KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 hit the track yesterday for Stanhope's first training run with another 8-10 players watching on or turning up later for the bbq. Good turn out with a couple of new faces.

Always good to get 30 odd for the first night hank!! how was the man B. Lowe in the coaching mode?? Would certaintly think the mainland would be very hard to topple this year with the class lowe brings out there and the recruits he will have follow him!! Have you boys got some good juniors coming up to assist with the new recruits that do come out hank??

30 hit the track yesterday for Stanhope's first training run with another 8-10 players watching on or turning up later for the bbq. Good turn out with a couple of new faces.
We kicked off our post xmas preseason training for VT yesty too, not quite your numbers but we had 25 slog it out for 2 hours and it was a very solid session.... Reckon we lost 4litres of fluid in sweat during it, it was that hot and humid!

Just a leisurely hour session for us bodzy, and was our first run full stop so that would have bolstered our numbers a little.
Lowey had everything under control and is very excited about the year ahead.
Our juniors have always been our strong point, the U/18's played off in the GF last year, so a few coming through. The biggest buzz was seeing Al O'Rielly and Jimmy Fraser move freely in the session, Al didnt play a game last year and has wouldn't have played 10 games since playing in the '08 premiership as a 16yr old, and Jimmy Fraser only played a handful of games last year and missed the finals (he kicked 4 goals in a half against Nagambie when we beat them).

A few on the departure side though so at this stage we are probably similar to last year.
Lachlan Armstrong to Tat if in the area
Jye Patten to Mt Pleasant
Denis Grinton to Mt Pleasant - non-playing coach
Chris Sanders and Matt Stokes tossing up going to Rochy
Rick Pritchett - travelling
Blair Suffolk - QLD
Matt Martin - maybe retiring

Still would expect to be top 3, as I'm sure Undera, Lancy, VT and even Rushy would be.

Just a leisurely hour session for us bodzy, and was our first run full stop so that would have bolstered our numbers a little.
Our juniors have always been our strong point, the U/18's played off in the GF last year, so a few coming through. The biggest buzz was seeing Al O'Rielly and Jimmy Fraser move freely in the session, Al didnt play a game last year and has wouldn't have played 10 games since playing in the '08 premiership as a 16yr old, and Jimmy Fraser only played a handful of games last year and missed the finals (he kicked 4 goals in a half against Nagambie when we beat them).

A few on the departure side though so at this stage we are probably similar to last year.
Blair Suffolk - QLD

Still would expect to be top 3, as I'm sure Undera, Lancy, VT and even Rushy would be.
Just had a look at the draw and seen Stanhope play Undera round 1. Should be a cracker of a match and a good one to see where both teams are at.
Out of the 5 teams you named above it seems Lanky have the most favourable draw only playing one of those teams twice for the year as opposed to Undera who have to play 3 of those twice.
I also noticed that we must be avoiding playing on a Saturday whenever we have a home game that coincides with our local 2nd Saturday of the month market, as we have 3 Sunday games for the season against Undera, Longwood and Lancaster.

Blair Suffolk - QLD

Reardo to Echuca United

Blair Suffolk - QLD

So on that note tho Hank which of ur new recruits trained last night? & how did they look??
1 thing is 4 sure with lowey is he'll run a very tight & committed ship & will lead by example on the field simply with his attack on the footy, will be a good year out ur way i'd expect!!

So on that note tho Hank which of ur new recruits trained last night? & how did they look??
1 thing is 4 sure with lowey is he'll run a very tight & committed ship & will lead by example on the field simply with his attack on the footy, will be a good year out ur way i'd expect!!

Tonights our next gallop after Sunday.

How is everyone going ? Numbers wise and quality ?

Have spoken to a few lads and heard a few rumors and to be honest it's only mid Jan but have only heard of losses at most clubs . Not much quality coming onto the league no disrespect to those recruits . Only thing really heard of was VT and that was of mixed opinions . Probably mostly from there committee..

What i can confirm is Undera have lost a few of there stars they have decide to have a go at the GV and thats a good thing for the club , D.Heazelwood and S.Vourgaslis have gone to Mooroopna. Good for the club and wish the boys all the best .

Rushworth have added Tavis Perry, Jake Perry and Tim Wicks among others, all have quality resume's that stack up well for KDL footy.

Hayden Lamaro coaching VT, ex AFL

Brad Lowe coaching Stanhope straight from Mooroopna as there Captain

Adam Nunn to Lancy fron Tongala, kicked around the 50 goals mark for the past 4 or 5 years in a Major League.

Shut shop have you LANCASTRALIA thought you might be able to give us an update on your Star pick up and how he has been going on the track.:eek:

Well that depends on who you class as Lanky's star pick up??

But if you are referring to Meka, we start training on Monday so we'll know more then. Did speak to him a few weeks back and he said he struggled last year with groin complaints, he's working to get on top of things and get firing for the upcoming season. Hope he does as he can play!

We picked up a couple other handy recruits to so we'll see how they go over the next few months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard much about last years bottom clubs ? Merrigum, Gig, Tally, Longwood & Ardy ! They would have to pick up a few players wouldnt they?

Also herd Patty Ratray talking to a few clubs putting a large $$$ on his services for the year !!

Anyone heard much about last years bottom clubs ? Merrigum, Gig, Tally, Longwood & Ardy ! They would have to pick up a few players wouldnt they?

Also herd Patty Ratray talking to a few clubs putting a large $$$ on his services for the year !!
NBNBNB : Training tonight at Redlegs Stadium, Monday 24 Jan.11 saw 14 blokes keen (not bad for the foreign legionnares for Longwood) but there is no training on Wednesday, 26 Jan.11 due to the Australia Day celebrations. Training back at the Stadium on Monday 31-Jan.11 then it looks like Kilmore at 6.30 pm on Wednesday, 2 Feb.11 ... msg ends .. roger, over and out .. John Carrot:thumbsu:

Hey fellas, hope trainings going well for all the clubs, looking forward to a good year of footy.
i heard that the fixture for this year is out? Anyone able to post it up? even just Rd1 would be sweet.
Cheers.

NBNBNB : Training tonight at Redlegs Stadium, Monday 24 Jan.11 saw 14 blokes keen (not bad for the foreign legionnares for Longwood) but there is no training on Wednesday, 26 Jan.11 due to the Australia Day celebrations. Training back at the Stadium on Monday 31-Jan.11 then it looks like Kilmore at 6.30 pm on Wednesday, 2 Feb.11 ... msg ends .. roger, over and out .. John Carrot:thumbsu:
Rodger Doger You Old Codger......

Hey fellas, hope trainings going well for all the clubs, looking forward to a good year of footy.
i heard that the fixture for this year is out? Anyone able to post it up? even just Rd1 would be sweet.
Cheers.

It is on the KDL website:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=FIXTURE&compID=142285&c=1-57-0-0-0

Round 1 - April 9th
Avenel vs Nagambie
Girgarre vs Tallygaroopna
Lancaster vs Merrigum
Longwood vs Ardmona
Murchison vs Rushworth
Stanhope vs Undera
BYE Violet Town

Thanks fellas, that Rushy v Lanky game is the one I was wondering about

not to sure about rattray think he might playing with his cousin might not play at all still injured

Rodger Doger You Old Codger......
G’day Red Roger
Haven’t seen you doing lappies at Redlegs Stadium yet old Codger. Neither around the Stadium nor the racecourse in the ute!
Bit too hot .. bit of Golf in the summer .. gettin’ older maybe??

The coach asked me to bring MY sneakers to training Monday night.

I mailed back that I won the Gumboot tossing competition at the Longwood sports day in 1976 – so winning a Sneaker tossing competition at Monday night’s training would be a “ a piece of pizza!”.

For some reason Ricki called me a tosser when I got there?

Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:
ps Hank .. might we lock 2010 and open up the new season 2011
Cheers Hank1
John Carrot:)

G’day Red Roger
Haven’t seen you doing lappies at Redlegs Stadium yet old Codger. Neither around the Stadium nor the racecourse in the ute!
Bit too hot .. bit of Golf in the summer .. gettin’ older maybe??

The coach asked me to bring MY sneakers to training Monday night.

I mailed back that I won the Gumboot tossing competition at the Longwood sports day in 1976 – so winning a Sneaker tossing competition at Monday night’s training would be a “ a piece of pizza!”.

For some reason Ricki called me a tosser when I got there?

Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:
ps Hank .. might we lock 2010 and open up the new season 2011
Cheers Hank1
John Carrot:)

Two more posts till the 1000 is up John, patience my friend. Oh now its one more post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back