Kdfl - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who played for both sides well in your opinion??

Undera had about 10 senior players not playing including a few key position.I still think Undera will be ok this year , wont have the depth of the 2 previous years but still will be ok . I think Godsy would have been happy with the hit out.On the other hand Shepp East looked a pretty good outfit. Lots of quality all around the ground . If they still have 13 or so out id say they'll be very hard to beat this year .

I mean who played well.

Hard to say on who played well as there were so many rotations and different things getting tried, was hard for Undera midfielders at stoppages to get anything as we had no ruckman and no talls playing . But for Undera better players probably Zues Vourgaslis , Brad Moon , Nick Ryan and Jack Hadjro played well. Shepp East was the same heaps of rotations but Jarrod Best had a heap of footy same with Ricky Frappell and Daniel Bye kicked a few from full forward and looked good.

View attachment 474

This was a drawing that a guy called "Mowse" did in the Footy Graphic Design page on bigfooty, when I asked him if he could do an aggresive looking grasshopper for the Murchison F.N.C.

Well I reckon that this looks great, and his stuff looks 1000% better than the official AFL mascots.

but missed out on andrew sierrakowski gone to lanky, should have offered him more.

Ah well we have limits, I am sure Lancy would have only had to match what we offered to get him seeing he has played there before and they would now be odds on premiership favs with him on board, be quick and get on sportsbet before they turn the odds in from $2.50.

Ah well we have limits, I am sure Lancy would have only had to match what we offered to get him seeing he has played there before and they would now be odds on premiership favs with him on board, be quick and get on sportsbet before they turn the odds in from $2.50.

All things considered you'd probably be just as happy to have the Patten boys back...??

Lancy's due, had a lot (7?) top 3 finishes in the last 10 years. Reckon VT will match up pretty well against them, though..

Forgive my ignorance, what will their on-ball brigade look like? And where will Seirakowski play - forward or ruck?

My mail has sierakowski playing at lancy for about half the Stanhope offer Hank, and I would assume he'd play wing or half back tav. Can't see him playing forward with Casey, nunn, eddy, pryde and meka down there, and it looks like they've gained a ruckman to fill the hole left by Roberts. Still chasing him Hank? Throw the $$ you offered sierakowksi on top of what you have already offered and it might be enough to get his signature?

All things considered you'd probably be just as happy to have the Patten boys back...??

Lancy's due, had a lot (7?) top 3 finishes in the last 10 years. Reckon VT will match up pretty well against them, though..

Forgive my ignorance, what will their on-ball brigade look like? And where will Seirakowski play - forward or ruck?

Good to have you back Tav, Vt will go ok but l think your post is a smoke screen for the big improvers in Rushy led by your great self. Great to have you back in the KDFL and look forward to having an ale or two or ten if required. Cant wait for the Rushy , VT game to catch up:thumbsu:

CHB for Siera would be my spot for him. As for payments, if you got him for $200 and you're only getting his Vehicle halfway home from Cairns then you have done well. Not sure who is going to want the moke in Brisbane, but anyway well done on sealing the deal.

Yes Tav, the 2 Pattens will certainly help our leg speed worries and will slot back into their home club nicely.

Tom Roberts, I believe the club has spoken to him for the past few seasons. Looking like he is going to retire at this stage, and having offered him nothing to date I'm not sure doubling that will help to much firefox.

Stanhope v Murch @ Stanhope Saturday, Midday start for 2 X 3 period games.

Lancy midfield: A.Brunt, P. Burnett, S.Gemmill, S, Thomson, S. Hausler, A. Jones. Is C. Carver going around again? & Nunny reckons he will play onball!

CHB for Siera would be my spot for him. As for payments, if you got him for $200 and you're only getting his Vehicle halfway home from Cairns then you have done well. Not sure who is going to want the moke in Brisbane, but anyway well done on sealing the deal.

Yes Tav, the 2 Pattens will certainly help our leg speed worries and will slot back into their home club nicely.

Tom Roberts, I believe the club has spoken to him for the past few seasons. Looking like he is going to retire at this stage, and having offered him nothing to date I'm not sure doubling that will help to much firefox.

isnt roberts playing football at lancaster ? , as for the odds i thought they would open well under the $2.50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy to have the 2 Patten boys back. Ryan will add to our midfield department, whilst Jye will be a more than handy and very quick on the lead forward.

Good inclusions.

Hmmm - can't see what use his moke would be in Brisbane, although he does have a brother living there. Interesting that you believe Stanhope hasn't made an offer to Roberts - my understanding is that there was/is in fact an offer on the table, and the offer to Sierakowski was more than $400 as you suggest. And FWIW, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Lancy at all, so it's not 'me' that "got him for $200".

The Patten boys returning is good news for Stanhope, but Merrigum looks to have lost Dave Matthews for the season with a shoulder. Just about the last thing we need is our best players getting injured.

Nic Varcoe would play CHB, Siera would fill the loss of Tom Warren on HBF.
The on ball brigade is less Hausler-retired but they gained Jason Casey, who ever that is

Dont know thats great form by you Hank confirming what you blokes have offered a bloke is it? How would other paid players at your club be feeling about what there on now? Coming from Siera himself he just wanted to go back to the club that he won a flag at 10 years ago and enjoy the last years of footy he has left in him! And were quiet happy to have him!!

As for the on ball spots this year it will be good! Burners is a fan of always rotating blokes through there! I know I wouldnt enjoy playing on a Steve Thomson when hes rotating on a back flank or pocket!! N i think you will find that Nunn will play alot of time in there, a bloke that kicks the ball as well as he does we will enjoy leading out to him. Maybe you should have tried him in there a bit more when you were coaching him!! As for Faz he is going around again and his body is in the best shape its been in the last couple years!!

Dont know thats great form by you Hank confirming what you blokes have offered a bloke is it? How would other paid players at your club be feeling about what there on now?

I'm one and couldn't care less and don't think other paid players at our club would care less, So its fine for people to bandy around figures on here when in reality they know nothing about what people are on but you have a problem with me putting a figure on here that is right.
As for Nunny he had opportunities playing on the ball at times during my stint at Tonny, but was never fit enough to be a regular fixture in there, I am sure he would have to agree with that. Agree his foot skills are very good and if he can get his aerobic capacity up, he will be handy through there.

hi all. long time reader first time writer.. cant blame siera for going to lancy(where he'll probably win a flag) rather than play at ky who have lost last 2 grannies as well as a lot of quality players.
and hank, cant believe patto's boys are back after everything you've written about them... lucky for stanhope its a long drive to tooleen.

hi all. long time reader first time writer.. cant blame siera for going to lancy(where he'll probably win a flag) rather than play at ky who have lost last 2 grannies as well as a lot of quality players.
and hank cant believe patto's boys are back after everything you've written about them... lucky for stanhope its a long drive to tooleen.

Agreed. You'd say a bit ordinary walking out on a club they committed to only a few weeks out from the start of the season??? Pressure is surely on the old man to head back also to watch his boys? Although as he had committed to coaching the 2's I believe, he may not want to go back on his word to Dennis and let him down also?

and hank, cant believe patto's boys are back after everything you've written about them... lucky for stanhope its a long drive to tooleen.

Maybe they agreed!:eek:, not that there was too much in what I said on here anyway.

Here is my prediction for how the KDFL Ladder will end up for season 2011.

1. LANCASTER
2. UNDERA
3. VIOLET TOWN
4. STANHOPE
5. RUSHWORTH

The top 5 are pretty even (although Lancaster deserve to be favourites at this stage and should finish on top), but I think that there will only be 1-2 games plus percentage that seperates finishing 2nd and 5th.

Then the standard falls away from there, it's not to say that any of the other sides can't knock over the sides I've ranked 1-5, but they don't have the depth or class to really challenge for a finals berth.

And with that in mind I think the rest of the sides will end up like this.

6. Nagambie (Still have some good players, but have lost too many to be a threat)

7. Murchison (Will slide this year because they'll have to rely on their young players to do too much, and what they haven't lost in quantity, they've lost in quality, and good talls and a 50 goal forward are very hard to replace).

8. Tallygaroopna (They seemed to have picked up numbers according to the website, but you would think that it wouldn't be enough to climb out of mid-table).

9. Avenel (their younger players should improve, but they like Murch don't have the depth around them to climb up the ladder significantly).

10. Longwood (they should be a lot more competitive, but they're starting from a small base, and may struggle later on in the year)

11. Girgarre (Haven't heard much from gig, but considering how they went last year, you can't see them doing too much)

12. Ardmona (really struggled for numbers early, but have picked up more quantity, than quality and should stay in the bottom two)

13. Merrigum (Lost too many of their good players to see them rise from the foot of the ladder again, and numbers wise they seem really light on)

PREMIERS: LANCASTER
RUNNERS UP: VIOLET TOWN
Undera will finish 3rd. Brad Lowe to win the league B&F with Daniel Freeman finishing 2nd & Hayden Lamaro finishing 3rd

gee i notice alot of blokes getting transfers to rushy, not too many departures at tigerland either witch is always a good thing.

my question is how many of them players will play senior footy at rushy and how do they generally go out on the park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back