KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
No one said that clubs can maintain spending big dollars year after year but if you can get a couple of players like Stanhope have and it gets them a flag then all the power to them. The loophole as it has been called is for every club to exploit not just some and when and if they close it every club has the right to do the same. We got a couple from the AFL this year and we couldn't even win an elimination final so it doesn't automatically mean they will win a flag. Nice read on page ten of todays Shepp news with Tony Ford from Rushy FC having a nice crack at me and our footy club about spending money and killing the league and the clubs in it. Geez thank Christ we didn't win it this year or Watto would have been forced to boot us out. With VT more than likely pulling the reins in next season and Murch and Stanhope also having a Crack this year, this could leave the door wide open for another club like Girgarre, Merrigum or even Longwood to make a big play in 2014. The wheel turns..

Standing ovation on that post Jax!! I really get sick of clubs pointing the finger and blaming other clubs for what they are doing (more like what they wish they could do..). As long as there is no rules broken then we are all going to do "whatever it takes"..

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
Standing ovation on that post Jax!! I really get sick of clubs pointing the finger and blaming other clubs for what they are doing (more like what they wish they could do..). As long as there is no rules broken then we are all going to do "whatever it takes"..

Just to clarify WYD that article is Tony's opinion... Not that of the Rushworth football club

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
No one said that clubs can maintain spending big dollars year after year but if you can get a couple of players like Stanhope have and it gets them a flag then all the power to them. The loophole as it has been called is for every club to exploit not just some and when and if they close it every club has the right to do the same. We got a couple from the AFL this year and we couldn't even win an elimination final so it doesn't automatically mean they will win a flag. Nice read on page ten of todays Shepp news with Tony Ford from Rushy FC having a nice crack at me and our footy club about spending money and killing the league and the clubs in it. Geez thank Christ we didn't win it this year or Watto would have been forced to boot us out. With VT more than likely pulling the reins in next season and Murch and Stanhope also having a Crack this year, this could leave the door wide open for another club like Girgarre, Merrigum or even Longwood to make a big play in 2014. The wheel turns..

It goes in cycles mate as you well and truly know. Next year someone else might decide it's their "time" to have their crack at least you got a flag and finals appearances from your "time" sadly some clubs get their timing wrong, overspend and utensil it up ...... that's their own fault not that of club's who are in the situation to have their go at it.

Bloody sad about the clubs in the O&K, let's not forget the purpose that little comp known as the BDFL once served. It allowed guys who maybe couldn't (or didn't wanna) train, or weren't good enough to play to a better standard simply enjoy a game of football. Now it seems more clubs, with years and years of pride and history have had their hands forced.

I still remember 2005 mate, not for the fact Yea won the flag (or maybe a little) but the way the dismantling of the CGFL was handled. Maybe if some of them clubs joined the likes of Tatong, Devonsish, Goorambat, Tatong, Longwood well then all may have survived ..... and you wouldn't have had to spend massivley to win ya next flag ;)

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
In fairness to Tony, his message was probably lost in the reference to VT. IF you've got or can raise it spend it but also put aside some for the future, which I am sure that many clubs do when they realise they are out of the hunt. Tony's point appeared to be that there are less people making themselves available to raise the money and let's be honest, there will always be coaches around who want to cash cheques that they don't write. The key is to be scrupulous in who is appointed and who is recruited. Keeping a football/netball club viable is now a business and those working on the executive have particularly arduous responsibilities.

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
In fairness to Tony, his message was probably lost in the reference to VT. IF you've got or can raise it spend it but also put aside some for the future, which I am sure that many clubs do when they realise they are out of the hunt. Tony's point appeared to be that there are less people making themselves available to raise the money and let's be honest, there will always be coaches around who want to cash cheques that they don't write. The key is to be scrupulous in who is appointed and who is recruited. Keeping a football/netball club viable is now a business and those working on the executive have particularly arduous responsibilities.
`Not so sure Woody as I believe it was a direct crack at the VT footy club and the way we have gone about things in the last 2 years. Most players took a huge pay cut from last year to try and go back to back and a number of good sponsors wore most of the bill for Taz and Johnno and this is why our club can say that we are very financial at this point in time. I for one would not let the club end up in the state it was 7 years ago and will make sure that it is compeditive and financial for years to come. Not sure as to how Tony Ford got his info But being an older guy of a footy club he has struggled to move with the times. As a town that does not have a lot of young kids wanting to play footy we either pay outsiders or die which we at the club will not except. If all clubs in the KDFL relied on local talent from their town then god help us as the u/18 is not a high standard of footy by any means..I spoke to some Rushy guys late in the year and they told me that they are having a real crack next year so wondering if Tony is going to be a part of it when the money is being offered..No mention of other clubs also in this as I'm sure we weren't the only club this year to spend a bit but anyway good luck to both Stanhope and Murch for Making the Granny as they are the 2 best sides in the comp. At this stage I thing Stanhope will win by 2 points with 16 reports coming out of the game, Watto to have a stroke and Bree Boyle to spend 2 months sorting out the tribrunal arrangements.
We love the KDFNL and it will always succeed despite what some people think.

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
In regards to Tony's letter jax, a lot of it comes from he's personal experience, as tony was one of the main people to pull rushy out of the crapper during the mid 2000's. and something which he doesnt want to happen to rushy, or any other club for that matte, he was just expressing his concerns. Maybe leaving Violet Towns name out of the letter would have been better, but that was Tony's choice...
As for the granny I hope you're right, as last years was a bit one sided :D

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
In regards to Tony's letter jax, a lot of it comes from he's personal experience, as tony was one of the main people to pull rushy out of the crapper during the mid 2000's. and something which he doesnt want to happen to rushy, or any other club for that matte, he was just expressing his concerns. Maybe leaving Violet Towns name out of the letter would have been better, but that was Tony's choice...
As for the granny I hope you're right, as last years was a bit one sided :D

"The Trotter-Lamaro era at Violet Town ushered in an unprecedented level of spending on player personnel in the KDFL"
Surely this quote has not come from personal experience?
What Violet Town has spent in this era on player personnel has been achievable, perhaps unprecedented as far as our club is concerned but as far as the KDFL is concerned I cannot comment and nor should Mr Ford.
"some KDFL clubs have resorted to stretching league rules to the limits in a cynical bid to gain an advantage"
Watto a full investigation please - there has obviously been some reserves players playing under a bogus name!

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Does anyone know whether tomorrow's action with be broadcast (and/or streamed) on radio? Would love for Joeyboy to be able to listen to his Swans online.

To follow up needleman, I'll go Stanhope by 4pts with Stroobants B.O.G., and an Avenel win in the curtain raiser with Clint Capuano best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
Does anyone know whether tomorrow's action with be broadcast (and/or streamed) on radio? Would love for Joeyboy to be able to listen to his Swans online.

To follow up needleman, I'll go Stanhope by 4pts with Stroobants B.O.G., and an Avenel win in the curtain raiser with Clint Capuano best.

Murchison by 27pts. Medal to Jake Ewart
Undera by 23 pts. Medal to Troy Riordan
Nagambie by 3 pts. Medal to Mitch Burt

In the netball, Rushworth in A Grade, Lancaster in B, Murchison in C.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Murchison by 27pts. Medal to Jake Ewart
Undera by 23 pts. Medal to Troy Riordan
Nagambie by 3 pts. Medal to Mitch Burt

In the netball, Rushworth in A Grade, Lancaster in B, Murchison in C.
Stanhope by 53pts BOG Tom Hepburn
Avenel by 3pts BOG Robbie Sidebottom
Lancaster by 27pts BOG Zach Cerrone

Bit of action with the Sportsbet odds, Stanhope into $1.67 Murch $2.15

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It will be on 98.5ONEFM, for all 3 games as it has been for the last few years, but I don't know if their website has a live streaming section, but there's always a way to find out :)

Cheers for that Joe Mama will pass that info on :thumbsu:

I actually remember sitting in the box with Wes Cusworth and the team when Ardmona got over Stanhope with basically the last kick of the day at Murch back in I think 2006.

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
I won't make any predictions about the Undera & Avenel reserves game tomorrow as I am goal umpiring in it, and the only thing I want in that game is a nice clean result with no dramas (basically the opposite to what the supporters, the league and 1/2 of the players on the field want:cool:).

I'm not going to lie, I will feel about as toey as the players come midday, and it's as big of a day for us as it is for the players, because it's the final chapter for our seasons as well, so please keep that in mind if you can (even though no-one will, and we'll still be the white maggots and blind cheating b######s we're always alleged to be ;), but as they say, everyone wants to umpire but no-one wants to be the umpire:D)

But as far as the Seniors and the Under 18's go, I would have to back Lancaster to be pretty comfortable winners against Nagambie, in a similar result to their 2nd Semi Final match two weeks ago at Avenel, around 30 points and I would pick either DiPetta or Z. Cerrone for B.O.G.

The Seniors I think that Stanhope will win for one of four reasons 1. I believe that they will settle the quickest as they have been there and won that 2. The Mid Season inclusions of Stroobarts, Hams & Johnson will put the Lions ahead of Murchison in the head to heads and I think that these guys as well as the likes of Coad, Young & Mason give them the edge 3. Much greater finals experience, which will be a factor in reason number one and 4. Their form over the last month has been outstanding.

After all that, I think Stanhope will win by 20 points and J. Young will be the B.O.G

P.S
I hope that come 5pm tomorrow my predictions about Stanhope will be utterly false and that I've been shown to be speaking out of my arse !.

P.P.S
Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow on the court and field as both players, umpires and referees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back