Kdfl - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
The league will supposedly start the new year with $100,000 in the bank after the amalgamation of the football and netball leagues so surely the club delegates can get it passed that that money pays for the coming seasons game, and then as PTF has mentioned once the league gets ranked in the VCFL interleague ranking system they will receive funds to cover costs.

Even though monetary compensation has been brought up from time to time about interleague representatives, as far as I know it has and will not ever eventuate. Socks, Shorts & Jumper plus the opportunity to prove yourself at a higher level should be enough, and even when we may have to travel down to Gippsland or the Western District, that would be an attraction to play not a detterent as the best and most successful interleague campaigns are usually the ones that you travel to due to the extra time spent with season long rivals whom then turn out to be actually good blokes and the friendships gained from that.

Might be wrong Hank but my assumption is that this seasons proposed rep game PDFL v KDFL is part of the Vic country champs and therefore both leagues will start to recieve financial assistance as of this season , the added bonus was that it had been discussed that other neighbouring leagues are likely to be joining this coming year also which may mean that neither league will have to travel for 3-4 years at least ?
Then again if the review suggestions to place who knows what's likely to happen with rep Footy ??

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Might be wrong Hank but my assumption is that this seasons proposed rep game PDFL v KDFL is part of the Vic country champs and therefore both leagues will start to recieve financial assistance as of this season , the added bonus was that it had been discussed that other neighbouring leagues are likely to be joining this coming year also which may mean that neither league will have to travel for 3-4 years at least ?
Then again if the review suggestions to place who knows what's likely to happen with rep Footy ??

If thats the case then JC has nothing to worry about as to where the money will come from. Before this year, the case was that we'd have to play a year or two first before becoming involved, but your probably right as it was stated that we'd may be playing as a curtain raiser to the GV game which would add more weight to your assumption.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
If thats the case then JC has nothing to worry about as to where the money will come from. Before this year, the case was that we'd have to play a year or two first before becoming involved, but your probably right as it was stated that we'd may be playing as a curtain raiser to the GV game which would add more weight to your assumption.

There where 2 proposals put forward if IIRC , one from the VCFL to join the VCFL championship which could involve various neighboroughing leagues which would include the standard 6 odd grand over a couple of years and sharing of the gate between both leagues participating .
There was also a proposal from the GVFL asking the KDFL and PDFL to play a curtain raiser for their Vcfl championship match , which didn't include any mention IIRC, of Vcfl financial contribution, nor any gate takings, being returned to either of the KDFL or PDFL , it actually read very much as both leagues would serve to increase gate takings, $$$$$ for the GV and receive nothing in return ?
IMO interleague Footy would be great for both leagues , particular within the Vic champs , however would be somewhat against the idea of boosting GV coffers at the $$$ expense of both leagues ?
I'd also support a under 19 game to assist players from both leagues chances of being selected within the VCFL under 19 squad ?
Either way, I think the annual TAC curtain raiser game for the juniors is a terrific concept and I hope it continues , it was also extremely well attended last year !

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
There where 2 proposals put forward if IIRC , one from the VCFL to join the VCFL championship which could involve various neighboroughing leagues which would include the standard 6 odd grand over a couple of years and sharing of the gate between both leagues participating .
There was also a proposal from the GVFL asking the KDFL and PDFL to play a curtain raiser for their Vcfl championship match , which didn't include any mention IIRC, of Vcfl financial contribution, nor any gate takings, being returned to either of the KDFL or PDFL , it actually read very much as both leagues would serve to increase gate takings, $$$$$ for the GV and receive nothing in return ?
IMO interleague Footy would be great for both leagues , particular within the Vic champs , however would be somewhat against the idea of boosting GV coffers at the $$$ expense of both leagues ?
I'd also support a under 19 game to assist players from both leagues chances of being selected within the VCFL under 19 squad ?
Either way, I think the annual TAC curtain raiser game for the juniors is a terrific concept and I hope it continues , it was also extremely well attended last year !

The idea of playing before the GV is a good one but only if we were a part of the VCFL Championships and received remuneration to the League. I am sure the league would rather play elsewhere as a stand alone game and receive the support and gate takings than play before the GV and get nothing. The crowd would obviously be better although this years turnout for the GV game wasnt great, stupid set up by the powers that be to have over an hour inbetween the Murray League game and the start of the GV game didnt help.:thumbsdown:

Speedy22

Debutant
Feb 16, 2008
Tally Area
AFL Club
Collingwood
The idea of playing before the GV is a good one but only if we were a part of the VCFL Championships and received remuneration to the League. I am sure the league would rather play elsewhere as a stand alone game and receive the support and gate takings than play before the GV and get nothing. The crowd would obviously be better although this years turnout for the GV game wasnt great, stupid set up by the powers that be to have over an hour inbetween the Murray League game and the start of the GV game didnt help.:thumbsdown:

Any leaving mainland next season Hank to move down the road ? Was told they start pre season next friday, bit early dont dont ya think.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Any leaving mainland next season Hank to move down the road ? Was told they start pre season next friday, bit early dont dont ya think.

Ah well they have to start sometime, their application to training is something in the past that has been said to be found wanting so I'm sure Patto will be trying to rectify that. As for any guys heading up the road from Stanhope, I did see Patto take Stiggy Hall to the side tonight at the cricket rooms so that might be one to look out for;), In all seriousness I would doubt any senior players would head over there, might be one or two in the twos who might think they deserve a crack at senior footy and might take the chance there.

Its looking like the Top 3 from this year in most peoples opinion, Lancy, Rushy & VT will all improve a fair bit and I'd say at this stage they will gap the rest by a bit. The big mover as far as maybe breaking into the top 5 would be Murch, and I'd expect Merrigum to push up to be just outside the 5.

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Ah well they have to start sometime, their application to training is something in the past that has been said to be found wanting so I'm sure Patto will be trying to rectify that. As for any guys heading up the road from Stanhope, I did see Patto take Stiggy Hall to the side tonight at the cricket rooms so that might be one to look out for;), In all seriousness I would doubt any senior players would head over there, might be one or two in the twos who might think they deserve a crack at senior footy and might take the chance there.

Its looking like the Top 3 from this year in most peoples opinion, Lancy, Rushy & VT will all improve a fair bit and I'd say at this stage they will gap the rest by a bit. The big mover as far as maybe breaking into the top 5 would be Murch, and I'd expect Merrigum to push up to be just outside the 5.
how about puting your neck out there Hank and tell us your Grand final sides for next year:thumbsu:

Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
LANCY V VIOLET TOWN, you blokes to not only win your first final but back it up to make the playoff.

At this stage that's a very easy tip. I'll go right out there and see how this bites me later on. Only 5 months till we start after all!!:D

Violet Town
Lancaster
Rushworth
Murchison
Stanhope

Undera
Merrigum
Avenel
Tallygaroopna
Nagambie
Girgarre
Longwood
Ardmona

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
James Milne, Young Durward, Bryce Pollard;), Burns, and close to S.Scott United, making a big go at C.Aynsley Shepp East, Hoppers must surely be emptying the Till this year...

We have had some $$$$$ to spend on recruiting players that Murch hasn't had in previous years, and just like with Violet Town last year, we're spending up to challenge the likes of Rushworth & Lancaster (Stanhope as well, but that all depends on what Patto does at Girgarre), and like what Gig's doing, we're casting a wide net.

I'm positive about 2012, the 3rds came within a whisker of knocking off an almost unbeatable Tally, our seconds played some great footy in the second half of the year headed by a great young coach in Luke Twynstra, we've got a good core of young blokes playing seniors, the Netball Club's going well without the ultimate success, and off-field, there's been a lot a stability that's been missing from our club.

Yes, Murch will lose a few players, but we will cover those losses and gain some very good players in the meantime without spending ourselves into heaps of debt.

Our AGM in on Tuesday, and unlike most years, there's some real optimism about the club, and I want to be a part of that, and there's a real sense that our 30 year premiership drought will break, instead of being a fitfull dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
We have had some $$$$$ to spend on recruiting players that Murch hasn't had in previous years, and just like with Violet Town last year, we're spending up to challenge the likes of Rushworth & Lancaster (Stanhope as well, but that all depends on what Patto does at Girgarre), and like what Gig's doing, we're casting a wide net.

What Stanhope does will have nothing to do with what Patto does at Gig.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
115K s**t buddy, l know we are going ok but where you plucked that from seems to have a brown smell about it..Thats about 6.5 K a game, the pres must be on a fair old wage then.:D

Better get more than one John Deere mower raffle going at the VT market if you want to raise $115K. :D

LeftNut

Rookie
May 22, 2008
Shepp
AFL Club
Carlton
Rushy maybe losing one player, we was dropped during the finals, and has terrible luck with vehicles, but was seen training with Mernda last night.

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
John Carrot's quick quote:
Go Redda .. Legger - and thanks to Ricki for sustaining the Redlegs.
The Redferns are part of Longwood town history and the Shiners have done a fantastic job to guide us in the Club's "new" venture; especially over the last few years in our baptism of fire in the KDFL.
Well done .. and congratulations to both families.
Cheers
John Carrot

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Rushy's playing stocks got a boost during the week with the signings of Lenny & Lewis Clarke, who both come with big wraps after playing in a senior flag with Deni this year. They're bringing Pogue with them, who I must admit I don't know much about (maybe you've seen him play, Hank?). Also, Sam Nelson recommitted to the club and power forward Jake Llyod has also signed.

2 time Tatura reserves premiership coach, Brendan Vanderdonk, has been appointed assistant coach and will coach from the bench on game days.

So no losses at the moment and a few key additions, plus injury free seasons from key youngsters Lambden, Clarke and Martin should hopefully hold us in good stead for another competitive season.

Sly Dog

Debutant
Feb 16, 2006
Tatura
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thats a fair effort to pick up a couple of deni boys!! Are they orginally from the area or have you guys enticed them to move to the the town of rushworth?? By all reports and with the recruits that are being thrown around the kdl will be an improved leauge next year i would think?? The top 3 or 4 teams will be very sharp!! Is H.barnett lanky,s main recruit???
It looks like the comp will be as strong as it has ever been. from all reports, vt, murch and rushy have recruits that are genuine major league players and will boost the kdls name a fair bit. the top 4 will definitely be sharp and the encouraging part is the fact that the bottom 4 will all look to improve, so no easy beats.
as we say this time every year, the money being paid sounds ridiculous and i hope clubs can afford it. durwards money is beyond what i thought a kdl club could pay. you want a return (premiership) when you start outlaying a sum of money on one guy when 3 to 4 would normally be getting those "incentives". all the best.
from what i am told, barnett is lancys major recruit. they might want another onballer or key back if they are to mix it with the other top 2 or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back