Not open for further replies.

Blackout

All Australian
Apr 1, 2009
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Trivia Time.

If Avenel were to break their premiership drought this season, the KDL will see three premiership droughts of 31, 25 and 22 years broken in three of the last 4 years. The longest drought in the KDFL would then be Girgarre (25 years) with Rushworth's 12-year drought being the second longest in the KDFL.

Since 2004 (being Rushworth's last flag), 10 different clubs have won a senior premiership; leaving only Avenel, Girgarre and Longwood without a flag in that time.

Outside of the KDFL, I believe Longwood's last premiership was 2000 in the Benalla DFL.

Last edited:

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
Trivia Time.

If Avenel were to break their premiership drought this season, the KDL will see three premiership droughts of 31, 25 and 22 years broken in three consecutive years. The longest drought in the KDFL would then be Girgarre (25 years) with Rushworth's 12-year drought being the second longest in the KDFL.

Since 2004 (being Rushworth's last flag), 10 different clubs have won a senior premiership; leaving only Avenel, Girgarre and Longwood without a flag in that time.

Outside of the KDFL, I believe Longwood's last premiership was 2000 in the Benalla DFL.

Dont think it had been 22 years between flags for nagambie when they won it in 2014 blackout

Blackout

All Australian
Apr 1, 2009
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Dont think it had been 22 years between flags for nagambie when they won it in 2014 blackout
Point taken. I fixed that little mistake, for some reason I had it in my head that it had been Murchison and Merrigum the last two years. I am sure a few of the Merrigum faithful would like to forget about that premiership of Nagambie's as conveniently as I have.

Last edited:

The Scribe

Senior List
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Smooth, only going on what I've heard, the 3 confirmed departures for the Gum would be Yze (Katandra), Durwood (Tatura) & Pell (Ky) ?

Is Sullivan going around again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spudgun1

Debutant
Nov 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Smooth, only going on what I've heard, the 3 confirmed departures for the Gum would be Yze (Katandra), Durwood (Tatura) & Pell (Ky) ? Sullivan is on at Heidelberg along with ex Richmond wild man Dan Connors. The one I heard they havent conceded yet is Durward although Tat have named his as a recruit.

Is Sullivan going around again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spudgun1

Debutant
Nov 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He has told his mates he doesnt know what to do next year or if he wants to play at all...
Durward is still in the picture then finding replacements to the standard of whats going out the door in the window after Christmas wont be easy.

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
He has told his mates he doesnt know what to do next year or if he wants to play at all...
And this seems to be the problem we have in country footy. Young blokes earmarked for bigger things only to be burnt out and become disinterested before they've even played a game of senior footy. Apparently the wise people from the Shepparton area want to start doing this from U/12.

Spudgun1

Debutant
Nov 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who said we haven't already found the replacements needed to stay there abouts next year?? ;):thumbsu:
You may have Smooth but normally if recruits have been secured it is public property pretty quick. I heard their had been some potentials on the track but like I stated id be surprised if they are of the same quality. But in saying that not discounting Merrigum as a chance to be up there as theyve done the past few years.

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
You may have Smooth but normally if recruits have been secured it is public property pretty quick. I heard their had been some potentials on the track but like I stated id be surprised if they are of the same quality. But in saying that not discounting Merrigum as a chance to be up there as theyve done the past few years.
Only time will tell Spud... That's the beauty of footy!! Never know what it'll bring....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back