KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All clubs have unavailable players but a full game in Thirds before a Senior match???
Woody get a life mate... I think me and hank and many other players have been there and done that b4.. And would again being young and wanting to play the best footy as a young bloke...

Woody get a life mate... I think me and hank and many other players have been there and done that b4.. And would again being young and wanting to play the best footy as a young bloke...
I like my life thanks, it's pretty full and entertaining. Let's hope these blokes keep pulling on the boots and don't get jaded. I reckon you might have some young blokes in the Reserves who'd like a crack at Seniors as well.

Does that mean that Stanhope are travelling that well that kids need to double up???
I know Lowey was against it when he was out at Stanhope coaching but speaking from experience I always happened to double up when selected in the ones as a junior. Found nothing wrong with it. Each to their own I guess.
3rds at the moment are pretty light on for numbers. Have had permit players the last 2 games from various clubs just to get the full 18 on the park. Anderson and Stokes are two of the better juniors so could see why they are required in the under 18's(Especially with numbers not the greatest).
Neither of the boys were initially selected to play in the ones. Anderson was called up late Friday night due to Wagstaff pulling out and Stokes was called up today probably 3/4 way through the thirds due to Hoota not being able to make it across due to work commitments after initially picking himself also.
Hopefully the young fellas won't be required to double up in the future. Luck with injuries last season seems to have rolled into this year(Although Gemmil,Forys,Hoota and Col Harvey were all just unavailable-Not injured). Should get back Al Young,Hoota,Forys,Gemmil,Hanslow and maybe Sommerville this week v Nagambie which will see the kids not required

All I can say is stanny had, waggs, McCurry, Hoota, Somerville, gemmil, young, forys, out and maybe a couple more.. Know excuse but geez 7 out if ya best 10 must hurt In any club hey.. !!!
Hanslow and Col Harvey also. As you said though no excuse. Murch can only beat what's infront of them and credit to them they played good footy.

I know Lowey was against it when he was out at Stanhope coaching but speaking from experience I always happened to double up when selected in the ones as a junior. Found nothing wrong with it. Each to their own I guess.
3rds at the moment are pretty light on for numbers. Have had permit players the last 2 games from various clubs just to get the full 18 on the park. Anderson and Stokes are two of the better juniors so could see why they are required in the under 18's(Especially with numbers not the greatest).
Neither of the boys were initially selected to play in the ones. Anderson was called up late Friday night due to Wagstaff pulling out and Stokes was called up today probably 3/4 way through the thirds due to Hoota not being able to make it across due to work commitments after initially picking himself also.
Hopefully the young fellas won't be required to double up in the future. Luck with injuries last season seems to have rolled into this year(Although Gemmil,Forys,Hoota and Col Harvey were all just unavailable-Not injured). Should get back Al Young,Hoota,Forys,Gemmil,Hanslow and maybe Sommerville this week v Nagambie which will see the kids not required
Thanks for being upfront.

I'm sure you would have done it back in the day hank? Didn't enjoy the experience?
Incorrect, never played a junior game before playing seniors, also 3 years as a U/18 Coach, no player was allowed to play U/18's if they where picked in the Seniors. Same rule in the 4 years as a senior coach, that rule was broken once when the U/17s were short and the player still came off at half time and they played one short for the 2nd half.

That's the main point rhubarb, you are not going to play your best footy if you have played a full game of footy beforehand, I realise most kids want to play both but that's where the club/coaches should step in and put their best interests first. By the looks of it there was some extenuating circumstances today, but hey plenty of clubs do it and a couple of leagues pretty much make clubs do it by having a 3rds substitute who has to play in the 3rds first:rolleyes:. So I'm probably in the minority here, although I know a few quality MFL Coaches voiced their disapproval about the sub rule last year, for the exact reasons I have raised.

That would be a nightmare wouldn't it? Where does the investigator go to seek evidence? Where does he or she start? Who do they and don't they interview? Tough gig for natural justice if it goes to a tribunal. Rule 5.2 permits anyone to request an investigation if they stump up $500.00 but like I said, the League doesn't do it.
As per any investigation the investigation officer is required to be given some details of the issue, therefore giving a lead to who the witnesses are etc . League doesn't have to come up with the $500 . Independent AFL vic country investigator is still used and the league still makes the final decision as whether or not it goes to tribunal .

That's the main point rhubarb, you are not going to play your best footy if you have played a full game of footy beforehand, I realise most kids want to play both but that's where the club/coaches should step in and put their best interests first. By the looks of it there was some extenuating circumstances today, but hey plenty of clubs do it and a couple of leagues pretty much make clubs do it by having a 3rds substitute who has to play in the 3rds first:rolleyes:. So I'm probably in the minority here, although I know a few quality MFL Coaches voiced their disapproval about the sub rule last year, for the exact reasons I have raised.
Who has it as a requirement that kids must play thirds before playing as sub in the seniors , MFL I assume and who else ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard coaches didn't like it and kids were hardly used unless injuries occured, didn't realise that was a requirement .
Was there any reasoning given initially ?
Any way I've done it b4.. And never affected me after playing a full game in the thirds.. But hey time changes a lot of years hey hank.. :)

Watched the first half at rushy and yes foxtrot you just snuck home and so you should have Rushy are fighting for survival and are really struggling for players .....as the scoreboard shows But saying that there was a 20 min period in the first quarter where rushy really put pressure on lanky and they really didn't respond well But they just couldn't sustain it Yes they ended up flogging rushy It is what it is. Just saying what I saw
How was the ground at Rushy?

How was the ground at Rushy?

Well I saw it a month ago first hand running laps and it was very average hence round 1 home game being moved ..... But what a difference some rain and good old fashioned local hard work can make It was quite good indeed good grass coverage and not rock hard it allowed a good fast flowing football. .... Maybe they should have flooded it and made it a bog. Hahahahaha. Some more rain in the next week and it will be a treat

Spoke to a lanky player and they said glass, tent peg We're found on the ground

Must have been one of the city boys who doesn't know what gypsum is Google it and check it out. It does to someone who doesn't know look like glass its a fertilizer it was all over the ground but it won't cut or harm you. Sounds like you need more county boys in the side

Must have been one of the city boys who doesn't know what gypsum is Google it and check it out. It does to someone who doesn't know look like glass its a fertilizer it was all over the ground but it won't cut or harm you. Sounds like you need more county boys in the side
I know what gypsum is mate and it was that it was broken glass

What has happened to the Rushy ground? Recall playing cricket there two decades ago and it was gorgeous ... apart from the brown snake (true) and broken stubbie near the pavilion! Love the Rushy boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back