KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha Me put my money where my mouth is?? I've already said I'd take you up on the offer!! To me that is putting my money where my mouth is? You where the 1 spruiking off not me.... So YOU put your money where your mouth is mate!! :)
I've always have been willing to have bets with u on many occasion but u will never be in it... Isn't that true..

Firstly Snowman12 I didn't say that Lanky would finish 3rd all I said was in reply to Normo3's comments that neither Violet Town & Lanky would finish in the finals! I believe 1 of the sides will.... & Secondly I believe on March the 6th you said the Murch, Nagz, Mez & Stanhope would be Top 4 with wait for it......................... LANKY & Avenel rounding out the Top 6!! Why the sudden change of mind snowball?? Or you just trying to have a stir of the pot old mate?? ;)
I see your good at this smooth, I changed my mind after I seen the clearances of who was going across to lanky haha if lanky are a good chance then we should through some money on them as $18 is a good return.

I see your good at this smooth, I changed my mind after I seen the clearances of who was going across to lanky haha if lanky are a good chance then we should through some money on them as $18 is a good return.
Hahaha Yeah I agree, I think their recruits are mostly past it & nothing special but I'm going on the logic that they made finals last year & I think VT will drop below them so effectively 2 teams outside the Top 6 have to push them out which I would say would be between Avenel, Rushy & Gig.... But still back Lanky in for a finals spot....

Ps yeah $18 are good odd's but think they're still abit off Murch.... ;)

Hahaha Yeah I agree, I think their recruits are mostly past it & nothing special but I'm going on the logic that they made finals last year & I think VT will drop below them so effectively 2 teams outside the Top 6 have to push them out which I would say would be between Avenel, Rushy & Gig.... But still back Lanky in for a finals spot....

Ps yeah $18 are good odd's but think they're still abit off Murch.... ;)
Any news on Undera and tally? A lot of coming and going at Undera.

???? Um since when? That's news to me!! Plus I don't usually gamble, but will lay the odd footy bet when I know it's a sure thing! Like this 1.... :D;)
Yeah sorry smoothy.. Was meant for swoopn pie.. Lancy have done pretty well getting a few from shepp east..spent some money tho. Clarkey on 700 and trev graham on 500.. Not bad.. All in all will b competitive wouldn't want to get to many injuries as apparently not much in the 2s hey swoopn pie.. :)

Pending a miracle Murchison will not have an Under 18 team this season. Our numbers dropped significantly over the summer with an average age of our players of 14.5 we have elected not to send them to the wolves.

The committee has not made this decision lightly and will be working hard to rectify this problem. Our current playing list will be spending the year at a mix of Nagambie, Undera and Tatura Under 14s or Under 16s.

Our projected numbers for future years look far more promising, I also know that we are not alone in struggling for numbers.

Last edited:
Also on the Auskick front, I am trying to get a local Grid Game concept off the ground. The idea is for KDFL Auskick centres near Tatura to send their kids to Tat one Friday night a month (May, June, July, August) where we will set up Grids like the AFL do and play a series of games against one another.

My thought is that we could sort the kids into two age groups Prep/1 and Grade 2/3. Then place the kids in teams of 6-8 players, throw a Bulldogs, Grasshoppers, Lions, Wombats, Tigers, Kangaroos or Cats jumper on them and play a game.

Please PM me if you think your Auskick centre might be interested in this. I can then put a case to the Tat Junior Football Committee to get it happening.

We have had some great interest in this concept. We will be meeting at Tatura Park on four occasions to play Auskick Rules games.

I have already had interested from Tatura, Toolamba, Murchison, Merrigum, Stanhope, Lancaster, Tallygaroopna, Kialla Central and Kialla West.

Our first meeting will be on Friday May 16th at 5.45 at Tatura Park.

Our target age is Prep/1 and Grade 2/3.

We have had some great interest in this concept. We will be meeting at Tatura Park on four occasions to play Auskick Rules games.

I have already had interested from Tatura, Toolamba, Murchison, Merrigum, Stanhope, Lancaster, Tallygaroopna, Kialla Central and Kialla West.

Our first meeting will be on Friday May 16th at 5.45 at Tatura Park.

Our target age is Prep/1 and Grade 2/3.
Hey grasskat how are yr numbers in the 2s tomoz..

Pending a miracle Murchison will not have an Under 18 team this season. Our numbers dropped significantly over the summer with an average age of our players of 14.5 we have elected not to send them to the wolves.

The committee has not made this decision lightly and will be working hard to rectify this problem. Our current playing list will be spending the year at a mix of Nagambie, Undera and Tatura Under 14s or Under 16s.

Our projected numbers for future years look far more promising, I also know that we are not alone in struggling for numbers.
Dissappointing that a club so successful and financial as Murchison cannot field a thirds team.

What other clubs are struggling?

Yeah sorry smoothy.. Was meant for swoopn pie.. Lancy have done pretty well getting a few from shepp east..spent some money tho. Clarkey on 700 and trev graham on 500.. Not bad.. All in all will b competitive wouldn't want to get to many injuries as apparently not much in the 2s hey swoopn pie.. :)

$700 Jeepers Creepers

Wow WEE! That's some big dollars!! Not as much as Phillip needleman thou his on $2,500 a game I'm told! Still a big sum! Would hope they spend some time at the bar!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see the Shepp News are tipping Avenel to top the ladder. They're making solid improvement, but I wouldn't have tipped them to improve that much.

Shepp News KDFL Ladder:
Avenel
Stanhope
Murchison
Nagambie
Merrigum
Lancaster
---------
Violet Town
Rushworth
Tallygaroopna
Ardmona
Longwood
Undera

I'd have Avenel below Merrigum personally, as well as Murchison above Stanhope. Can anyone offer some insight into Avenel's recruits?

Last edited:

$700 Jeepers Creepers

Wow WEE! That's some big dollars!! Not as much as Phillip needleman thou his on $2,500 a game I'm told! Still a big sum! Would hope they spend some time at the bar!

Anyone who believes those figure's of $700 & $500 is stirring the pot or has no idea what so ever about the game! I can assure you absolutely 100% that Lanky are not paying those figures or nowhere near that in fact to either of those players! Fencesitter & Snowball you 2 should know better.... ;)

But in saying that Snowy I heard Phil Needle's gets a little more than $2500 a game?? :D:D

Is this based on age or numbers? In 2009 Rushworth claimed the U/18 flag with a team that had an average age of 15.9. Several of those boys had played in the years before as 12, 13 and 14 year kids including donning a Murchison jumper to make up numbers. Many of them doubled up from GCFL U/14 games to keep a Rushworth team in the competition. If the numbers are there, and I mean fourteen or more, Murchison should have a side and be prepared to work with the opposition week to week for a reasonable outcome.

Come on normo we both know they are not getting that sort of dough. Lancy unlike your beloved club and others are smarter than that

Is this based on age or numbers? In 2009 Rushworth claimed the U/18 flag with a team that had an average age of 15.9. Several of those boys had played in the years before as 12, 13 and 14 year kids including donning a Murchison jumper to make up numbers. Many of them doubled up from GCFL U/14 games to keep a Rushworth team in the competition. If the numbers are there, and I mean fourteen or more, Murchison should have a side and be prepared to work with the opposition week to week for a reasonable outcome.

I agree Woody. Not totally sure of the final figure we had but it was well short of 14.

Two points for your consideration;

1. If KDFL went to U17s like MFL and PDFL our 14 & 15 year olds would be more tempted to play for their local club.

2. If the regions Under 16s continue with their progression toward club alignment with one team per club (like a GVFL 4th XVIII) we would see a much healthier KDFL 3rds competition with a full quota of players.

It's only early but it seems that this season might see a more even competition. Despite the significant outs at Undera they were only beaten by six goals, Murchison were lacklustre, Lancaster were soundly beaten in what would have been pencilled in as a win and Longwood kicked nine goals against a side that has dominated in previous seasons. As an aside, is there any chance that the league can do away with three central umpires, including finals? Good, bad or indifferent, these people are not trained and paid as with the AFL and the pace of the game doesn't demand it. Three interpretations of the same rule is frustrating for both players and spectators.

It's only early but it seems that this season might see a more even competition. Despite the significant outs at Undera they were only beaten by six goals, Murchison were lacklustre, Lancaster were soundly beaten in what would have been pencilled in as a win and Longwood kicked nine goals against a side that has dominated in previous seasons. As an aside, is there any chance that the league can do away with three central umpires, including finals? Good, bad or indifferent, these people are not trained and paid as with the AFL and the pace of the game doesn't demand it. Three interpretations of the same rule is frustrating for both players and spectators.
Could'nt agree more Woody. Even when the 3 umpires started in the AFL I was worried about the 3 different interpretations but I think as the pace has increased it is worked well but for country footy 2 umps is definitely sufficient. The most important thing is consistency!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back