Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot36

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2010
echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
For a bloke who says he's thick skinned you sure have bitten back. No I was fortunate enough to win a flag played in two premlim tho so yeah you might have that over me but what I have and always will is loyalty over you, clearly you shop yourself around club to club year after year rapping them of money your not even remotely close To being worth. $850 is disgraceful and club need a kick up the backside For allowing it. I'd hate to run around with that pressure over my head but then again wouldn't worry you.
mate we are happy with what we are doing and how we have gone about it.

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
mate we are happy with what we are doing and how we have gone about it.

Good point Clubs go about trying to get success differently and Clubs have strengths and weakness in how they are able to build their list. Reading this thread Lancaster have tried to build the most talented list to blow the league away while the Nagambie & Merrigum's believe the best way to go about it is to have local lists that train together week in week out ( And maybe cant quite fundraise to the same level). Lancaster aren't doing anything outside of the rules so some of the talk on here is a bit silly.

Is there any teams outside the 3 often mentioned that could pop up and be a serious contender? Or very unlikely?

Taygen Sage

Rookie
Jul 30, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey sage.. Any truth u boys picked up 4 from lancefield.. If so any quality in those 4
Hey sage.. Any truth u boys picked up 4 from lancefield.. If so any quality in those 4

Evening Normo, not sure mate, I know Seany was speaking to a few from Lancefield but whether they have signed I cannot confirm. Stay tuned though, as soon as I find out I'll let you know.

Mar 28, 2012
3rd spooky castle on left
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Steelers Perth Scorchers
Good point Clubs go about trying to get success differently and Clubs have strengths and weakness in how they are able to build their list. Reading this thread Lancaster have tried to build the most talented list to blow the league away while the Nagambie & Merrigum's believe the best way to go about it is to have local lists that train together week in week out ( And maybe cant quite fundraise to the same level). Lancaster aren't doing anything outside of the rules so some of the talk on here is a bit silly.

Is there any teams outside the 3 often mentioned that could pop up and be a serious contender? Or very unlikely?

I'd say Stanhope. From what I gather they had a terrible run with injury last year and to a lot of key players and still managed to finish only a game behind Merrigum and Nagambie. Have only lost 1-2 from last seasons main 21 and have picked up some quality players. Have the easiest draw of the big 4(Lancy,Nagambie,Merrigum and themselves). Only half decent teams they play twice are Avenel and Murch(who have apparently lost a few). Think the other three all play each other twice. Stanhope and Lancy are perennial finalists and expect both of them to be there at the pointy end of the season once more. With Stanhope's draw and a decent run with injuries there as good a chance as any in my opinion.
I don't think the top 3 will be head and shoulders above the rest like some may have us believe

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd say Stanhope. From what I gather they had a terrible run with injury last year and to a lot of key players and still managed to finish only a game behind Merrigum and Nagambie. Have only lost 1-2 from last seasons main 21 and have picked up some quality players. Have the easiest draw of the big 4(Lancy,Nagambie,Merrigum and themselves). Only half decent teams they play twice are Avenel and Murch(who have apparently lost a few). Think the other three all play each other twice. Stanhope and Lancy are perennial finalists and expect both of them to be there at the pointy end of the season once more. With Stanhope's draw and a decent run with injuries there as good a chance as any in my opinion.
I don't think the top 3 will be head and shoulders above the rest like some may have us believe

Chapman performed a massive patch up job at Heathcote when he first arrived there to win a flag and had a few good years there so wouldnt put the pen through his side just yet either.

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chapman performed a massive patch up job at Heathcote when he first arrived there to win a flag and had a few good years there so wouldnt put the pen through his side just yet either.
Yes very true. Chapman will bring something to the table at Murch that's for sure. A team very much like Stanhope last year that had there fair share of injuries, to key personnel too, and still managed to make a charge at the pointy end of the season. But they have lost some key players. Milne,Rennie,Warnett,Monteath,HTL and both the Shiels' won't be easy to replace and with Cullinan's plans still up in the air they will need some quality inclusions just to cover these losses and remain on par with last season. The big 3 for 2015 look to be Lancy,Merrigum and Nagambie and from the looks of it all 3 will be better sides then the ones that ran around in the same jumper this year so a side below these 3 can't simply look to remain on par in terms of quality on there list from this year as they will come up short. Teams like Murch,Stanhope,Avenel,etc will all need to improve on 2014's performances to match it with the best. Teams like Undera and Ardy will look to step up further on the ladder once more. Tally I feel will drop off with the players they have lost(and a shame too, they were starting to play good footy with all the young kids they had), Rushy will need some improvement, Armstrong is off to Sandhurst I believe and with Lloydy not coaching I'd say others will exit. Gig although cruelled by injuries in 2014 have lost a few(Patten,Densley,Dearing all back to Stanhope,Ash Hughes back to Tonny,Makar and O'Dwyer both to leave and Johnstone to have a year off) and will battle. Longwood will struggle again with big Joe already gone from the coaching ranks and don't know enough about VT to comment(Have picked up a young CHB from the Pioneers though, correct?)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes very true. Chapman will bring something to the table at Murch that's for sure. A team very much like Stanhope last year that had there fair share of injuries, to key personnel too, and still managed to make a charge at the pointy end of the season. But they have lost some key players. Milne,Rennie,Warnett,Monteath,HTL and both the Shiels' won't be easy to replace and with Cullinan's plans still up in the air they will need some quality inclusions just to cover these losses and remain on par with last season. The big 3 for 2015 look to be Lancy,Merrigum and Nagambie and from the looks of it all 3 will be better sides then the ones that ran around in the same jumper this year so a side below these 3 can't simply look to remain on par in terms of quality on there list from this year as they will come up short. Teams like Murch,Stanhope,Avenel,etc will all need to improve on 2014's performances to match it with the best. Teams like Undera and Ardy will look to step up further on the ladder once more. Tally I feel will drop off with the players they have lost(and a shame too, they were starting to play good footy with all the young kids they had), Rushy will need some improvement, Armstrong is off to Sandhurst I believe and with Lloydy not coaching I'd say others will exit. Gig although cruelled by injuries in 2014 have lost a few(Patten,Densley,Dearing all back to Stanhope,Ash Hughes back to Tonny,Makar and O'Dwyer both to leave and Johnstone to have a year off) and will battle. Longwood will struggle again with big Joe already gone from the coaching ranks and don't know enough about VT to comment(Have picked up a young CHB from the Pioneers though, correct?)

Did I read correctly? Big Joe already gone from Longwood?

Jan 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
No your definitely correct there BB23, Longwood are 100% still looking for a new coach....
Believe so WYD. Unless my mail is incorrect:confused:

Maybe Swoop was wrong. They can be further behind the pack.. Feel sorry for the buggers, it's hard to see a way up for the Leggers. They need a saviour and they need one NOW!
It's a shame to see some of the lower sides dropping off again. No one wants to see the 300+ margins of a few years back.

mickamona136

Senior List
Aug 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
So Gig have picked up no players yet ? If you say no you don't no what your on about.

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
So Gig have picked up no players yet ? If you say no you don't no what your on about.
Of course Gig would have picked up players by now(I'd hope so anyway this close to the new year). I haven't heard of any names though so therefore no point posting what I don't know. What I do know though is like I mentioned earlier, although they were cruelled by injuries last year(Had something like 50+ players play senior football) they finished equal bottom and since then have lost 1/3 of there best side(That I know of). What I'm getting at here is that they will need an influx of key players to even be competitive with the middle of the rung sides, let alone the top 3 sides(Which is what my reply to Bush Fly was about-Which teams can match it with the best). Gig have had many quality players come and go during different coaching eras(Canavans,Hansons,Pattens etc) but haven't managed to have any success whatsoever. Has more to do with the locals I think that are left there. I hope this new coach brings plenty of quality players with him and Gig can rise up the ladder as it will be great for the comp. Besides Longwood Gig is the only club that I can think of without any sort of success(And Avenel, but they made finals last year and look to be on the improve) since I've followed KDFL football which was quite awhile ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe Swoop was wrong. They can be further behind the pack.. Feel sorry for the buggers, it's hard to see a way up for the Leggers. They need a saviour and they need one NOW!
It's a shame to see some of the lower sides dropping off again. No one wants to see the 300+ margins of a few years back.
DIDS its obvious you and I are both passionate about the kdl and I have said many times on this forum that nothing would be
better than having a fairly even comp but its not going to happen in 2015 I just cant see the 300+margins not being a realistic call
nagambi the gum and lancy and im not writing Stanhope off are going to hand out some beltings to the lower sides I hope im wrong!!!!

foxtrot36

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2010
echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
lanky will have a better side than this year
no doubting that

Warna99

Debutant
Apr 14, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Can confirm that key departures from Rushy include (but are not limited to): J. Perry to Rochy, Hamilton back to Melbourne, Gledhill back to Picola league, Armstrong to Sandhurst, Gage hanging them up, Cameron Heily to Melbourne, Hards to Mildura, Ben Gill to East Burwood, Lloyd hanging them up, Rowland hangning them up, Gerry Lucas not playing, Mason Vearing to Qld, Stevie Glenn hanging them up... Could be interesting times at Rushy considering the amount of players to move on. Had the chance to sign Barden from Lower Plenty but apparently didnt want to commit prior to having a coach. Hopefully the new coach bruings some quality players along to be competitive.

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Can confirm that key departures from Rushy include (but are not limited to): J. Perry to Rochy, Hamilton back to Melbourne, Gledhill back to Picola league, Armstrong to Sandhurst, Gage hanging them up, Cameron Heily to Melbourne, Hards to Mildura, Ben Gill to East Burwood, Lloyd hanging them up, Rowland hangning them up, Gerry Lucas not playing, Mason Vearing to Qld, Stevie Glenn hanging them up... Could be interesting times at Rushy considering the amount of players to move on. Had the chance to sign Barden from Lower Plenty but apparently didnt want to commit prior to having a coach. Hopefully the new coach bruings some quality players along to be competitive.
Wow a lot of outs there Warna! 13. All the engine room by the looks of it too with Hammer,Armstrong,Glenn,Gage and Vearing among those mentioned. Add in a couple down the spine gone and the recruiting would want to be plentiful. With Girgarre and Rushy turning over so many players(Which neither could afford) and Longwood still chasing a coach there could be some big margins again in season 2015. Especially if Nagambie,Merrigum and Lancy are going to be even stronger than the 2014 versions.

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,

Gee where'd you get your info from warna... most of it on the money but not all at this stage. As for barden not quite right either as he had verbally committed to coming but then had some family matters that meant traveling to rushy every weekend wouldn't be possible.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
yes don't rule out murchison with the big bowser doing his biggest pre season ever....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back