Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle22

Draftee
Sep 10, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Great game yesterday by VT and Undera! Bit of a shame that the Undera waterboy (AKA the Undera president) got a bit hot headed and thought it was necessary to swear and threaten a young female spectator, before inviting her father onto the field to “fight” him. Such a revolting display unfortunately reflected quite poorly on the leader of a club, and unfortunately the incident was witnessed by many of the spectators. Other than that, a great day was had by all!

foxtrot36

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2010
echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great game yesterday by VT and Undera! Bit of a shame that the Undera waterboy (AKA the Undera president) got a bit hot headed and thought it was necessary to swear and threaten a young female spectator, before inviting her father onto the field to “fight” him. Such a revolting display unfortunately reflected quite poorly on the leader of a club, and unfortunately the incident was witnessed by many of the spectators. Other than that, a great day was had by all!

Vt won easily and Undera were out classed.

Solatium

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2009
Elysium Fields
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Vt won easily and Undera were out classed.
Good to see Heidelberg 2nds do so well with Jake and "Wheels" kicking 11 between them. Jake BOG in the G/F - pity he didn't play all season, probably would have smashed the league B & F. After his country sojourn will look good back in the yellow and black.

phantom man

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2010
mooroopna
AFL Club
Richmond
we
I'd like to hear where ya get your info from sounds like s**t to me. The reason why i left is moving back to Healesville and wish them all the best for next year. If i bagged the **** out of them why would i pull the boots on most weeks with a screwed knee... Tell me that
well it came it came straight from the horses mouth if you read carefully it does say your ex president

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
Good to see Heidelberg 2nds do so well with Jake and "Wheels" kicking 11 between them. Jake BOG in the G/F - pity he didn't play all season, probably would have smashed the league B & F. After his country sojourn will look good back in the yellow and black.
Why would you want someone that you call a 2nds player back?
All the same it will be interesting to see what Jake decides on. Whether he goes back down town and plays for the big bucks, or stays up with the Towners and just plays for the weekly incentive awards.

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
Why would you want someone that you call a 2nds player back?
All the same it will be interesting to see what Jake decides on. Whether he goes back down town and plays for the big bucks, or stays up with the Towners and just plays for the weekly incentive awards.

think you got those back to front :D

Solatium

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2009
Elysium Fields
AFL Club
Gold Coast
LOL - last time I looked this was B/F and not a forum for biting social commentary.
Post was more about the number of ex Tigers at VT rather than the quality. Even so, if Jake is part of the Russ Lee travelling roadshow rest assured he's not playing for car wash vouchers. Russ has had four clubs in five years - he certainly doesn't play for vouchers.

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
LOL - last time I looked this was B/F and not a forum for biting social commentary.
Post was more about the number of ex Tigers at VT rather than the quality. Even so, if Jake is part of the Russ Lee travelling roadshow rest assured he's not playing for car wash vouchers. Russ has had four clubs in five years - he certainly doesn't play for vouchers.
You musn't hold the ex tigers in high regard obviously.
We don't have car washes up here just the old garden hose and a bit of elbow grease. Jake picked up his payment voucher after the grand final. One dressed lamb FOC kindly donated by the local butcher. With Russ better make that four clubs in six years as he will be playing with VT in 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solatium

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2009
Elysium Fields
AFL Club
Gold Coast
On the contrary, hold Jake in the highest regard. Great footballer and fine human being. Grab a copy of the 2011 NFL prelim if you want to see one of the best individual performances at any level of football. A couple of the others however simply there to top up their superannuation - they'll be on the move soon enough .
Perhaps John Carrot might be coaxed out of retirement to provide an erudite postscript.

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Will be interesting to see what Jake does, I know Heidelberg are confident of getting him back, either way all the ex-tigers have served their purpose in a memorable year for the towners; no matter how much they forked out, history says they recruited the right blokes & they'll have many fond memories from 2012. If anything, it's sounding as though the other teams are hell bent on challenging them next year, which is a good thing for the league.

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Violet Town, Mooroopna, Heidelberg.

Thats 3 Clubs isn't it?
Who cares, champion bloke, champion footballer and we got the job done. Thought that blokes like Russ and Wheels would only be good for the KDFL. If they decided to go to another side in the league I'm sure most clubs would jump at the opportunity for these blokes to represent their club.

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Will Blake have a crack at getting Russ back to the cats next year i wonder?
Ex work colleagues and all that

I'm sure there will be quite a few clubs who give Russell Lee a call about 2013, the question will be if they can tempt him, or not. If he decides he wants to have another crack at major league Heidelberg would be just as likely an option as Mooroopna. If he's not interested in major league I'd imagine clubs will find it hard to pry him away from VT.

SUPASTARR

All Australian
Nov 2, 2006
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Orlando
Pretty sure Russ Lee is either an assistant coach or co-coach or something at VT next year. Unless things have changed I would suggest he will be at VT next season. Jax??

Earl Hickey

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2009
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lebron James
Alec Young took out the Robert Harrison Medal for Stanhope's Best & Fairest on Friday night, not a bad effort for a bloke that played 10 games and still managed to win by 11 votes ahead of Cobey Aynsley.

Matty Evans took out the Reserves B&F, Whilst Corey Walsh took out the Under 18s.

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty sure Russ Lee is either an assistant coach or co-coach or something at VT next year. Unless things have changed I would suggest he will be at VT next season. Jax??
Your on the money SUPASTARR, Russ has been signed on as an assistant to Hayden and recruiting has already started with things already looking good. We may need more name tags though...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back