Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Arguably the 3rd best coach in the competition
Auld and Reeves 1, 2 dependant on outcome next weekend. Sullivan 3 (won a final, speaks well), Lamaro 4 (won a flag last year, led at 3/4 time in a final this year), 5 Burnett (been there done that, no worse off than the gum against Stanhope!), 6 Barnett (exceptional H&A, embarrassing finals campaign, some players, including coach embarrassed themselves in the last 1/4 today by their actions, playing coach needs to lead by example). Footnote: finals is all that counts;)

godzilla44

Debutant
May 14, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Auld and Reeves 1, 2 dependant on outcome next weekend. Sullivan 3 (won a final, speaks well), Lamaro 4 (won a flag last year, led at 3/4 time in a final this year), 5 Burnett (been there done that, no worse off than the gum against Stanhope!), 6 Barnett (exceptional H&A, embarrassing finals campaign, some players, including coach embarrassed themselves in the last 1/4 today by their actions, playing coach needs to lead by example). Footnote: finals is all that counts;)

Agree with hank here the Gum really let themselves down in that last quarter ,it seems it ok to hand out a flogging ,but when you have your arse handed to you like they did and respond like that , that's a club taking a few steps backwards ....

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Agree with hank here the Gum really let themselves down in that last quarter ,it seems it ok to hand out a flogging ,but when you have your arse handed to you like they did and respond like that , that's a club taking a few steps backwards ....

Did they go the knuckle Godzy...?

godzilla44

Debutant
May 14, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Did they go the knuckle Godzy...?

Yes Tav they did and a couple connected too but to Stanhope's credit they held back I know the Gum went in undermanned and it did show they wearnt prepared to push back hard , but hey they had a great season to their credit ,just a poor finals , not sure how many kids they got some senior games in , good to see Stanhope doing it with young O'reilly he is a good young kid. Played well

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
That's coz Hams and Stroobants are VFL players. Stroobants is the captain of a VFL side for christs sake and in all honesty should not be running around with Stanhope

As much as I don't want to be a white knight for Stanhope here, but they didn't do anything against the rules in bringing in these two guys mid season (the ultimate blame should lie within the KDFL and AFL Victoria, for allowing this loophole to exist in the first place, in allowing these two guys to drop back to a district competition (the KDFL) compared to a major competition (the GVFL) after spending so much time in the VFL system in the same year), they had an ace up their sleeve and they played it and given the circumstances, every other club would've done the same.

Hopefully this loophole will be shut soon for the sake of fairness, but we can't do anything about it now, all Murchison can do is go with what they have (which is still good enough to beat Stanhope), and hope that this Grand Final isn't a blowout like the rest of them have been this season.

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
As much as I don't want to be a white knight for Stanhope here, but they didn't do anything against the rules in bringing in these two guys mid season (the ultimate blame should lie within the KDFL and AFL Victoria, for allowing this loophole to exist in the first place, in allowing these two guys to drop back to a district competition (the KDFL) compared to a major competition (the GVFL) after spending so much time in the VFL system in the same year), they had an ace up their sleeve and they played it and given the circumstances, every other club would've done the same.

Hopefully this loophole will be shut soon for the sake of fairness, but we can't do anything about it now, all Murchison can do is go with what they have (which is still good enough to beat Stanhope), and hope that this Grand Final isn't a blowout like the rest of them have been this season.

Spot on!!

barfly

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2005
tent
Other Teams
essendon

Hopefully this loophole will be shut soon for the sake of fairness, but we can't do anything about it now, all Murchison can do is go with what they have (which is still good enough to beat Stanhope), and hope that this Grand Final isn't a blowout like the rest of them have been this season

Just a question are these guys originally from Stanhope prior to vfl?I reckon its fair for everyone either way as whats stopping other clubs using this loophole and doing the same.Sounds like a few other clubs just not smart enough

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
don't think its a 'loophole', all clubs would know it is available. Assume very few have tried, or would be able to attract VFL players to play KDL footy though(unless its their home club).

P.S. No they aren't from Stanhope originally

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
I'm hoping to see Avenel win the two's for me dear old friend Joeyboy Pollock, and then see Stroobants or Hams win the B.O.G. Medal in a 4 point thriller :D

I remember a day in 2003 at Yea where a Geelong Rookie played a game for us at Thornton, kicked 10 and nothing was said as we were his "nominated" club that season.

All clubs have had their chance to recruit, lean on mates and get themselves in a position to pounce. Obviously Stanhope have fared a bit better than some .... until now. Means little come Satdy arvo though as one group of men will still have to outshine their opponents - not just 1-2 handy players.

wmat4

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2007
Around the trap
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Some bad news out of the O & K with Tatong, Swanpool and Goorambat being told to all merge or fold..Only heard it on the radio this morning. Anyone know what the feeling would be at those clubs at this point in time? I believe it has come from the new AFL Victoria "North East" board.

Hopefully we don't see it in our local competition, but maybe it's only a matter of time..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Some bad news out of the O & K with Tatong, Swanpool and Goorambat being told to all merge or fold..Only heard it on the radio this morning. Anyone know what the feeling would be at those clubs at this point in time? I believe it has come from the new AFL Victoria "North East" board.

Hopefully we don't see it in our local competition, but maybe it's only a matter of time..

Pretty flat I'd imagine! Obviously this was priority #1 for the new commission in our area. Unfortunately KDFL you're next! :confused:

wmat4

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2007
Around the trap
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Pretty flat I'd imagine! Obviously this was priority #1 for the new commission in our area. Unfortunately KDFL you're next! :confused:
Without knowing much it seems to be a bit of a mess already, hopefully a solution can be sorted out soon. Let's hope they don't force it upon our clubs.

mickamona136

Senior List
Aug 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
don't think its a 'loophole', all clubs would know it is available. Assume very few have tried, or would be able to attract VFL players to play KDL footy though(unless its their home club).

P.S. No they aren't from Stanhope originally
. Got them both cheap if the story going around Girgarre Saturday is near the truth,$700 each for them 2 and $500 for Johnson , that's more than our budget for the Whole team. Stanhope used Saturday as a pracy match it was that easy for them. Also well done Girgarre president and his team, great looking ground , good food and cold beer, hope you get some more finals in the future not the SAME clubs every year.

wizza_2

Debutant
Nov 9, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
. Got them both cheap if the story going around Girgarre Saturday is near the truth,$700 each for them 2 and $500 for Johnson , that's more than our budget for the Whole team. Stanhope used Saturday as a pracy match it was that easy for them. Also well done Girgarre president and his team, great looking ground , good food and cold beer, hope you get some more finals in the future not the SAME clubs every year.
Johnston is on $750. Got offered an amount earlier in the year, but they threw this at him, too much to refuse sitting in the goal square. Stroobants and hams both in the 4figure mark!

KDL KINGS

Senior List
Apr 20, 2008
the goal square
AFL Club
Geelong
Johnston is on $750. Got offered an amount earlier in the year, but they threw this at him, too much to refuse sitting in the goal square. Stroobants and hams both in the 4figure mark!
haha, u blokes have no idea johnsone yes. but stroobs and hams were only payed for 2 games threw out the year and believe me it wasn't Wat u think it was either. and they arnt getn paid in finals. so for 2 games id b happy with Wat we paid. that is all. :)

Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
haha, u blokes have no idea johnsone yes. but stroobs and hams were only payed for 2 games threw out the year and believe me it wasn't Wat u think it was either. and they arnt getn paid in finals. so for 2 games id b happy with Wat we paid. that is all. :)

Surely they got paid for the token appearance in the reserves as well?

Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you on the panel in charge of who gets what payments at Stanhope ? If not you don't know either, Can Stanhope maintain over paying players for years to come ?

You're the one saying over paid champ. I reckon it will deliver a flag to Stanhope, smart work by the Lions, this afterall would be the going rate on the market for players of this calibre. I know sweet FA about what goes on at a Mainland committee meeting. The info came from Hams. Carry on :D

mickamona136

Senior List
Aug 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
M
You're the one saying over paid champ. I reckon it will deliver a flag to Stanhope, smart work by the Lions, this afterall would be the going rate on the market for players of this calibre. I know sweet FA about what goes on at a Mainland committee meeting. The info came from Hams. Carry on :D
my utensil up, was directed at KDL Kings, and you should no about Hams , doesn't a kid from the Gum live with him ?

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Are you on the panel in charge of who gets what payments at Stanhope ? If not you don't know either, Can Stanhope maintain over paying players for years to come ?
No one said that clubs can maintain spending big dollars year after year but if you can get a couple of players like Stanhope have and it gets them a flag then all the power to them. The loophole as it has been called is for every club to exploit not just some and when and if they close it every club has the right to do the same. We got a couple from the AFL this year and we couldn't even win an elimination final so it doesn't automatically mean they will win a flag. Nice read on page ten of todays Shepp news with Tony Ford from Rushy FC having a nice crack at me and our footy club about spending money and killing the league and the clubs in it. Geez thank Christ we didn't win it this year or Watto would have been forced to boot us out. With VT more than likely pulling the reins in next season and Murch and Stanhope also having a Crack this year, this could leave the door wide open for another club like Girgarre, Merrigum or even Longwood to make a big play in 2014. The wheel turns..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back