KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he played. Think he will be a handy player. Not a superstar but will get the job done

Is he likely to give Lancaster an advantage in the ruck against nagambie/merrigum because their rucks are average at best?

gig and undera are having a hitout tonight at gig, could be worth a look
At times scrappy match with Undera apparently missing 7-8 out of best sides and gig missing a few 2. Undera dominated first 3 quarters and moved the ball quickly and looked good in patches before being outplayed in the last with at best 10 senior players on the ground.
The work gig have done to facilities was impressive!

Is he likely to give Lancaster an advantage in the ruck against nagambie/merrigum because their rucks are average at best?
Nagambie had 2 good young ruckman last year, not elite at centre bounces but as good as most around the ground. rotated well off the bench and ran forward. Add 2 that Ricky Misiti!!
Rossy from the gum is a lot better than an average tap ruckman IMO, has a big leap and competes well. With the addition of 2 GV representative mids (linc with unrivalled experience at the feet of Kirby) will only get better!!
The big fella at Stanhope will also hold his own against anyone.
Rutherford comes with big wraps and expectations but above mentioned "top 4 sides" will give enough competition in the ruck department?

Also where has there ruck from last year gone?? He is more than handy!! Could be a very scary combination if he's still around? Or will only 1 ruckman fit into the star studded lineup Ark?

Also where has there ruck from last year gone?? He is more than handy!! Could be a very scary combination if he's still around? Or will only 1 ruckman fit into the star studded lineup Ark?
Nah from what I've seen & heard last years ruckmen Dougo is still around but is only keen on playing 2's, but will get the occasional call up as Rutherford is only allocated 12 games plus finals....

Nagambie had 2 good young ruckman last year, not elite at centre bounces but as good as most around the ground. rotated well off the bench and ran forward. Add 2 that Ricky Misiti!!
Rossy from the gum is a lot better than an average tap ruckman IMO, has a big leap and competes well. With the addition of 2 GV representative mids (linc with unrivalled experience at the feet of Kirby) will only get better!!
The big fella at Stanhope will also hold his own against anyone.
Rutherford comes with big wraps and expectations but above mentioned "top 4 sides" will give enough competition in the ruck department?

Just to add to Rossy, Josh Stammers from the Gum is no mug in the ruck department & around the ground either.... Plenty of senior GV experience.... This Rutherford does have big wraps & probably very deservedly so, but I will guarantee that he won't have everything his own way this year.... Add to the ruckmen already mention from Nag's, Gum & Stanhope you have Breen from Undera who is a fighter & won't give up all day, Ewart from Murch, Jones Gig.... All decent ruckmen in their own way the will give as good as they get.... Just my opinion tho!

Nice review from Pastit. Josh Stammers is somewhat of a forgotten man at the moment. Injured for most of last season, from memory was top 5 in the league medal the year before. Finally he's getting in a full pre-season and played well in Practice Matches. Definitely still one of the leagues best rucks when fit.
The Shepp news record had Rutherford at 118kgs and 198cm. Easily the biggest unit in the league

Last edited:
Rushy have a side together and played Point Cook I believe. Maybe Jayco could fill us in

Correct. played point cook in a 6 quarter game.. heard it was a pretty good hit out.. unsure of the result not that it matters. The fact rushy got a team together is the main thing..

Dougo is still around. He was swapping with big boy trent to give him a spell. His endeavour at the football is fantastic. Dougo also did fairly well down in chf. Took a fair few grabs in the last half. Just needs to practice his kicking. I have spoken with him a few times and he is happy to play ones but would probably rather play a full game in the twos with no bench time!

I think having them both in the team will give lanky an edge. Too early to tell with trent at the moment. He moves well for a big boy. I reckon he is very similiar to wagstaff at stanny.

Saw him play for Wang in the O & M a couple of years back. Would need to have improved markedly - was lost on the big O & M grounds and had limited physical presence despite his size.
High expectations for the ruckman coming from hoppers crossing he can't be that good only got in the best 1ce I would be backing nagambie,s ruckman to be more damaging than Rutherford

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw him play for Wang in the O & M a couple of years back. Would need to have improved markedly - was lost on the big O & M grounds and had limited physical presence despite his size.

Just to keep you in the loop, the ball moves half as quick in the KDFL compared to O and M. If you get lost on KDFL field you have an issue

High expectations for the ruckman coming from hoppers crossing he can't be that good only got in the best 1ce I would be backing nagambie,s ruckman to be more damaging than Rutherford

From what i can see he was 2nd String ruckman to Wade Skipper. Which is probably why he wasnt featured. Dunno why I am defending a wombat player

Reports out of nagambie both shiels boys to miss first month of football , big blow for reigning premiers with both very vital I'm their flag win
My tip in the block buster first round is LANCASTER by 27 points.. I think they will have to many gun on ballers which will take them along way to winning it with plenty of rotations.. And with nagambie only playing 1 praccy mite be a bit underdone.. Well time will tell.. That's my 2 bobs worth.. :)

My tip in the block buster first round is LANCASTER by 27 points.. I think they will have to many gun on ballers which will take them along way to winning it with plenty of rotations.. And with nagambie only playing 1 praccy mite be a bit underdone.. Well time will tell.. That's my 2 bobs worth.. :)
Shit!! Can't believe some one on this blog has accutally given the wombats a chance and picked them to win in the rd 1 blockbuster I for one was starting to think if it was worth while turning up !!! all jokes aside the lakers should be warm favourites to win the game with the game being played on their home deck with the unveiling of the flag in saying all that this lancy side is far and I mean far better than the side that just missed out in playing in the perim last year

He
Reports out of nagambie both shiels boys to miss first month of football , big blow for reigning premiers with both very vital I'm their flag win
hey mate I also heard that Stevens had a falling out with Taylor - Lloyd and is leaving taking Rattray with him surely that's just bullshit??? Know anything about that?

Yeah Stevens gone that's also what I heard but wasn't sure , pretty sure it was over payments towards Rattray and Stevens with TL not happy along with others

From what i can see he was 2nd String ruckman to Wade Skipper. Which is probably why he wasnt featured. Dunno why I am defending a wombat player

Feel a bit sorry for the Wombats now, seems like they have recruited the worst ruckman on the face of the Earth. Listed as 196cm so you can wipe a few cm off that and if he's 118kg - well he'd better start a weight loss program coz he won't be able to match it will all the hard running, high leaping, highly skilled rucks that we have in the league. Interesting to see he was contracted to Hoppers - surely if you have a contract with a club you should see it out - Lancaster must have offered a lot to force this breakage. So the main question is, will Lancaster match Violet Town of 2012 for obscene amounts of money spent on footballers? I think they will!

You will notice that many clearances appear to be stalled and not being approved.

This is because all players must complete the online registration process before they will show as approved. Clubs might want to give this some attention over the next week of so.

Feel a bit sorry for the Wombats now, seems like they have recruited the worst ruckman on the face of the Earth. Listed as 196cm so you can wipe a few cm off that and if he's 118kg - well he'd better start a weight loss program coz he won't be able to match it will all the hard running, high leaping, highly skilled rucks that we have in the league. Interesting to see he was contracted to Hoppers - surely if you have a contract with a club you should see it out - Lancaster must have offered a lot to force this breakage. So the main question is, will Lancaster match Violet Town of 2012 for obscene amounts of money spent on footballers? I think they will!

I went and watched Lanky saturday. They looked pretty good with alot of depth through onball brigade, Young kid Zac i think his name looked good down back for the bats. Rutherford looked pretty underdone, big body and moves well, he is certainly 196cm. Will be pretty strong throughout the year. Unsure who the hard running ruckman are in the league that go forward and kick goals and dominate games lol? Id say stanhopes ruckman last year was one of the best and he was about 190cm and 130kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back