Kdfl - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at the draw for the U/18's. Is it the correct draw as they are not following the seniors?
I would think that would make it difficult for clubs who sometimes need thirds players to fill in for Seniors, especially for away games. And for some coaches of thirds teams who are also senior players.

I was just looking at the draw for the U/18's. Is it the correct draw as they are not following the seniors?
I would think that would make it difficult for clubs who sometimes need thirds players to fill in for Seniors, especially for away games. And for some coaches of thirds teams who are also senior players.
I would say that it would be a mistake, if not it would be incredibly impractical and difficult to manage.

as well as trainers, team managers etc etc - load of $hit if in fact true

Ryan Patten has now also decided to join his younger brother and old man in travelling to Mt. Pleasant for a kick.
Another big loss for the Lions, u can make your own mind up as to why an 18 & 20 year old would leave their home club and town they live in to play for another minor league club close to an hour away!! I'm sure there footy will go ahead in leaps and bounds. (Especially when one of the reasons Patto gave for stepping down was to allow his kids to play some footy without the burden of there old man around, now it looks like he will be a coach at their new club)

On a brighter note the key position stocks at Stanhope are looking like they may get a well needed boost for the coming season.

Ryan Patten has now also decided to join his younger brother and old man in travelling to Mt. Pleasant for a kick.
Another big loss for the Lions, u can make your own mind up as to why an 18 & 20 year old would leave their home club and town they live in to play for another minor league club close to an hour away!! I'm sure there footy will go ahead in leaps and bounds. (Especially when one of the reasons Patto gave for stepping down was to allow his kids to play some footy without the burden of there old man around, now it looks like he will be a coach at their new club)

On a brighter note the key position stocks at Stanhope are looking like they may get a well needed boost for the coming season.

whack whack

whack whack

Fair enough!at the end of the day it's money over loyalty!I really don't get why today's players(especially young blokes) don't want to turn out for their home club! Pretty poor form especially if a club has put hours of work into their development. Ok if they go and try luck at higher level.Too many players with short memories!!!!!!

sorry to beignorant here, where is mt.pleasant and what league are they in.

also according to my source {mr.pattern himself]in 2009, he would play at satnhope until oldboy left then would consider a move to GVL setup, most likley Shepp.

sorry to beignorant here, where is mt.pleasant and what league are they in.

also according to my source {mr.pattern himself]in 2009, he would play at satnhope until oldboy left then would consider a move to GVL setup, most likley Shepp.
Mt. Pleasant are in the Heathcote league, the club is based in Toolleen.

Leaving a club on the up for a club that will only be mediocre in the HDFL is an odd decision; particularly when the club on the up is your home club. You would imagine the obvious reason would be money, or perhaps there is something they didn't like about the Stanhope FNC.

There have been plenty of Stanhope guys, or guys from all clubs in teh VCFL for that matter who play elsewhere at some stage.

We've all used the "cost to develop a junior" and "play for your home club" spiel over the journey but so what if they wanna go have a run elsewhere, many have before them and many will after. As long as clubs involved in such instances wish their boys well and leave the door open then it all turns around more often than not and one day they'll retun - in this case maybe like Hank with a wealth of knowledge and plenty to give back for the experiences away from home.

Even better to have a look around whilst dad can drive each week and pay for the petrol.

There have been plenty of Stanhope guys, or guys from all clubs in teh VCFL for that matter who play elsewhere at some stage.

We've all used the "cost to develop a junior" and "play for your home club" spiel over the journey but so what if they wanna go have a run elsewhere, many have before them and many will after. As long as clubs involved in such instances wish their boys well and leave the door open then it all turns around more often than not and one day they'll retun - in this case maybe like Hank with a wealth of knowledge and plenty to give back for the experiences away from home.

Even better to have a look around whilst dad can drive each week and pay for the petrol.

hear ya Doon, as I've been back and forth from Stanhope over the past decade or so. Always been to a higher level though and for a coaching gig (also in a major league).
Grints has obviously got a connection with Patto and has targeted them and knows what he is getting and good luck to them all. Ryan will be a good player in the Heathcote league. Jye will probably be playing under his father in the twos for most of the year if they are going to be competitive, as the Heathcote League is a better Minor league than the KDL and he didn't get a game in Stanhope's senior side in last years finals. Interesting to see if he will be paid his money to play in the twos. Grints had a 50/50 strike rate with his paid recruits last year at Stanhope with them playing in the early game or late game. :D I hope for Mounts sake he does a bit more background work on his recruits now he is the main man,:thumbsu::p

hear ya Doon, as I've been back and forth from Stanhope over the past decade or so. Always been to a higher level though and for a coaching gig (also in a major league).
Grints has obviously got a connection with Patto and has targeted them and knows what he is getting and good luck to them all. Ryan will be a good player in the Heathcote league. Jye will probably be playing under his father in the twos for most of the year if they are going to be competitive, as the Heathcote League is a better Minor league than the KDL and he didn't get a game in Stanhope's senior side in last years finals. Interesting to see if he will be paid his money to play in the twos. Grints had a 50/50 strike rate with his paid recruits last year at Stanhope with them playing in the early game or late game. :D I hope for Mounts sake he does a bit more background work on his recruits now he is the main man,:thumbsu::p

I think both boys will probly play one's as Mounts will be a fair way behind the top teams so a run in a "better" minor VCFL comp as you put it, so it might work in Stanhope's favour down the track to have both lads exposed to some good senior footy :thumbsu:

Get over yourself Hank (you sound like a wank).
What difference does it make "higher level"???
Its a game!!!
And its time w***ers like you leave the higher level out of everyones elses reasons to play the game.
If playing at a higher level was so important what are you doinig at a country cow town?
KDFL higher level, take another trip dude!!!!!!

Get off your soap box tosser. If your home club and playing footy at a higher level are your only two drivers, would I be right in assuming you have never, ever taken a dollar from any club to play/coach footy then..... haha. Yeah ,right. Hypocrite! Don't remember you paying out on Rob Bennett when he left his home club of North Bendigo to play at Stanhope! Hypocrite x 2!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get over yourself Hank (you sound like a wank).
What difference does it make "higher level"???
Its a game!!!
And its time w***ers like you leave the higher level out of everyones elses reasons to play the game.
If playing at a higher level was so important what are you doinig at a country cow town?
KDFL higher level, take another trip dude!!!!!!

As I said HDFL is a slightly better league than the KDFL so not sure what your on about there, obviously not reading what I said.

Been there and done that as to your higher level rant, and I have lived all my life in the country cow town so now that I'm a washed up never been I'm playing & coaching the 3rds at the club that gave me my start in the game.

Get off your soap box tosser. If your home club and playing footy at a higher level are your only two drivers, would I be right in assuming you have never, ever taken a dollar from any club to play/coach footy then..... haha. Yeah ,right. Hypocrite! Don't remember you paying out on Rob Bennett when he left his home club of North Bendigo to play at Stanhope! Hypocrite x 2!!!

Home club and playing footy at a higher level have been my only two real drivers? yes. Have I been offered and taken money for playing and coaching football? yes.
Have I ever made a decision on where I have played based on money? no.
Wasn't at Stanhope when Rob Bennett came to the club, but I can certainly say a 30+ year old leaving his home club after giving good service is a fine example to compare with what I have brought up for your rant.
Only problem is I am talking about an 18yr old who has played a handful of senior games and a 20 yr old who has shown in around 50 snr games of football that he can play the game at a higher level.

Look I didnt expect to get this much airplay on this subject, it was just letting people know that we had also lost Ryan and I decided to take a little dig at the circumstances for their decision to leave, and from there it has grown legs.

Stand by everything I have said, but wasn't meant to be a big hit on Ryan & Jye, as we all know there has been many before them and will be even more after them make decisions about their footy based more so on money than anything else. Doesn't mean I have to agree with those motives, or that I expect anyone else to conform to my thoughts. This is a forum full of opinions after all:thumbsu:

Home club and playing footy at a higher level have been my only two real drivers? yes. Have I been offered and taken money for playing and coaching football? yes.
Have I ever made a decision on where I have played based on money? no.
Wasn't at Stanhope when Rob Bennett came to the club, but I can certainly say a 30+ year old leaving his home club after giving good service is a fine example to compare with what I have brought up for your rant.
Only problem is I am talking about an 18yr old who has played a handful of senior games and a 20 yr old who has shown in around 50 snr games of football that he can play the game at a higher level.

Look I didnt expect to get this much airplay on this subject, it was just letting people know that we had also lost Ryan and I decided to take a little dig at the circumstances for their decision to leave, and from there it has grown legs.

Stand by everything I have said, but wasn't meant to be a big hit on Ryan & Jye, as we all know there has been many before them and will be even more after them make decisions about their footy based more so on money than anything else. Doesn't mean I have to agree with those motives, or that I expect anyone else to conform to my thoughts. This is a forum full of opinions after all:thumbsu:

there is no loyalty in footy anymore, in the old days, you play for pride of the jumper,town,community ect now you just do it until your contract expires and offer more bagingos($$)elsewere

there is no loyalty in footy anymore, in the old days, you play for pride of the jumper,town,community ect now you just do it until your contract expires and offer more bagingos($$)elsewere
Thats crap too!
Players have always been taking payments to play.

I understand all the loyalty talk and how money hungry people are ruining clubs etc but don't agree with all of it. There are a lot of people who are struggling for cash in this world. If they can make a couple of extra quid by playing at a certain club who is to say that is a bad thing? I mean get a grip, yeah a footy club is important for the community and what ever but I think a persons financial wellbeing is much more important. Not everyone can afford to take the moral high ground.

I understand all the loyalty talk and how money hungry people are ruining clubs etc but don't agree with all of it. There are a lot of people who are struggling for cash in this world. If they can make a couple of extra quid by playing at a certain club who is to say that is a bad thing? I mean get a grip, yeah a footy club is important for the community and what ever but I think a persons financial wellbeing is much more important. Not everyone can afford to take the moral high ground.
I think you are too close to juddy's back pocket,it starting to come out your mouth.:D

Lamaro knocked back again.
Latest is that Lancy are now going to keep majority of their list, think Dirty might blow another gasket when he realises Steve Thomson isnt heading back to Ky. With their additions you'd have to have Lancy as Favourites at this point in time.

im not suggesting players shouldnt be paid if they are of good quality,but the effort clubs put into some of these blokes, only for them to leave for more bagingo($$) is really not good. durbridge at swans "they cut my contract so what is the point of staying" er..they helped you win the league medal and gain respect of the community, but as soon as there is nothing for you you pack up.

i pity you if you think money is the most important thin in this world.:club:

im not suggesting players shouldnt be paid if they are of good quality,but the effort clubs put into some of these blokes, only for them to leave for more bagingo($$) is really not good. durbridge at swans "they cut my contract so what is the point of staying" er..they helped you win the league medal and gain respect of the community, but as soon as there is nothing for you you pack up.

i pity you if you think money is the most important thin in this world.:club:
I pity you if you think footy is the most important thing in the world.

Money is not the most important thing in the world, not even close, but it does place a roof over your family's head and puts food on the table. All i was trying to say was if i had the choice between being able to provide for my family better or remain loyal to my local club i know what i'd choose. Ideally they would be mutually exclusive events but sometimes this isn't reality.

I pity you if you think footy is the most important thing in the world.

Money is not the most important thing in the world, not even close, but it does place a roof over your family's head and puts food on the table. All i was trying to say was if i had the choice between being able to provide for my family better or remain loyal to my local club i know what i'd choose. Ideally they would be mutually exclusive events but sometimes this isn't reality.

Wow, that's deep bro...:rolleyes:

Rushworth very active with clearances.

The Tim Wicks/Jason Webb ruck combination will make things tough for opposition sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back