Not open for further replies.

white line

Debutant
May 1, 2007
shep
AFL Club
Collingwood
Undera

We started training two weeks ago, with around 30 odd on the track and this weekend we are having a pre season training camp out at dookie campus ( hopefully not to many get lost in the hills).

Gavin gledhill is chairman of selectors and off field coach and troy Riodian (shep united) twos coach and david frizzell coaching the thirds again.

Losses- Spiros, bigshow, Benny S (only played 8 games last year) Shagger and Beeza, joely boyer

Ins- Joely la porta, james hainsworth, luke anderson, andrew dowell, greg paul Vanpopering (katandra) and kristan speeckly ( wanghui) Jarrad backway, jack hardo and benny mc expected to step it up from the thirds from last year. Hopefully announce a few more in the next month.

Going miss the quality in the losses, hopefully we can draw from the two's who went through underfeated in till the granny. Going to be a very even comp this year!! Very excited

Fencesitting

Rookie
Aug 13, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Undera

We started training two weeks ago, with around 30 odd on the track and this weekend we are having a pre season training camp out at dookie campus ( hopefully not to many get lost in the hills).

Gavin gledhill is chairman of selectors and off field coach and troy Riodian (shep united) twos coach and david frizzell coaching the thirds again.

Losses- Spiros, bigshow, Benny S (only played 8 games last year) Shagger and Beeza, joely boyer

Ins- Joely la porta, james hainsworth, luke anderson, andrew dowell, greg paul Vanpopering (katandra) and kristan speeckly ( wanghui) Jarrad backway, jack hardo and benny mc expected to step it up from the thirds from last year. Hopefully announce a few more in the next month.

Going miss the quality in the losses, hopefully we can draw from the two's who went through underfeated in till the granny. Going to be a very even comp this year!! Very excited

So out of your top say 8 you have lost 5? thats alot of gaps to fill. Best full back in the comp gone, one of the premier wingman gone, small bloke who was top 3 league goal kicking gone, b&f winner gone and KDL champ in Ben S gone. For Underas sake I hope your recruits can play.

white line

Debutant
May 1, 2007
shep
AFL Club
Collingwood
So out of your top say 8 you have lost 5? thats alot of gaps to fill. Best full back in the comp gone, one of the premier wingman gone, small bloke who was top 3 league goal kicking gone, b&f winner gone and KDL champ in Ben S gone. For Underas sake I hope your recruits can play.

Well summed up!! Like i said it should be a even comp with all the other sides around the same mark with gains and losses.

How is murchison looking this year fence sitter?? I heard on the radio training has started? Whats your movements?

dwyane WADE show

Senior List
Jul 1, 2007
Wallan
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Avenel Swans & Wallan Magpies
Avenel started back into preseason last week gettin numbers of about 25, so not huge numbers but hopefully a few more will get up there in the coming weeks as we head to round 1.
Any sides got praccy games lined up yet?
Anyone wanna have a crack at what the ladder might end up at seasons end?
This is just a stab in the dark as i haven't really heard much on alot of clubs
1. Stanhope
2. Lancaster
3. Violet Town
4. Undera
5. Avenel
6. Nagambie
7. Rushworth
8. Murchison
9. Merrigum
10. Tallygaroopna
11. Longwood
12. Girgarre
13. Ardmona

showy#1

Debutant
Aug 10, 2006
nagambie
AFL Club
Essendon
Avenel started back into preseason last week gettin numbers of about 25, so not huge numbers but hopefully a few more will get up there in the coming weeks as we head to round 1.
1. Stanhope
2. Lancaster
3. Violet Town
4. Undera
5. Avenel
6. Nagambie
7. Rushworth
8. Murchison
9. Merrigum
10. Tallygaroopna
11. Longwood
12. Girgarre
13. Ardmona
avenel will finish near the bottom

BODZY#32

Team Captain
May 24, 2006
Deep in Defence
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Micky Martin
1. Stanhope
2. Lancaster
3. Violet Town
4. Undera
5. Avenel
6. Nagambie
7. Rushworth
8. Murchison
9. Merrigum
10. Tallygaroopna
11. Longwood
12. Girgarre
13. Ardmona
I'd have Rushy in the top 5 based on their recruits so far, maybe slot them into 4th and put Undera at 5th and put Avenel between Murch and Merrigum. But who has any idea really, only just about to scrape into February.... Long time to go yet before even round 1....
VT has its first praccy match against Benalla All Blacks on March 12th I think, we play them annually if possible to reignite the 'Hayes/Plum' Memorial Trophy that we used to play for back in the good old Central Goulburn days

BODZY#32

Team Captain
May 24, 2006
Deep in Defence
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Micky Martin
Finished recruiting Bodzy? Hows training been going with Hayden at the helm??
Training's been great, all very solid sessions to date. Not sure about the recruiting side of things, I'm sure every coach would still be yapping on the phone to many potential players. We'll get a bit of a feel of where we're at when we play our first praccy, Benalla All Blacks think they'll be up there in the O&K, so it should be a great hit-out

The Toecutter

All Australian
Feb 25, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Essendon
How's Longwood shaping up for 2011? Once upon a time if you couldn't get a game for Seymour you went to Avenel and if you couldn't get a game there you went to Longwood.;) So if Avenel struggle where will the Redlegs finish up?:confused:

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
How's Longwood shaping up for 2011? Once upon a time if you couldn't get a game for Seymour you went to Avenel and if you couldn't get a game there you went to Longwood.;) So if Avenel struggle where will the Redlegs finish up?:confused:

G’day to the Podiatrist or is the Toe Cutting in a Farriers job?
Or are you like me as a factory accountant, charged to be hell bent on reducing shift costs (toe cutting people) to get a ROI within three years!!

That’s a buggra.. but that’s the business of corporates!! Bit like footy club player payments ..eh?

In footy; as you said Toey, if you didn’t get a game at Longwood did you move forward ..(as Joolyia would say) to Violet Town?
Natch you’d be in Euroa seconds if you didn’t go that far so you would stay at Seymour for that ..

But Sparra?
How is the new broom at VT going?

Not a smart asked question Warren. A pre-season g’day.

Ricki Shiner is proving to be invaluable as the Leggers Coach this year with some local Longwood lads signing up to come back to the “Old Longwood 1” ..as the sign says on the freeway heading north!

Gerard Hamill of GHD Diesel’s business in Longwood – kerching, kerching – another ad Ged!! .. Is acknowledged by his obvious commitment in taking on the President job and dare I use management speak?
He is very pro-active in the job ... (don’t you hate those phrases..).
Doing great work are Ged and Ricki. Getting many on-side.
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
G’day to the Podiatrist or is the Toe Cutting in a Farriers job?
Or are you like me as a factory accountant, charged to be hell bent on reducing shift costs (toe cutting people) to get a ROI within three years!!

That’s a buggra.. but that’s the business of corporates!! Bit like footy club player payments ..eh?

In footy; as you said Toey, if you didn’t get a game at Longwood did you move forward ..(as Joolyia would say) to Violet Town?
Natch you’d be in Euroa seconds if you didn’t go that far so you would stay at Seymour for that ..

But Sparra?
How is the new broom at VT going?

Not a smart asked question Warren. A pre-season g’day.

Ricki Shiner is proving to be invaluable as the Leggers Coach this year with some local Longwood lads signing up to come back to the “Old Longwood 1” ..as the sign says on the freeway heading north!

Gerard Hamill of GHD Diesel’s business in Longwood – kerching, kerching – another ad Ged!! .. Is acknowledged by his obvious commitment in taking on the President job and dare I use management speak?
He is very pro-active in the job ... (don’t you hate those phrases..).
Doing great work are Ged and Ricki. Getting many on-side.
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

Good to hear that things are going OK Bugs!

Once again I think we only play you're mob once and again at our dung hill. So I will make sure the nectar of the gods if flowing freely and icy cold.

We believe we have recruited strongly but only time will tell. Jaxbac has been working his little;) ring hole off to help our club go further up the ladder of success both onfield and off field.

All the best

dwyane WADE show

Senior List
Jul 1, 2007
Wallan
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Avenel Swans & Wallan Magpies
Hey lancastralia or anyone from up at the wombats tell me whether or not a player named jackson charles has been training up there or not?

Blackpooler88

Rookie
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blackpool Fc
Did hear that there was to be a meeting held tonight,(wed 2nd jan).
about not having any players, and none coming on the future.

cant say id be that sad too see em gone, but hopefully they sort it out

anyone know anything recruit wise?

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
Good to hear that things are going OK Bugs!

Once again I think we only play you're mob once and again at our dung hill. So I will make sure the nectar of the gods if flowing freely and icy cold.

We believe we have recruited strongly but only time will tell. Jaxbac has been working his little;) ring hole off to help our club go further up the ladder of success both onfield and off field.

All the best
G’day Sparra
Firstly the oncer that we do play is on the Sunday of some persons birthday .. I’m a republican – not a publican and Queen Elizabeth’s birthday is actually in April! Sorry .. I digress with dribble.

I’ll start again. We play you at the magnificent turf wicket where I made many runs and excelled against the ‘Town with stumpings and catches as a “wicked” keeper in the 60’s and 70’s .. Longwood won the B Grade premiership there against Tamleugh in 1965 when I played as a 14 year old and Tom Brodie ..

Arh! For f’sake SHUTUP you silly old buggra and get to the POINT!!!!
Erhm .. sorry.

On the Sunday of the Queen’s birthday weekend, Longwood visit the VT for a match .. which is fine as the public holiday Monday allows recovery for players the next day (also for you and me to recover from eating your aforementioned nectarines of the gods!! Que?).

Meantime, a representative of the “Pulse of the Valley – One FM” has told me in the past that if the Leggers play on a Sunday all stops will be out to have a live call.
Together with what you guys have done with Barassi up there for the country footy things in the past, we’ve got to lock horns and get people away from Fox sport on Sunday to the other Fox on that day ... get my drift ??
Cheers Cob
John Carrot
Ps Cheers also to Jaxbac. If he is working his “ring off” I just hope he hasn’t got the Trotters!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back