Status
Not open for further replies.

The Harry Factor

Debutant
Oct 2, 2007
Tatura
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm hearing Tatura gun Tom Durward is heading to Murch with a few tat seconds players. Any truth to the rumours Jo Mamma? (or anyone else from murch).

If true Murch might give next year's premiership a good shake!

lanky

Draftee
Nov 8, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm hearing Tatura gun Tom Durward is heading to Murch with a few tat seconds players. Any truth to the rumours Jo Mamma? (or anyone else from murch).

I don't think so Harry, Lanky by a street! Haven't lost any and already gained 6 quality players from GV and Murray league.​

FOOTYBOSS

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2005
Strathbogie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CROWS
How's his form been over the last couple of years, boss? Was touted as a gun ruckman, but haven't much of him recently. Was he still at Heidelberg..?

I think his form was reasonably good at Mooroopna prior to this season Tav. Not sure who he played for or if he played at all this year.

Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

Tom staying put at Tat after a chat with Steve Daniels. Terry Durward staying at Murch. Have Murch got any signing at all to report yet? Lost Hodgetts and Freeman so far and maybe more. Surely they need a swag of signing for them to improve again.

Modra6

Rookie
Jan 19, 2010
Shepparton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tom staying put at Tat after a chat with Steve Daniels. Terry Durward staying at Murch. Have Murch got any signing at all to report yet? Lost Hodgetts and Freeman so far and maybe more. Surely they need a swag of signing for them to improve again.

Hmm not sure about that first sentence didak.
So far the two mentioned are the only notable absentee's from this years team for next year.

There have been some very impressive signings over the past 2 weeks which im sure will see Murch take the next step. Hopefully these recruits can be unveiled soon. (Although there are many whispers going around already!)

fencesitter

Debutant
Oct 26, 2007
Shepparton
AFL Club
Carlton
James Milne, Young Durward, Bryce Pollard;), Burns, and close to S.Scott United, making a big go at C.Aynsley Shepp East, Hoppers must surely be emptying the Till this year...

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon

Hey WYD I heard today from a VERY reliable source that Tom was definately heading to murch to play with his brother along with milney & reece pollard??? Intersting times ahead................

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
James Milne, Young Durward, Bryce Pollard;), Burns, and close to S.Scott United, making a big go at C.Aynsley Shepp East, Hoppers must surely be emptying the Till this year...

Do you mean Reece Pollard?? & says on the picola thread that Burnsy is going back to Shepp East & Steve Scott is heading back to waaia next year, haven't double booked have they????

The Harry Factor

Debutant
Oct 2, 2007
Tatura
AFL Club
Collingwood

Having a crack at Jake Chessels and Share Kay as well. Tatura won't be able to field a seconds side at this rate!

Earl Hickey

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2009
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lebron James
The draft draw for season 2012 sees us with a general bye on May 26th for the interleague match. Seniors likely to play against PDFL as a curtain raiser to GVFL v MPDFL.
What are peoples thoughts on this?

Blackout

All Australian
Apr 1, 2009
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
The draft draw for season 2012 sees us with a general bye on May 26th for the interleague match. Seniors likely to play against PDFL as a curtain raiser to GVFL v MPDFL.
What are peoples thoughts on this?
Personally I'm stoked with it and would consider travelling to watch it. I've been wanting to see KDFL interleague, so I'm all for it. On top of that, playing against the PDFL would be an interesting game, especially as the Under 18's play each other every year.

Would top line senior players be keen to put their hands up?

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Personally I'm stoked with it and would consider travelling to watch it. I've been wanting to see KDFL interleague, so I'm all for it. On top of that, playing against the PDFL would be an interesting game, especially as the Under 18's play each other every year.

Would top line senior players be keen to put their hands up?
Clubs supported the concept at a delegates meeting awhile ago so they should encourage all their players to be available. Should be some sort of a list if all play..

Also heard that Stanhope are chasing Jason Wilde from Rennie and offered him 15K to play only 8 games, surely this is not true Hank, the man would be what 37:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
;)
Clubs supported the concept at a delegates meeting awhile ago so they should encourage all their players to be available. Should be some sort of a list if all play..

Also heard that Stanhope are chasing Jason Wilde from Rennie and offered him 15K to play only 8 games, surely this is not true Hank, the man would be what 37:rolleyes:

Thats laughable,(15K is half of what we spent on all players/coaches this year) the only contact, if you call it that, thats been made was about 8-9pm AFL Grand Final day when myself, Hoota & Jarrad Mason ran into him at the Cricketers Arms in Mooroopna after starting drinking at 8am at the Mooroopna GF Breakfast, so I may have offered him something like that at that stage actually:D;).
Think we are looking at shutting up shop this year anyway, Lancy arent losing anyone and have already picked up 6 major league players and VT have added 3 Major league guns, even Murch will leapfrog us with some quality Tat senior players signing on, might be a good year to sit back and load up for 2013!!;)

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
;)

Thats laughable,(15K is half of what we spent on all players/coaches this year) the only contact, if you call it that, thats been made was about 8-9pm AFL Grand Final day when myself, Hoota & Jarrad Mason ran into him at the Cricketers Arms in Mooroopna after starting drinking at 8am at the Mooroopna GF Breakfast, so I may have offered him something like that at that stage actually:D;).
Think we are looking at shutting up shop this year anyway, Lancy arent losing anyone and have already picked up 6 major league players and VT have added 3 Major league guns, even Murch will leapfrog us with some quality Tat senior players signing on, might be a good year to sit back and load up for 2013!!;)

Yep cues in the rack gentlemen please. With no one leaving, has anyone told the six senior Lanky premiership players that will be in twos next year?

Heard today that a Shepp Bears sometime senior player was being offered $450 a game to play in the PDFL. If true it's cr*p like this that is screwing country footy over.

Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep cues in the rack gentlemen please. With no one leaving, has anyone told the six senior Lanky premiership players that will be in twos next year?

Heard today that a Shepp Bears sometime senior player was being offered $450 a game to play in the PDFL. If true it's cr*p like this that is screwing country footy over.

C'mon Woody thats no fun at all!... name please. Tim Kelly perhaps??

Also, yes I stand corrected on Durward. I made some phone calls & it seems his mind changed with some pretty handy fuel money:D

Who are the 6 at Lanky? Heath Barnett, Justin Chambers and Wade Demasi. Who else? (Not that they need more ffs!)

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
;)

l must admit even l thought it was a bit rich but you never know..

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
How is this game going to affect Club affiliation fees Blackie. Surely these precious ones will not play for the jumper .. or cost recompense? Is this now the big time for many of these lunch-time legends??

Blackout

All Australian
Apr 1, 2009
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
How is this game going to affect Club affiliation fees Blackie. Surely these precious ones will not play for the jumper .. or cost recompense? Is this now the big time for many of these lunch-time legends??
Well the junior interleague squad are given their socks, jumper and shorts. I suppose the only additional costs would be organising travel to the venue and maybe accommodation... unless you know something I don't JC.

I don't really think you can accuse guys that are putting their hands up for interleague of being 'lunch-box legends'. They're representing the league and aren't going to be doing so for money. To be selected in the interleague squad you would have to be some sort of footballer.

For a change the sides that are put together on BigFooty next year won't just be hypothetical. Going by the rumours here there will be a few well-credentialled footballers running around next year to choose from.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
If part of the VCFL championships leagues actually get coin to participate , IIRC about $6,500 for two years . It could also mean that the interleague squad could have to travel to somewhere else within the state ?
Also the PDFL side, which plays the KDFL side as a curtain raiser to the bushrangers game annually , is under 17 .

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

The league will supposedly start the new year with $100,000 in the bank after the amalgamation of the football and netball leagues so surely the club delegates can get it passed that that money pays for the coming seasons game, and then as PTF has mentioned once the league gets ranked in the VCFL interleague ranking system they will receive funds to cover costs.

Even though monetary compensation has been brought up from time to time about interleague representatives, as far as I know it has and will not ever eventuate. Socks, Shorts & Jumper plus the opportunity to prove yourself at a higher level should be enough, and even when we may have to travel down to Gippsland or the Western District, that would be an attraction to play not a detterent as the best and most successful interleague campaigns are usually the ones that you travel to due to the extra time spent with season long rivals whom then turn out to be actually good blokes and the friendships gained from that.

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
C'mon Woody thats no fun at all!... name please. Tim Kelly perhaps??

Also, yes I stand corrected on Durward. I made some phone calls & it seems his mind changed with some pretty handy fuel money:D

Who are the 6 at Lanky? Heath Barnett, Justin Chambers and Wade Demasi. Who else? (Not that they need more ffs!)

yep cues away.. was in ky club last week and saw rusty and nick casey interviewing some young fella, and telling him that they 'wont be resting on their laurels'...(is that the right spelling woody:))
and also heard the towners forked out $115,000 for the season and with the signings... that they have in nov:D... would expect it to be much larger next year. but then again, if they can afford to pay it good luck to them... but what about in the future??

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
yep cues away.. was in ky club last week and saw rusty and nick casey interviewing some young fella, and telling him that they 'wont be resting on their laurels'...(is that the right spelling woody:))
and also heard the towners forked out $115,000 for the season and with the signings... that they have in nov:D... would expect it to be much larger next year. but then again, if they can afford to pay it good luck to them... but what about in the future??
115K s**t buddy, l know we are going ok but where you plucked that from seems to have a brown smell about it..Thats about 6.5 K a game, the pres must be on a fair old wage then.:D

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
115K s**t buddy, l know we are going ok but where you plucked that from seems to have a brown smell about it..Thats about 6.5 K a game, the pres must be on a fair old wage then.:D

you can never overpay a good pres.... anyway, over 4k a week on melb blokes alone and still a few 'locals', and thats doable if you really try.... so it can add up. but as a said before, if you can guys can afford to pay it, good for you guys.

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
you can never overpay a good pres.... anyway, over 4k a week on melb blokes alone and still a few 'locals', and thats doable if you really try.... so it can add up. but as a said before, if you can guys can afford to pay it, good for you guys.
Its good reading but not even close to the mark, l would very much doubt that any side in the kdfl was spending anywhere that sort of coin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back