Kdfl - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JC, below is a link to the MPNFL setup. http://www.vcfl.com.au/fileadmin/us.../Player_Remuneration_Guide/MPNFL_PPS_2010.pdf
All leagues are a bit different, some have different point allocations for each team in relation to their population, some are all the same. Most have about 40 points per team, each player is worth a minimum of one point. Points are added to each players worth depending on playing/being recruited from a major league, AFL, another club in the same league etc, points are also deducted if the player is returning to a club they have previously played for, amount of time since they have played major league, AFL, TAC cup. Most systems have an addition of 2 points for players coming from a club in the same league, so that would mean a deterrent would occur for clubs to recruit from within the league. An example; Daniel Harris recruited to Rushy, Straight out of AFL with 100 senior games, so max 5points, but because played juniors at the club take off 2 points to make him worth 3 points, if he went to any other club he would be worth 5 points. Each year that a player plays at a club they lose a point, so in the case above Harris would be back to a 1 point player for his 3rd year.
Reckon it would be ok, not sure it would change much though, this year the main club that it may have affected would have been VT as most of there recruits hadn't played at the club before, but in saying that they may have had room to move due to most of the players at the club would have been on the minimum 1 point. It puts an emphasis on recruiting ex players and not recruiting from rival clubs, it also puts an emphasis on clubs to keep recruits as they go down in points each year they are there.

More on this in todays weekly times

Any mention of some big recruits to Violet Town? Im under the impression that a fair clump of Heidelbergs side is heading that way.
Very handy if so.

Funny this was mentioned as I was talking to a good mate from Heidelberg tonight. Ex euroa guns Russell lee & matt whelan gave committed & are taking good mate and gun on-baller Jake Williams with them. Any major league club would be over the moon with them, so a district level club close to the mark would be beside themselves. All really good blokes, too, I played 3yrs with both Russ & wheels and have met Jake a few times. Congrats VT, they're very impressive signings.

Ex Mooroopna guns ^^^. VT unbackable fav right now. Towners having a fair crack next year by the looks ;-)

Beat me to it supastar, living up to your name mate.. And yeh, it's Craig whelan, not matt & him and Russ were at the cats. Wheels jagged sixty in the GV one year & I reckon Russ went close to winning the Morrison.. Williams is the pick of them, though, would be a top line player in the GV.

Wheels kicked 11 in a Northern League game this year, prior to popping his shoulder good and proper.

As mentioned Jake is the pick. Get on him for the league BnF now. 30+ touches a game.

Yes I believe there is some handy talent in the pipeline. Maybe Bodzy or Jax could shed some light.
Hey Supastarr, long time. Been on holidays for awhile now in the land of the coconut bra so this is all news to me. Are these blokes you suggested really that good, if so can you give me their numbers:D

Beat me to it supastar, living up to your name mate.. And yeh, it's Craig whelan, not matt & him and Russ were at the cats. Wheels jagged sixty in the GV one year & I reckon Russ went close to winning the Morrison.. Williams is the pick of them, though, would be a top line player in the GV.

Pretty sure l know the bloke you are talking about and can tell you he does not know how much we are spending, he just thinks he does. Yes we are spending more this year than we have in previous years but due to alot of hard work by alot of people for a few years now we certainly can afford to...

Looks like VT will be pioneering the distribution of group certificates for players next year. Still, it is the silly season for next five months!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats wrong Woody Woodpecker.
:confused::confused:

Think he's just suggesting that you're renumerating a lot of your recruits quite well.. And good luck to you if you are, if you've done the hard work to raise the funds and have sold your club well enough to get the prize recruits, more the strength to you.

Just don't go suggesting the boys are coming 'for the love'...!

Think he's just suggesting that you're renumerating a lot of your recruits quite well.. And good luck to you if you are, if you've done the hard work to raise the funds and have sold your club well enough to get the prize recruits, more the strength to you.

Just don't go suggesting the boys are coming 'for the love'...!
there's a whole lot of luvin to be had at VT though Tav..

You should try it then, because what ever they do it seems to work for them! You have taken pot shots at people on the gv site, now having a crack at barnett on here, who are u because umust be pretty handy!

talked to some people, found out who u are:( just laughed at you!!! i know i'm handeir than u !! big time:D

talked to some people, found out who u are:( just laughed at you!!! i know i'm handeir than u !! big time:D

your writing some fantastic posts goechuca. i cant wait for your next one. maybe you'll have a go at someone for going out for dinner on a friday night before football.

Haha, you found out who he is, couldn't work it out from his name? You had to talk to some people to work out 'Souts' is Luke Souter:rolleyes:

I rest my case your honour. The selling you speak of Tav is the sell out of the "roots of the grass" of country footy ovals. At least Doon had a benefactor before he went to Lara? Here's to all gold diggers in North East Victoria! Any still there over at Rushie mate .. gold nuggets that is? Cheers John Carrot (Wink..)

I had heard in June/July that Whelan had been spoken to by VT . Have watched him and Lee play a few games both will be very hard to stop . Haven't heard of the other fella , but if he is as good as your saying he will be on a lot of moola(spelling) as i'm sure the big league clubs would have had him on there radar.
And im sure he is not that interested in premierships having played at Heidelberg ! But good luck to VT as said have worked very hard and now is time to start bearing some fruits !!!
How much of their list from last year is staying , have any left ?

Haha, you found out who he is, couldn't work it out from his name? You had to talk to some people to work out 'Souts' is Luke Souter:rolleyes:

Yeah i had a laugh too Hank! I wonder how long it took or how many people he asked! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back