KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ardmona def. by Violet Town Ardmona Recreation Reserve 6.6-42......21.22-148

Merrigum def. by Lancaster Merigum Recreation Reserve 5.4-34......15.16-106

Nagambie def. Avenel Nagambie Recreation Reserve 28.12-180.....14.6-90

Stanhope def. Rushworth Stanhope Recreation Reserve 17.14-116......8.8-56

Tallygaroopna def. Girgarre Tallygaroopna Recreation Reserve 14.16-100....12.8-80

Undera def. Longwood Undera Recreation Reserve 18.16-124....2.0-12

Doesn't matter how many they loose, they still manage to win most games.

Doesn't matter how many they loose, they still manage to win most games.

Yes 10 goal win against a side that is expecting to play finals is a good start to the year.
Not sure people around the league take into account that they still have the two best players in the comp in Gray and Sanders.

Yes 10 goal win against a side that is expecting to play finals is a good start to the year.
Not sure people around the league take into account that they still have the two best players in the comp in Gray and Sanders.

Barnett,Godsmark,Shiels,brunt just to name a few who would be on par if not better than 2 i would suggest?? Just my thoughts tho:)

Barnett,Godsmark,Shiels,brunt just to name a few who would be on par if not better than 2 i would suggest?? Just my thoughts tho:)

Take your thoughts on board but would have Gray and Sanders before any of them. Barnett, I assume u mean Paul Burnett or is there a Barnett running around somewhere?

Take your thoughts on board but would have Gray and Sanders before any of them. Barnett, I assume u mean Paul Burnett or is there a Barnett running around somewhere?

How many games of KDFL do you watch a year Hank. Seems you are abit bias to your old club. Considering Gray has been injury prone of late, and Sanders spent alot of last year overseas.

My Top 5

1- Godsmark ( UND )
2- Paulke ( NAG )
3- Burnett ( LAN )
4- S. Laporta ( UND )
5- S. Vouragalis ( UND )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep sorry burnett my mistake!! I would still take brunt ahead of them but hey thats what this site is for?? Discussion!

Reasoning behind my assessment;

Played with or against all above mentioned other than Sanders.

Brunt - Probably best credentialled for individual accolades, Morrison Medal (12yrs ago though) 2x Picola League medals, numerous club B&F's. Wins his own footy and is fearless, doesn't have the presence of Gray on the field though and spent the last half of last year in la la land, hopefully the time off has repaired his noggin and he can finish off on a good note at Lancy.

Godsmark - Multiple Vic District league rep, played some good solid footy at United in the GV but not to the standards of the others mentioned. In top 3 at Undera but not in the league.

Burnett - Excellent career at Ky, leads from front, wins own footy, seemed to be slowing up a bit last year in the couple of games I saw though, still in the best half dozen in the league.

Sheils - Prolific ball winner, silky skills, league medallist but couldn't quite cut it at GV level, albeit a hard side to get into.

Snelson - Hasn't been mentioned but sure someone will, similar attack and presence as Gray, also plays well when it counts (BOG in MFL GF), left Rochy when borderline in '04 (should have been in the side IMO) so hasnt got the record in the GV as others.

Gray - Rochy B&F winner & Life member, unmatched attack on the footy, countless GF's, and has that presence that not many players have, plays important games as if its life or death.

Sanders - TAC Cup, VFL & Geelong league player, now in his prime, silky mover, great grab, can play in any position on the ground.

Just my thoughts from outside the league, but think I've seen enough of them to give a worthwhile opinion, look forward to others.

How many games of KDFL do you watch a year Hank. Seems you are abit bias to your old club. Considering Gray has been injury prone of late, and Sanders spent alot of last year overseas.

My Top 5

1- Godsmark ( UND )
2- Paulke ( NAG )
3- Burnett ( LAN )
4- S. Laporta ( UND )
5- S. Vouragalis ( UND )

Fair point Spy, would have seen half a dozen a year over the last 4 years, but usually the ones that count eg. finals. Yes Gray has been injury prone but when fit, which I assume he is at the moment he would handle your 4 onballers in that list one on one.
Yes Sanders spent majority of last year overseas, then rocked up with three games to go in the season with no preperation and he nearly got Stanhope close to knocking off the eventual premiers after having an indifferent year without him there. Good to see we have a bit of discussion going anyway;)

Let's hope Burnett and Gray go head to head this week, any Stanhope or Lanky player can give us the result. Although I think they will both be tagged.

Went and watched Tally vs Gigaree on saturday, Snelson did play but didn't play aswell as i was expecting. Tally will surprise a few with recruit mcintyre? very lively up forward and a few young blokes like harley green with some good pace through the middle guided by the experience of willy sanders

Fair point Spy, would have seen half a dozen a year over the last 4 years, but usually the ones that count eg. finals. Yes Gray has been injury prone but when fit, which I assume he is at the moment he would handle your 4 onballers in that list one on one.
Yes Sanders spent majority of last year overseas, then rocked up with three games to go in the season with no preperation and he nearly got Stanhope close to knocking off the eventual premiers after having an indifferent year without him there. Good to see we have a bit of discussion going anyway;)

My opinon, Sanders playing in a league well below his standard. (Yes I do realise there are other players in the league doing the same)
Have seem him play and he is a superstar, and still proberly young enough to have a crack at GV or MFL, although I'm not aware of his true age?? Is around 24 25?? one would think?

;)
My opinon, Sanders playing in a league well below his standard. (Yes I do realise there are other players in the league doing the same)
Have seem him play and he is a superstar, and still proberly young enough to have a crack at GV or MFL, although I'm not aware of his true age?? Is around 24 25?? one would think?

Oh yeah, I dont by any mean think the KDL is of a poor standard ethier..... (Just covering my arse):thumbsu:

Avenel V Nagambie on saturday was a pretty spiteful clash between the two arch rivals. Plenty in it with spotfires all over the ground, one thing that disturbed onlookers, was a young Avenel player being choked during one blue, he left the field gasping for air and struggled to have an impact after he finally came back on, this happened right infront of the rooms over the boundary line.

To the game and Avenel kicked the first 3 of the game before R.Sidebottom and E.O'Connor were sent off, got Nagambie back into the game. The Swans were still in it at the main break down by 17 points, but in the 2nd half Nagambie put the foot down and kicked 16.6 to Avenels 4.5, to run out easy winners by 15 goals.

Avenel V Nagambie on saturday was a pretty spiteful clash between the two arch rivals. Plenty in it with spotfires all over the ground, one thing that disturbed onlookers, was a young Avenel player being choked during one blue, he left the field gasping for air and struggled to have an impact after he finally came back on, this happened right infront of the rooms over the boundary line.

To the game and Avenel kicked the first 3 of the game before R.Sidebottom and E.O'Connor were sent off, got Nagambie back into the game. The Swans were still in it at the main break down by 17 points, but in the 2nd half Nagambie put the foot down and kicked 16.6 to Avenels 4.5, to run out easy winners by 15 goals.

Maybe young Avenel players should not hit people when they are on the ground and not looking Joeyboy:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back