Kdfl - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pity you if you think footy is the most important thing in the world.

Money is not the most important thing in the world, not even close, but it does place a roof over your family's head and puts food on the table. All i was trying to say was if i had the choice between being able to provide for my family better or remain loyal to my local club i know what i'd choose. Ideally they would be mutually exclusive events but sometimes this isn't reality.

G’day Andrew
Geez mate I’ve been biting my lip over this stuff of “district” players expecting to make a living out of playing footy but now I’ve got to come charging in on my favourite hobby horse!!

Firstly, get a Monday to Friday job to put food on the table.

Secondly, (if you are a Gen Yer and need a roof over head .. may your god help you cos you poor buggras will never own your own home) .. if you want to get paid on Satd’y afternoon get a second job stacking shelves at Safeway.

Thirdly, next time you are at footy training don’t ask your President, Secretary, Treasurer, committee etc.etc. how much they get paid to provide footy for you “district level” footballers. Ask how much it COSTS them a year to volunteer for those jobs!!

I’ve been banging on about this since the last century. Don’t accuse me of living in sixties .. playing for the jumper! The economic facts are that if small town “DISTRICT” footy is to survive FOOTBALLERS are entitled to some recompense for the cost of playing. This is where the sponsors come in. Discounted petrol, a motel room for the family at single rates, 2 meals for the price of one at pubs and restaraunts.

Those sponsors rewarded by extensive advertising and word of mouth support for what is essentially a tax deduction anyway.

Also say $40-$50 bucks a WIN for ALL senior players with the expectation to recycle at Club social functions and a healthy, transparent match day awards system for the champs!!

If you reckon that doesn’t make sense .. see you at Safeway on Satd’y!!!

Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:
Ps Sorry for the occasional YELLING in capital letters!!:)

Lamaro knocked back again.
Latest is that Lancy are now going to keep majority of their list, think Dirty might blow another gasket when he realises Steve Thomson isnt heading back to Ky. With their additions you'd have to have Lancy as Favourites at this point in time.

where can i get a bet on the kdl hank ?

G’day Andrew
Geez mate I’ve been biting my lip over this stuff of “district” players expecting to make a living out of playing footy but now I’ve got to come charging in on my favourite hobby horse!!

Secondly, (if you are a Gen Yer and need a roof over head .. may your god help you cos you poor buggras will never own your own home) .. if you want to get paid on Satd’y afternoon get a second job stacking shelves at Safeway.

Thirdly, next time you are at footy training don’t ask your President, Secretary, Treasurer, committee etc.etc. how much they get paid to provide footy for you “district level” footballers. Ask how much it COSTS them a year to volunteer for those jobs!!

I’ve been banging on about this since the last century. Don’t accuse me of living in sixties .. playing for the jumper! The economic facts are that if small town “DISTRICT” footy is to survive FOOTBALLERS are entitled to some recompense for the cost of playing. This is where the sponsors come in. Discounted petrol, a motel room for the family at single rates, 2 meals for the price of one at pubs and restaraunts.

Those sponsors rewarded by extensive advertising and word of mouth support for what is essentially a tax deduction anyway.

Also say $40-$50 bucks a WIN for ALL senior players with the expectation to recycle at Club social functions and a healthy, transparent match day awards system for the champs!!

Cheers
john you need to recruit good experienced players into your club to generate a bit of a buzz around the town. and the fact of the matter is you have to pay them. each club has a budget and if they stick to it there should be no problem. so mate get off your high horse. dont get involved on a committee if your going to continually winge.

Who has been impressing on the track for their respective clubs so far in the pre-season?
At Stanhope there are a few, Lukas Hanslow has taken another step forward and I feel this could be a big year from him.
Young Hayden Durston who won our Under 18's B&F last year is also looking impressive when he is there and will be pushing for a senior spot.
Ryan Logan and our own Hank are also looking good whilst the evergreen Leigh Hall continues to do what he does best.

Back of the Free Press this morning confirm Meka and Nunn signed at Lancy and that Steve Thompson is staying.

Like Hank has said Lancy look to be shaping up well and would be odds on favourites as much as you can be at this stage of the year.

Who has been impressing on the track for their respective clubs so far in the pre-season?
At Stanhope there are a few, Lukas Hanslow has taken another step forward and I feel this could be a big year from him.
Young Hayden Durston who won our Under 18's B&F last year is also looking impressive when he is there and will be pushing for a senior spot.
Ryan Logan and our own Hank are also looking good whilst the evergreen Leigh Hall continues to do what he does best.

After whetting his appetite on a handful of senior games last year, it looks like Brad Robinson might take the next step and cement himself as a senior footballer!! A lot will depend on his application once he takes off back to uni though:D

After whetting his appetite on a handful of senior games last year, it looks like Brad Robinson might take the next step and cement himself as a senior footballer!! A lot will depend on his application once he takes off back to uni though:D

I don't think there will be any problems this time around haha ;)

G’day Andrew

Cheers

well said veggo:thumbsu::cool:

plenty of real jobs in the paper fellas...start lookin

G’day Andrew

Cheers
That is one of the best reply's I've read for a long time. :thumbsu:

Latest is that Lancy are now going to keep majority of their list, think Dirty might blow another gasket when he realises Steve Thomson isnt heading back to Ky. With their additions you'd have to have Lancy as Favourites at this point in time.

Is anyone aware of a Peter Deangelis from Violet town...???

Couple of Riddell DFL clubs battling to obtain the services of guys apparently "under contract" with Melbourne clubs - so unless Hayden signed a two-year gig or owes cash or club property it should be sweet.

It does appear however that the whole VicMetro attitude towards contracts is a lot different to that "in the bush"

Sparra and Bodzy, VT v's Benalla AB 6th March at Benalla so I'm told....Hope it's as close as last year....

JC, g'day old timer. Good to see you still recycling jokes we all heard in grade 5.....S'pose you've got a lot more time onyour hands since heading a bit closer to the Sth Pole....:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Couple of Riddell DFL clubs battling to obtain the services of guys apparently "under contract" with Melbourne clubs - so unless Hayden signed a two-year gig or owes cash or club property it should be sweet.

It does appear however that the whole VicMetro attitude towards contracts is a lot different to that "in the bush"
speaking of riddell league,hot off the press gerard liddell has signed at the swannies as assisstant coach to coxy. i also hear a number signings to follow. the swans seem to have plenty of small forwards, they could do with another subba type player who rotate between f.f and c.h.f. the avenel boys might be on the improve.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Longwood getting a few clearances there way, including locals, most notably brothers Robbo and Varcs. Should help their on-ball brigade at least

Sparra and Bodzy, VT v's Benalla AB 6th March at Benalla so I'm told....Hope it's as close as last year....

JC, g'day old timer. Good to see you still recycling jokes we all heard in grade 5.....S'pose you've got a lot more time onyour hands since heading a bit closer to the Sth Pole....:thumbsu::thumbsu:
I thought our match was 13th March but not 100% sure. Yeah last year it was goal for goal, was a great 6 quarter hit-out! I've heard Blacks think they're in with a show in the O & K again so hopefully she'll be another good annual praccy match

Yeh Slimbo me old cobber..
I’m still kicking in after a few relaxers on Frid’y night must confess.
Longwood are bubbling along. Couple of new comeback local lads signed but now injured which could be the season or at least most of it at this time.

But it will be magic to brothers see Varcs and Jesse Robbo in the same side.

We reckon we will triple our winning quota from last year.

Yeh I know .. I’m a bean counter but to go from 2 wins to 6 wins is an improvement in my book. (But don’t ask me yet who or where those wins will come from!) It’s February for Cripes sake!

Finally your criticism of a joke which I had recently heard from our horsie sponsors at the Stadium!
Slim mate .. you are exposing yourself as a footballer of the ilk of the legendary Tiger Jack Dyer!!
Jack was kept down in grade 3 for 4 years.
If you heard that one in Grade 5 you would have been in young adulthood!

Cheers to the Slimbo Bimbo from the Vegie Man
John Carrot:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Ps Have discovered down south that Broccolini is better tucker than Broccoli..:)

john you need to recruit good experienced players into your club to generate a bit of a buzz around the town. and the fact of the matter is you have to pay them. each club has a budget and if they stick to it there should be no problem. so mate get off your high horse. dont get involved on a committee if your going to continually winge.
i think you need to worry a bit more about whats going on at avenel COXY rather than whats going on at longwood or anywhere else

i think you need to worry a bit more about whats going on at avenel COXY rather than whats going on at longwood or anywhere else

There's a card game called UNO which you play with your kids .. until they grow up and take your money with some version of poker called "Texas Hold 'Em"!
I think "I know" what you are saying UNO..

If you have young kids get them playing footy/netter .. but make sure they can't watch the Pay TV channels which has Texas Hold Em on the SPORTS channel .. mucking re****able!!
Cheers

I know it may be a wee bit early to ask this question, but are there any KDFL clubs that have already organized dates and times for practice matches ? and if so, are there any clubs that are doing the round-robin thing ? (are there any clubs in the area that are still running those in 2011 ?).

It's just that cricket's been a real bust this year with all the rain and all, and I'm kind of looking forward for the footy season, only because they still play in the rain :D.

I know it may be a wee bit early to ask this question, but are there any KDFL clubs that have already organized dates and times for practice matches ? and if so, are there any clubs that are doing the round-robin thing ? (are there any clubs in the area that are still running those in 2011 ?).

It's just that cricket's been a real bust this year with all the rain and all, and I'm kind of looking forward for the footy season, only because they still play in the rain :D.

Stanhope play Colbo in a 6 quarter game (or 6 1/6th game for you smart people) at Stanhope @ 7pm on Friday March 18th.
Looking for another game on Friday March 25th.
The U/18's are playing in the Stanhope Junior series which starts on Wednesday March 16th and finishes with the finals on Sunday March 27th.

Undera has 3 practice matches in March against Greta, Shepp East and Katandra. Can't wait to dust the boots off.

Undera has 3 practice matches in March against Greta, Shepp East and Katandra. Can't wait to dust the boots off.

VT play Benalla All Backs and Greta in March, still looking for a 3rd match I think, not ideal for us to just have the two praccy matches as we also have the wasted round 1 bye....
Should be good to see how both of us go against Greta.. Knows it's only a praccy but it should still give us a little bit of a measuring guide

VT play Benalla All Backs and Greta in March, still looking for a 3rd match I think, not ideal for us to just have the two praccy matches as we also have the wasted round 1 bye....
Should be good to see how both of us go against Greta.. Knows it's only a praccy but it should still give us a little bit of a measuring guide

Sounds like stanhope are looking for a practice match as wel BC, that could be a another good measuring stick for VT lol. Match makers

Lamaro knocked back for a 3rd time, whats the story?
Stanhope have hit a full senior side on the departure list, 18 players that played atleast 1 senior game last year are gone.
Still had high 30's on the track last night though which is a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back