KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:footy: 2010 KDL Interleague Side ( just for fun ) :footy:
BACKS
P.Parsons (Lan) D.Heazlewood (Und) B.Gray (Sta)

S.Gemmil (Lan) J.Sanderson (Nag) D.Godsmark (Und)

J.Martin (Rus) T.Snelson (Gig) A.Haysom (Nag)

S.Damon (Rus) S.Laporta (Und) C.Beazley (Und)

B.Morris (Nag) P.Rattray (Nag) R.Busch (Lan)

FOLL

B.Thompson (Merr)
M.Hodgetts (Mur)
C.Sanders (Sta)

INT

N.Goodwin (Ave)
M.Grak (Lon)
R.jones (Gig)

BACKS

FOLL

B.Thompson (Merr)
M.Hodgetts (Mur)
C.Sanders (Sta)

INT

N.Goodwin (Ave)
M.Grak (Lon)
R.jones (Gig)

G’day Agent 86! KDFL SPY

This idea is much better than previous pre-game concepts where the tips for the round had the Longwood Redlegs to get done by 200 points each week .. will be nowhere near that tomorrow at Stanhope.

As I, (as in a Longwood supporter ) have very little knowledge of opposition capacity it is good to highlight Gray from Stanhope as a rep type player .. one to notice .. mind you .. Grakie should be on the wing!

Looking forward to catching up with a great footballer in your pick when we play them – ex Longwood now Nagambie - named Brian “Mozza” Morris, who you have named in the forward pocket .. and his old man Tony. And Paulkes, Foxie and Varcs for that matter.

Other punters have to get on board this idea each week and keep picking a rep side to recognise the elite in our league .. doesn’t matter if we don’t play anyone. But then again .. who do the AFL All Australians play?

And give a bit of respect to the older blokes!! I reckon Brendan “Varcs” Vercoe (ex Longwood coach in the mid-noughties; now with the Lakers, should at least be on the bench .. as he has been named for tommora in the Shepp News .. wha’??
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:
p.s. And yes .. for the cynics .. my ulterior motive in this is to also reveal the blokes the Longwood Leggers need to watch out for !!!;)

BACKS

FOLL

B.Thompson (Merr)
M.Hodgetts (Mur)
C.Sanders (Sta)

INT

N.Goodwin (Ave)
M.Grak (Lon)
R.jones (Gig)

I have to start by saying that I haven't yet caught any KDFL games this year, but would have thought that after only a handful of games so far, last year's league medallist might squeeze in somewhere, or has his form been that bad this season. Also got serious doubts on whether Thomson is the leagues best ruckman, got smashed by Roberts (Lan) in round 1 from all reports. $$ don't automatically make for good players. Nagambie and Undera look a little under-represented, given that they've got some seriously good KDL players, and Brunt would go close to forcing his way in too, as would Hansford (Sta). I guess the tough one is who misses out - Busch, Damon, Jones? Maybe a bit early in the season for this, but I like the concept.

Re: KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

I see that young Simmo Harrison returned to footy this week for the Lions in the magoos and only managed 3 quarters against a depleted Red Legger's where Stanhope kicked 32 goals, what's giong on Simmo couldn't keep up with the pace old son?!

I see that young Simmo Harrison returned to footy this week for the Lions in the magoos and only managed 3 quarters against a depleted Red Legger's where Stanhope kicked 32 goals, what's giong on Simmo couldn't keep up with the pace old son?!

would probably think it would be a good idea to rest a player coming back from injury if your up by that much. ease him back in. no point leaving him out there with a chance of getting another injury.

that is unless he did get injured.......again??

would probably think it would be a good idea to rest a player coming back from injury if your up by that much. ease him back in. no point leaving him out there with a chance of getting another injury.

that is unless he did get injured.......again??

Come on Old Mate Gov my mate Partry Foul is on the money, Y risk it and play the last 1/4 when the game is already won by 30 goals??

No Injuries here the one and only donkey:thumbsu:

BACKS

FOLL

B.Thompson (Merr)
M.Hodgetts (Mur)
C.Sanders (Sta)

INT

N.Goodwin (Ave)
M.Grak (Lon)
R.jones (Gig)

Picking a team like this is very hard as we cant see everyone and compare accurately. But for me D.Haysom over A.Haysom. Theres better in the comp than Parsons, Martin and Busch. G.Connally(gum) and Brunt (Lan) should get in, both played GV interleague, Brunt won GVFL and PDFL medals so surely up to KDL rep standards!

G'day Mainstream .. erh.. Mainliner ..erh .. Staightliner .. whatever!!
If Acker Dacker is travelling on the road from Horsham he will have to make sure of training.
22 on the track, in the rain .. at Redlegs Stadium tonight, this Tuesd'y night. Unheard of in the days of Benalla League. More to come from this Thursd'y.
Cheers Mainland .. only jokin' cobber!

John Wabbit, that wasnt u wearing ur Cowboy hat and slacks at the game on Sat by any chance was it:D

I have to start by saying that I haven't yet caught any KDFL games this year, but would have thought that after only a handful of games so far, last year's league medallist might squeeze in somewhere, or has his form been that bad this season. Also got serious doubts on whether Thomson is the leagues best ruckman, got smashed by Roberts (Lan) in round 1 from all reports. $$ don't automatically make for good players. Nagambie and Undera look a little under-represented, given that they've got some seriously good KDL players, and Brunt would go close to forcing his way in too, as would Hansford (Sta). I guess the tough one is who misses out - Busch, Damon, Jones? Maybe a bit early in the season for this, but I like the concept.

Undera Captain Daniel Breen is very consistant and is good all over the ground. I have only seen the Rd 4 game Vs Ardy where he was very good, but he's been in the best every game except for the wet one first up against Longy. Goes under the radar a bit I'd say, but integral part of a good team.

Just found this before on a different thread. Is this disgraceful for senior country football or is it just a once off thing?

Great effort by the Tulla boys just going down against a strong Pacco. Ash Manning's boys have definately had a very tough draw starting with Glenroy, Pacco, Keilor Park and T. Lakes.

Some Ex Tulla boys are having a successful season in the WRFL, but take a look at this scoreline for Senior Football below that I noticed. DISGRACEFUL for Local Footy...
2010 Division Two Cup

NORTH SUNSHINE 1.2 1.2 0.3 3.5 (23)
ALBANVALE 15.6 28.14 48.16 67.22 (424)
GOALS:
NORTH SUNSHINE: Mallach 2 Bradford
ALBANVALE: Mohamed 16 Atik 12 Borg 10 Bligh 5 Portelli 5 Basaraba 4 Cavanagh 3 Barry 3 Azzopardi 2 Maschewski 2 Allen 2 Sirianni Karim Downs

**** me! They kicked 20.2 in the third then 19.6 in the last, pretty straight kicking for a game like that. Sides shouldn't be kicking scores like that, not good to watch!

John Wabbit, that wasnt u wearing ur Cowboy hat and slacks at the game on Sat by any chance was it:D

You Wascal Mainland!!
Was that when I was sitting down with the ten gallon cowboy hat on my lap .. as per Blazing Saddles!!
Great day at Stannie on Saturday .. 'cept for the footy.
Receptions from all Clubs have been tops.
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu::)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

97 shots on goal between the 2 sides , how much time on ? they would have finished in the dark

Game was nearly called off in the second quarter when Albanvale ruckmen went down and had to wait for an Ambo to drive onto the ground to get him. There was a 27 minute delay, three more minutes and the game would have been called off like the Tunga/Dookie 3rds match was on the w/e.

You Wascal Mainland!!
Was that when I was sitting down with the ten gallon cowboy hat on my lap .. as per Blazing Saddles!!
Great day at Stannie on Saturday .. 'cept for the footy.
Receptions from all Clubs have been tops.
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu::)

What sort of reception were you expecting vegie? I'm not sure that any clubs are going out of their way to be especially nice to Longwood because they're new to the league. Do we need to hear how great everyone has been to Longwood every week? Everyone's going to love hosting you cos' it's more often than not 4 points in the bank.

What sort of reception were you expecting vegie? I'm not sure that any clubs are going out of their way to be especially nice to Longwood because they're new to the league. Do we need to hear how great everyone has been to Longwood every week? Everyone's going to love hosting you cos' it's more often than not 4 points in the bank.

Cant wait to read JC's response to ur dribble fire, as obviously u speak for one person with ur stupid comments:thumbsdown:

Rumour doing the rounds that Girgarre may have signed 2 very good players from Tongala, one who won a b&f at a rival KDL club last year and the other a former McNamara medallist.. Surely not true Hank?

Cant wait to read JC's response to ur dribble fire, as obviously u speak for one person with ur stupid comments:thumbsdown:

At least you can understand my dribble. All i'm saying is, that most clubs in the KDFL are welcoming to ALL the other clubs, but you don't hear every other club banging on each week how well they were received by Girgarre or Rushworth or Merrigum or whoever. It should be expected that each club treats their visitors with respect and provides a decent facility for hosting football matches. Is it such as surprise to JC that this would happen? Weren't the clubs in the BDFL very welcoming to the Woodsman? Mainland - your frund in the frudge:D

Rumour doing the rounds that Girgarre may have signed 2 very good players from Tongala, one who won a b&f at a rival KDL club last year and the other a former McNamara medallist.. Surely not true Hank?

Off the mark there Trev. I doubt either would go there, deff not the former Mac medalist anyway. Hopefully we r a chance to get him back, or both for that matter. Bit of wishfull thinking:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainland
Cant wait to read JC's response to ur dribble fire, as obviously u speak for one person with ur stupid comments

At least you can understand my dribble. All i'm saying is, that most clubs in the KDFL are welcoming to ALL the other clubs, but you don't hear every other club banging on each week how well they were received by Girgarre or Rushworth or Merrigum or whoever. It should be expected that each club treats their visitors with respect and provides a decent facility for hosting football matches. Is it such as surprise to JC that this would happen? Weren't the clubs in the BDFL very welcoming to the Woodsman? Mainland - your frund in the frudge

Now foxie .. settle mate .. too much white line fever.

Actually you are right about the connectivity of the Benalla League sides over the last three years. A footy league which plays against each other four times a year can become; say like a large family at Christmas, a bit “used” to each other. ‘Specially say squaring up for whack you might have got only three weeks ago!!

Thirty years ago, Longwood and Bonnie Doon’s affinity was enhanced in the Clubs playing for the Ian “Chisa” Hamilton cup (once only in a 10 team league) at the Redlegs home match. Chisa was a top President for the Leggers but died too young in the 80’s.

In the past two seasons, Bonnie Doon became Money Doon to spend heaps and be undefeated premiers each year. Respect was lost. Did you know that Longwood were held back from moving to the KDFNL by the VCFL at the start of last year.

Nevertheless, like all the Benalla sides in the O&K, the Longwood Leggers are still regarded as the easy beats in 2010.

But the magnanimity from the Kyabram League Clubs played so far has had no regard to “guaranteed” four points expected .. and so far registered. It starts with a welcome from the blokes at the gate to a couple of beers at the social rooms before heading home. (I could imagine people lying down on the floor late on Satd’y night at Stanhope reading in blurred vision of all the flags they have suspended on the ceiling!)

We have a bye this week then away to neighbours Murch on 22 May, then Avenel at home on 29 May.

The latter may be interesting as Longwood merged with Avenel in 1956, while still playing as Reserve Grade at Longwood at 2.15 pm until 1960. Then Avenel-Longwood played 1sts and 2nds as per today at the one ground from 1961.
In 1965 many (now oldies) at Longwood played for the Avenel thirds before the Longwood town, in 1970, re-formed the Club we have today.

Could be a time that the “softness” you imply goes out the window .. eh?

Cheers Vermin Fox from the Vegieman, Carrot!!:thumbsu:;)

Well said there carrot.

I'll 2nd that Gov. Reading back over my previous posts maybe it was a bit unnecessary - please accept my apologies if any offense was caused - I was off my game that day!. Thanks for your direct, coherant and understandable reply - keep it up;)

Vermin

I'll 2nd that Gov. Reading back over my previous posts maybe it was a bit unnecessary - please accept my apologies if any offense was caused - I was off my game that day!. Thanks for your direct, coherant and understandable reply - keep it up;)

Vermin

Cheers Foxie .. so to seal the pact in blood we will both drop the "V" prefix to the names ..eh!!
I do get a bit sentimental tho' when I see the values of District Club sportmanship coming back.
Then again .. maybe famous last words ..eh??

Cheers Foxie .. so to seal the pact in blood we will both drop the "V" prefix to the names ..eh!!
I do get a bit sentimental tho' when I see the values of District Club sportmanship coming back.
Then again .. maybe famous last words ..eh??

Its good to see that everyone is getting along again:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back