Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsch

Debutant
Jan 27, 2010
Deni
AFL Club
Sydney
Good hit out yesterday between mathoura and Rushworth game played in good spirits in pretty hot conditions. Full credit to the Rushy guys who looked to have about 23 players but stuck it out and played the full 6 Quarters well done guys.

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Good hit out yesterday between mathoura and Rushworth game played in good spirits in pretty hot conditions. Full credit to the Rushy guys who looked to have about 23 players but stuck it out and played the full 6 Quarters well done guys.

Yeh, not great numbers for the tiges but Johnson was pretty happy with how they went.. It will be interesting to see how they go this year, looks like shaping up as a pretty strong season in the KDL this year. Stanhope won't drop off as much as most have predicted, given how they went against Gig. Patto must be a good coach, because they always seem to play a very team oriented and un-selfish style. Again, apparently they linked together well.

footy88

Team Captain
Oct 22, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers

Yeah our numbers weren't great missing quite a few players because of work and other commitments, but was a good hitout on the bigger ground up there, thanks to the Timber Cutters for hosting.

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Hey D2, how did he go today? :footy: Didnt play, musta been tired from his trips to two KDFL venues Thursday & Friday ;)

How did the match go? Went well, only one of the 6 terms did both clubs have their best available out there so the standard naturally varied.

Do you think Broadford will improve from last year? Unlikely, we've lost far too many

I see Riddell, Lancefield and Kilmore have all been busy in the off-season.
Riddell beat Douta Stars yesty Im told and will go close, Lancefield will be top 3-4 again and Kilmore will sneak into 6th at best

:confused: Why are we discussing this on the KDFL thread again?????

dwyane WADE show

Senior List
Jul 1, 2007
Wallan
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Avenel Swans & Wallan Magpies
Notice that Subba has put in a clearance to Swanpool in the Ovens & King league, will be a huge loss to the swannies.

Dont worry joeyboy i think you will find he will be back in an avenel guernsey this year. Looks like Woodsy may be on his way to nagambie though. Disappointing for the swans and will be a huge loss if he goes.

sraughny

Draftee
May 25, 2009
country vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dont worry joeyboy i think you will find he will be back in an avenel guernsey this year. Looks like Woodsy may be on his way to nagambie though. Disappointing for the swans and will be a huge loss if he goes.
heard on bush telegraph woods very over-rated. and avenel already knocked back his clearance due to contractual disagreement. also heard very keen on himself.

Rookie Draft

Draftee
Dec 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
heard on bush telegraph woods very over-rated. and avenel already knocked back his clearance due to contractual disagreement. also heard very keen on himself.

Not sure he ever had big wraps, so uncertain how he could be over-rated?Seemed like a good bloke when i met him. Have only seen him play once and looked to have a nice pair of hands and a decent kick, think his clearance will get through and would expect him to line up for Nagambie in round 1.

Joeyboy

Senior List
Apr 28, 2006
Tooborac
AFL Club
St Kilda
Woodsy will be very handy at Nagambie if his body holds up, when at Avenel got injured a fair bit. But when right was pretty impressive, strong set of hands and a good set shot at goal, with him and the ratsnake down forward for the Lakers, will be hard for teams to hold the both of em. Anyone no the reason for his departure.

Blackout

All Australian
Apr 1, 2009
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Woodsy will be very handy at Nagambie if his body holds up, when at Avenel got injured a fair bit. But when right was pretty impressive, strong set of hands and a good set shot at goal, with him and the ratsnake down forward for the Lakers, will be hard for teams to hold the both of em. Anyone no the reason for his departure.
Yeah I'd agree with Joeyboy, he should be a good player in a good team. But you never know how the body will hold up.

Not so sure on the reason for his departure, I've heard about 20 different sides to the story...

dwyane WADE show

Senior List
Jul 1, 2007
Wallan
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

Not 100% sure on why the departure but i for one am disappointed to see him going. I think he is a very good player when he gets out there and a pretty good guy too. So yeah i think he is a big loss to the swans. Hopefully him and the club can work something out so he changes his mind but at this stage that doesn't seem too likely. Joeyboy are you gonna get to many swans games this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sraughny

Draftee
May 25, 2009
country vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not 100% sure on why the departure but i for one am disappointed to see him going. I think he is a very good player when he gets out there and a pretty good guy too. So yeah i think he is a big loss to the swans. Hopefully him and the club can work something out so he changes his mind but at this stage that doesn't seem too likely. Joeyboy are you gonna get to many swans games this year?
reading shepp news lift-out avenal leading goal kicker sidebottom with 24 majors. was woods a key fwd/ ?????:eek::eek:

Joeyboy

Senior List
Apr 28, 2006
Tooborac
AFL Club
St Kilda
reading shepp news lift-out avenal leading goal kicker sidebottom with 24 majors. was woods a key fwd/ ?????:eek::eek:

Woodsy would play out of the square with Sidey when right, i reckon he would of only played a handful of games, hurt his knee, then his shoulder and his hamstring. As i said previously very injury prone but when right is a very handy footballer.

Joeyboy

Senior List
Apr 28, 2006
Tooborac
AFL Club
St Kilda

Reckon ill get to a fair few dwyane, depending on work. Coxy has asked me to help him out on the sidelines, so ill see where that leads. how has your pre-season been going, ready for another big year???

dwyane WADE show

Senior List
Jul 1, 2007
Wallan
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Reckon ill get to a fair few dwyane, depending on work. Coxy has asked me to help him out on the sidelines, so ill see where that leads. how has your pre-season been going, ready for another big year???

Good to hear mate. Yeah have had a fairly decent pre-season so going into this year pretty fit hoping to have another good year mate.

Shags22

Draftee
Jan 12, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vics

bit harsh sraughny - played with him a couple of years ago. Good bloke, and good player. I've heard he's been struggling with injuries, but if he can get himself right, will be a good player in any side. He kicked about 80 goals in my last year with him, so he knows his way around. If you new him, you'd be changing your tune pretty quick.

crocket17

Debutant
Apr 8, 2008
GV
AFL Club
Collingwood
bit harsh sraughny - played with him a couple of years ago. Good bloke, and good player. I've heard he's been struggling with injuries, but if he can get himself right, will be a good player in any side. He kicked about 80 goals in my last year with him, so he knows his way around. If you new him, you'd be changing your tune pretty quick.

Sounds like a real superstar that warrants a whole page, on Big Footy, dedicated to talking about how good he could've been if he hadn't have been injured....i've played against Avenel, with Woods fit and he didn't do sh1te. Fat, slow and an average country footballer at best...

The Scribe

Senior List
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
According to the KDFL website Jake Lloyd has been cleared from Nagambie?

I assume this may be to play round 1 in the GVFL before getting cleared back for the start of the KDFL season? Can anyone confirm this is the case or whether it is permanent?

Cheers...

showy#1

Debutant
Aug 10, 2006
nagambie
AFL Club
Essendon
loydy was going t play for tat seconds but has decided against it also noticed that trent sidey has put in a clearance to head to the pdfl can anyone tell me where he is headed

dwyane WADE show

Senior List
Jul 1, 2007
Wallan
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sounds like a real superstar that warrants a whole page, on Big Footy, dedicated to talking about how good he could've been if he hadn't have been injured....i've played against Avenel, with Woods fit and he didn't do sh1te. Fat, slow and an average country footballer at best...

Might have the wrong guy mate, one thing is for certain is that woods isn't fat. Anyway how are all clubs grounds looking at this time of year?

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
loydy was going t play for tat seconds but has decided against it also noticed that trent sidey has put in a clearance to head to the pdfl can anyone tell me where he is headed

good to see ya back showy hope you have a big year :thumbsu:

adambourke1

Rookie
Sep 21, 2008
Nagambie
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyway how are all clubs grounds looking at this time of year?

After having a practice match at Murchison last night, their ground looked to be in very good condition.:thumbsu: That was until it got dark.:)

Longwood's ground has improved with recent rain, but won't be one of the best in the KDFL. Other facilities are 1st class at Longwood with a renovation and new works being completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back