Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudgun1

Debutant
Nov 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Peter Goggin will be the next Ardy coach Yes or No guido ?
With Christmas just around the corner they might as well Raffle it and just get someone in the job. I think its time for the Ky League administration to put the heat on a few of these clubs with some criteria to meet over the next year or two. They arent healthy for the league in many ways in their current state and they have too many teams as it is.

guido66

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
With Christmas just around the corner they might as well Raffle it and just get someone in the job. I think its time for the Ky League administration to put the heat on a few of these clubs with some criteria to meet over the next year or two. They arent healthy for the league in many ways in their current state and they have too many teams as it is.
In response to your comments
In response to your unsubstantiated comments which teams should the league be putting heat on. If you are talking about ardmona you are il informed the club has been working very hard for the first time they have a football department a executive committee which sole purpose is fundraising. Secondly your stupid comment of holding a raffle to find a coach the club has been in talks with peter for about 12 weeks. We had some really good candidates apply for the job but we got the bloke we were after.

guido66

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Not being healthy for the league can you explain spud and what type of criteria. You seem to forget ardmona had a very successful era where they played off in 8 grand finals in 15 years. With the young crop of players coming through and a couple of recruits it won't take long for the club to be winning more games than they lose. Hope everyone has a enjoyable and safe Christmas.

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not being healthy for the league can you explain spud and what type of criteria. You seem to forget ardmona had a very successful era where they played off in 8 grand finals in 15 years. With the young crop of players coming through and a couple of recruits it won't take long for the club to be winning more games than they lose. Hope everyone has a enjoyable and safe Christmas.
Yes fair call on both comments guido Ardy has certainly been the most successful side in the last 20 years in Kdl but people sadly only want to remember the bad years I'm sure with some strong administration and some generous sponsors and a lot of hard work Ardy will once again be a force cheers guido have a great Christmas!!

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Agree with you mate. It's easy to criticise a club/community when a side has a dry spell but I reckon the more clubs staying viable in the KDFL is the ultimate aim. Healthy footy teams (or even a footy team that is having its turn at the bottom) are better than no footy team. Country footy is one big melting pot and we cannot afford to be extinguishing community teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spudgun1

Debutant
Nov 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

In response to your unsubstantiated comments which teams should the league be putting heat on. If you are talking about ardmona you are il informed the club has been working very hard for the first time they have a football department a executive committee which sole purpose is fundraising. Secondly your stupid comment of holding a raffle to find a coach the club has been in talks with peter for about 12 weeks. We had some really good candidates apply for the job but we got the bloke we were after.
Bit silly of the Club to string the process of appointing a Coach this far then but well done on getting one. Ardmona have had success but not for a long while now and havent played finals for close to a decade and would probably have 20 plus 30 goal hidings to the Clubs name since their last GF. Ardmonas success in the past while many dont like to give him credit was lead by Meka in the years around him not being there they havent been the same Club. By all reports Justin Williams did a power of work and had the Club moving in the right direction before the administration let him down with finances.Good to hear there has been some steps put in place to try and improve we will wait and see things go now youve got the Coach you wanted. From the League prospective id be pushing the Clubs in the bottom bunkers and you would include Gig in it as well because they have been poor for so long to show how they are planning to improve and the league also needs to be in a position to provide support to help because currently there are too many boring blow out games in this league. More than other comps. Whats the Clubs aims for next year Guido? Are you able to keep many of the good kids from the successful 3rds teams of the past couple of years?

guido66

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Bit silly of the Club to string the process of appointing a Coach this far then but well done on getting one. Ardmona have had success but not for a long while now and havent played finals for close to a decade and would probably have 20 plus 30 goal hidings to the Clubs name since their last GF. Ardmonas success in the past while many dont like to give him credit was lead by Meka in the years around him not being there they havent been the same Club. By all reports Justin Williams did a power of work and had the Club moving in the right direction before the administration let him down with finances.Good to hear there has been some steps put in place to try and improve we will wait and see things go now youve got the Coach you wanted. From the League prospective id be pushing the Clubs in the bottom bunkers and you would include Gig in it as well because they have been poor for so long to show how they are planning to improve and the league also needs to be in a position to provide support to help because currently there are too many boring blow out games in this league. More than other comps. Whats the Clubs aims for next year Guido? Are you able to keep many of the good kids from the successful 3rds teams of the past couple of years?
Seven years ago was ardmonas last finals appearance they played in three grand finals in a row. We have retained most of the 3rds. In regards to the finance unfortunately there were to many players being paid more than what they are worth. Yes I do agree With some of the scorelines being so lob sided isn't a good look for the league but I can assure you ardmona will be working hard to rectify this problem.

mickamona136

Senior List
Aug 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't forget Tally, Rushworth,Longwood, Ardy who all Finished Under Girgarre SPUD

foxtrot36

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2010
echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood

Who were the other candidates?

Spudgun1

Debutant
Nov 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't forget Tally, Rushworth,Longwood, Ardy who all Finished Under Girgarre SPUD
I think Girgarre more than qualify for being a Competition struggler. They spent a long long time in the wilderness. Any optimism they could play finals next year Ontheball?

jabbajabba

Debutant
Oct 25, 2010
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton

Spud are you forgetting what country football is about? You're calling for team to have heat put on them to perform, saying there are too many sides in the comp. The league should be providing help not heat. Girgarre struggle year in year out, but you know what - each week they put a team on the park and the Girgarre locals go down and watch their team play and have a few beers. That, I think is more important than winning premierships by recruiting out of towners. Because if you tell clubs like Ardmona and Gig to pull their weight to recruit to win and they don't what are you going to do? Get rid of them? Because as soon those clubs fold there will be no coming back, the facilities will be wasted and the locals that used to go and watch their club play - what will they do? Football in rural community's is about more than just success on the park. Of course it helps but if it gives people something to do in towns where not much else goes on and it gives kids a place to play footy then leave them be!

Last edited:

mickamona136

Senior List
Aug 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Girgarre more than qualify for being a Competition struggler. They spent a long long time in the wilderness. Any optimism they could play finals next year Ontheball?
Spud I can tell you Gig will get the 4 points round one, not sure why you singled out Gig in your post , from all accounts they are traveling along good as far as recruiting goes, I'm not sure of there long term goals but I'm sure they don't need the leagues help like you have hinted, if your concerned about Gigs well been get along and support there sportsman night in Feb and spread your money around

Spudgun1

Debutant
Nov 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Spud are you forgetting what country football is about? You're calling for team to have heat put on them to perform, saying there are too many sides in the comp. The league should be providing help not heat. Girgarre struggle year in year out, but you know what - each week they put a team on the park and the Girgarre locals go down and watch their team play and have a few beers. That, I think is more important than winning premierships by recruiting out of towners. Because if you tell clubs like Ardmona and Gig to pull their weight to recruit to win and they don't what are you going to do? Get rid of them? Because as soon those clubs fold there will be no coming back, the facilities will be wasted and the locals that used to go and watch their club play - what will they do? Football in rural community's is about more than just success on the park. Of course it helps but if it gives people something to do in towns where not much else goes on and it gives kids a place to play footy then leave them be!
I see your point in part just thought there would be more urgency amongst these battling Clubs to get up the ladder.

Pastit

Debutant
Jun 1, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Spud I can tell you Gig will get the 4 points round one, not sure why you singled out Gig in your post , from all accounts they are traveling along good as far as recruiting goes, I'm not sure of there long term goals but I'm sure they don't need the leagues help like you have hinted, if your concerned about Gigs well been get along and support there sportsman night in Feb and spread your money around
Visited both gig and ardy this year and although scoreboard didn't always look great from both sides, it was more than obvious that a power of work was being done behind the scenes!!
Gig's away rooms were almost unrecognisable from last year and ardy's had a coat of paint and looked a lot better! Both clubs were very inviting and couldn't not throw a few dollars over the bar and stay for a beer..
Over the years I've found success on field doesn't necessarily flow onto success off field! As this year has shown, the well run clubs with patience and strategic recruitment can be successful on field and remain viable!! No doubt both gig and ardy will climb the ladder in time while remaining vital cogs in the community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back