leaving the club so taking a swipe at our club and league is pi$$ poor.. Have a whinge on your own forum and stay on it.. Cheers:thumbsu:

BandGeek

Debutant
Apr 9, 2009
Ironbark Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth
Apparently Lancy had a fair few turn out to its first training run of the pre season. Not sure on exact numbers but was told its more than what Ky are getting to there trainings at the minute. I'd say Lancy will be right up there again, i dont think they will lose too many/if any.

While im on pre season numbers. What were Avenels numbers like for there first hit out the other night? Can anyone give me any answers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder

Maybe thats why they didnt play finals, better clubs probably spent upward of $50k to play finals. Perhaps thats why he is now playing back in the area he's local to, maybe the VT committee are on the same track and realise to be successful you sometimes have to outlay some hard earned.

$40k a year would just make a club competitive up this way (even for an avearge league as you say) so maybe thats where they're going wrong in the poweful NFL Div.2???

VT will survive trust me . . . good people up there :thumbsu:

Semi Pro

Rookie
Jul 31, 2009
Shepparton West
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Houston Rockets

While i don't know for sure i would suspect most finals sides in the KDL would have spent $40K or more last year . And i think its great for the leauge that VT have recruited well so far as they have been building for the last few years ! And it seems this year is very open and could be a good year to have a crack , with Undera and Nagambie supposedly losing a few it could be anyones ....

steppinup

Debutant
Nov 6, 2010
mernda
AFL Club
Adelaide
there woulbnt be many clubs in aus who would have a senior coach who can only be at training once a fortnight.. sage wont play many games isnt keen on the travel at all , 3 0f the others are 2s (wont play) lamaro didnt play them in 1s last year.. lamaros achilles is stuffed , sage comin off broken ankle , pearson a battler and saddington over-rated... the $ is huge so dont think there up there for the fresh air .. the positive is most are pretty good blokes but dont see them givin too much time to the club.. ALL wont be there 2012.. buying a flag doesnt always work , seen it destroy the core values of clubs , hope this isnt your fate..goodluck

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
there woulbnt be many clubs in aus who would have a senior coach who can only be at training once a fortnight.. sage wont play many games isnt keen on the travel at all , 3 0f the others are 2s (wont play) lamaro didnt play them in 1s last year.. lamaros achilles is stuffed , sage comin off broken ankle , pearson a battler and saddington over-rated... the $ is huge so dont think there up there for the fresh air .. the positive is most are pretty good blokes but dont see them givin too much time to the club.. ALL wont be there 2012.. buying a flag doesnt always work , seen it destroy the core values of clubs , hope this isnt your fate..goodluck

Well VT might as well close the doors - all doom and gloom from here on in - we better make the most of 2011 as there will be no one there in 2012

Huge $ :confused:? buying a flag :confused:?

Semi Pro

Rookie
Jul 31, 2009
Shepparton West
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Houston Rockets

Geez steppingup you are very passionate about it ... Are you a little upset cause you did'nt get a call up from Lamaro ? I think it's best too move on champ . I'd say VT would have done there homework . Chin up champ !

SUPASTARR

All Australian
Nov 2, 2006
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Orlando

Boom Boom!! Gee whiz 'Stepper not sure how your buddies would feel about you splashing this kind of dribble over a footy forum. Obviously they have told you stuff or you have heard stuff from other people. Maybe you should give Lamario a call and see if you can join the Lions train in 2011. S*$t canning your old team mates is probably not the way to go. Speak to Hayden yourself sort out your problems. See how you go:cool:

sashabnd

Debutant
Apr 1, 2007
in a house
AFL Club
Adelaide
Boom Boom!! Gee whiz 'Stepper not sure how your buddies would feel about you splashing this kind of dribble over a footy forum. Obviously they have told you stuff or you have heard stuff from other people. Maybe you should give Lamario a call and see if you can join the Lions train in 2011. S*$t canning your old team mates is probably not the way to go. Speak to Hayden yourself sort out your problems. See how you go:cool:

if its the same Jay Pearson who played at Gig(he was from that area) Jodie Canavans Cousin, he spent more time trying to fight than play football, Maybe when we play VT he could give his Gig Jumper back ?

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
if its the same Jay Pearson who played at Gig(he was from that area) Jodie Canavans Cousin, he spent more time trying to fight than play football, Maybe when we play VT he could give his Gig Jumper back ?

Don't most clubs hold clearances if money or property is owed?

BandGeek

Debutant
Apr 9, 2009
Ironbark Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth

Ok mate we get the picture, VT have recruited a no good coach and no good recruits. Head back to your own forum and let VT and the clubs that play VT worry about how good these boys are or are not

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This comp is on par with EDFL B div which has the NFL 2nd div covered so the calls on the league being 'average' compared to the NFL is laughable.

I think if these guys coming up take it a bit light on they will be in for a shock, no doubt they'll rack Em up against the bottom clubs but ud want to see them perform against the better sides. By the sounds of it Though VT have picked up some good footballers, my cousin had played with Lamaro at Crazyburn and speaks highly of him and I remember thinking Sage was a gun at under 18 level years back! Them 2 alone will be worth the $$. I thought VT were probably 4 or so players away last year so with these boys they'd be my favourite at this stage.

TheInsider22

Draftee
Dec 5, 2010
Eltham
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You all need the true facts about the Violet Town move -
Daniel Sage currently training at Bundoora - he isn't making the move. With regards to the other players; Germanchis has hamstring problems and I doubt will stand up for a full season, T.Sage is one dimensinal and needs to play in the square in defence to get him away from the goals and he gets the jitters and loses effectiveness. Pearson is past his best days he can only play deep in defence, lacks pace at CHB or anywhere else. Marcus Saddington - a young player on the 'up' why waste your time going up to VT? If he wanted to go anywhere he should head for Div 1. A poor decision by him, persuaded by the others. Rigney can play but the travel will get to him. He needs everything to be in place for him to play his best footy, and 2 hours up the Hume isn't a good pre match program for him. Dale Saddington - The best of the bunch... But should you be playing and making the move for a mate? I don't think so.
Then we get Lamaro whose coaching skills at the best are average. The Mernda record dpeaks for itself, his real issue will be getting the team to 'follow his example' - hard ball gets aren't high on his agenda and a high profile player is sure to get a lot of attention, he to has a fitness problem with his achillies,
Buying a premership doesn't often work? All players are travelling out of town, new coach, 8 or so new players in one side for the first time... My prediction: the 2hr drive will by round 16 seem more like 4 - a receipe for disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back