KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard a very strong whisper that an ex AFL player by the name of Hadyn Lamaro will be taking over the reins.

Was in VT on Saturday to have a look around and did bring a few mates with him.

Some very keen boys and huge names being spoken about at the moment.

Very exciting times ahead for the Violet Town Football/Netball Club.

Who are the huge names Sparra?

I have heard a very strong whisper that an ex AFL player by the name of Hadyn Lamaro will be taking over the reins.

Was just about to post asking about how VT are travelling early doors this pre season. Seems like the club could be moving forward from 2010 after making the five. Personally think they needed to aswell, they were basically just making up the numbers for the five rather than being able to give the finals a fair shake up. What about the likes of Murch? How are they travelling? Avenel start Pre season later this month so it will be interesting to see what numbers rock up to their sessions

Was just about to post asking about how VT are travelling early doors this pre season. Seems like the club could be moving forward from 2010 after making the five. Personally think they needed to aswell, they were basically just making up the numbers for the five rather than being able to give the finals a fair shake up. What about the likes of Murch? How are they travelling? Avenel start Pre season later this month so it will be interesting to see what numbers rock up to their sessions

You or your club have obviously been touched up by VT at some stage:thumbsu:

You're asking the wrong bloke, but if you give Hadyn or Trots a call they might be able to help you out.

I thought he had left Mernda where he coached this year to go to Diamond Creek, but a good get for the Towners if true. Would a Sage or two, or a FOOTYBOSS be part of the coaching team?

Thought VT were as good a side as any in the Top 5, was very even comp this year. Wouldn't need to add too much to be challenging for a Premiership, especially with the two Grand Finallists looking to lose a fair few

I thought he had left Mernda where he coached this year to go to Diamond Creek, but a good get for the Towners if true. Would a Sage or two, or a FOOTYBOSS be part of the coaching team?

Sorry to disappoint Doon, but that is a negative on my behalf.

You or your club have obviously been touched up by VT at some stage:thumbsu:

No nothing like that, was simply just calling it how i saw it and if that hits a nerve then so be it. VT were a good side all year and play extremely well on there home deck. I simply just didnt see them getting too far into the September action(and was i wrong?). They were beaten by roughly 7 goals by Stanhope in the Elimination Final, who like VT i didnt really see having an impact later in that month. VT were a good side in 2010 but probably lacked the skill and work rate of the other teams when it mattered most

can someone tell me whats happening with nagambie havnt heard much news

Eddie Shiels coaching seniors with Linc Sullivan as an assistant I think.
I've heard quite a few of their premiership players are moving on, but they've produced pretty handy 3rds teams over the past 4 years and I'm sure they'll cope alright next year once the young fella's get a few more games in to them

No nothing like that, was simply just calling it how i saw it and if that hits a nerve then so be it. VT were a good side all year and play extremely well on there home deck. I simply just didnt see them getting too far into the September action(and was i wrong?). They were beaten by roughly 7 goals by Stanhope in the Elimination Final, who like VT i didnt really see having an impact later in that month. VT were a good side in 2010 but probably lacked the skill and work rate of the other teams when it mattered most

Hopefully we can improve for you in 2011 with the recent signing of Hadyn Lamaro as coach and another 8 teammates from Mernda following Hadyn up the freeway.

We expect these 9 (so far) new additions to make a huge impression in the KDFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we can improve for you in 2011 with the recent signing of Hadyn Lamaro as coach and another 8 teammates from Mernda following Hadyn up the freeway.

Sounds like VT are going to have a fair crack at it next year if this is the case. Will there be a few VT players looking for new clubs next season given there is only 12 spots (so far) left in the ones?

My mail out of Merda is that 9 players is off the mark but if your right Sparra good luck to you. Given they're signed Sparra care to put up the names?

Is that 100% a done deal Sparra???

Depending on who the 9 players are as to how much they will make an impression on the KDFL.

Sounds like VT are going to have a fair crack at it next year if this is the case. Will there be a few VT players looking for new clubs next season given there is only 12 spots (so far) left in the ones?

My mail out of Merda is that 9 players is off the mark but if your right Sparra good luck to you. Given they're signed Sparra care to put up the names?
Eggy Dyer will be returning, he broke his leg 2 weeks before the start of the 2010 season. He played back pocket in 2009.
We've got a couple moving away,
R. Smyth to London and S. Ellis to Perth.
G. Ryan might be retiring..
Plus there are 3 or 4 that ae 50-50 about 2011 and have been since we lost the elimination final this year.
Hopefully with us finally having a coach for next year and hopefully a few quality recruits to come along as well with him, then the blokes that were 50-50 will see the opportunity we have next year and they'll hopefully get back on board.
And then there's the other blokes from nearby towns that might decide to jump ship and get on a good train with a bit of prodding and sweet talking inbetween now and April with a bit of luck.....

Cmon Bodzy we all know the lid is well and truly off at the 'Den for 2011. Having a huge crack at the flag. Very hard to beat you would think with all this recruiting.

Cmon Bodzy we all know the lid is well and truly off at the 'Den for 2011. Having a huge crack at the flag. Very hard to beat you would think with all this recruiting.

Bodzy might have his fingers crossed that there isn't anymore recruiting or he might be running around in the Midday show;)

Exciting times at Violet Town, Lamaro lives in Melbourne so who is gonna look after the training of the squad in VT?? And with quite a few of the 1s being from melb are they gonna be having 5-10 at training in mid winter won't be good for team cohesion. Good luck to violet town, but there is alot of work there to be done still behind the scenes to get things working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back